So James Rolfe(aka the guy who plays the Angry Video Game Nerd) posts this video informing and explaining to his fans that he has no interest in seeing the new Ghostbusters remake and that he's not going to review it, answering a question he's probably been asked a hundreds of times.

then Patton Oswalt tweets this

And then the internet explodes with some people taking Jame's side, other people against James, some who haven't even bothered actually watching Jame's video spreading that he isn't watching it because of the female cast. This situation is really dumb, and I really think Patton Oswalt fucked up. He created a mob needlessly attacking James over something so trivial.
Then he tweets this

And the video James posted wasn't even a fucking review. It was simply a video informing his fans that he has no interest in the film because it looks bad to him. Why should he waste his money and time on a film he has no interest in? He's not trying to be a professional reviewer that reviews everything under the sun. He reviews films because he enjoys it. He reviews comically bad films because he enjoys it. He makes videos, like this one, because he enjoys it. This shit just proves how toxic the internet can be. Even if James is somehow wrong in his stance, that does NOT excuse the amount of harassment and public shaming he's getting for it. This shit makes me feel disgusted. And the worst part about this is had James actually seen the movie, thought it sucked and posted a review about it, these same people would be giving him the same level of harassment and public shaming, most likely with responses like "If you thought it looked bad, why the hell did you see it?"

If you don't care about this, sorry for bumping the thread, but I really needed to vent because I can't help but feel pissed about this because James Rolfe really is a good guy and doesn't deserve this shit.