Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: The Ghostbusters Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'll see it eventually, sure, but I'm still trying to figure out what Thanksgiving has to do with ghosts.
    Seems like because October is just stacked. Wasn't the delayed release date in June? I can't keep up anymore lol. If it is at least the first week of November, that would be nice.

I'm keeping an open mind about it and find the mini puffs roasting themselves hilarious. I cannot see this being as bad as the 2016 monstrosity, but you never know!

Hotel Transylvania 4 [Cinema] – October 1
    No Time to Die (US) [Cinema] – October 8
    Halloween Kills [Cinema] – October 15
    The Last Duel [Cinema] – October 15
    The Many Saints of Newark (UK) [Cinema] – October 22
    The Boss Baby: Family Business (UK) [Cinema] – October 22
    Dune (US) [Cinema/HBO Max] – October 22
    Jackass 4 [Cinema] – October 22
    Last Night in Soho [Cinema] – October 29
    Antlers [Cinema] – October 29

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Seems like because October is just stacked. Wasn't the delayed release date in June? I can't keep up anymore lol. If it is at least the first week of November, that would be nice.

I'm keeping an open mind about it and find the mini puffs roasting themselves hilarious. I cannot see this being as bad as the 2016 monstrosity, but you never know!

Hotel Transylvania 4 [Cinema] – October 1
    No Time to Die (US) [Cinema] – October 8
    Halloween Kills [Cinema] – October 15
    The Last Duel [Cinema] – October 15
    The Many Saints of Newark (UK) [Cinema] – October 22
    The Boss Baby: Family Business (UK) [Cinema] – October 22
    Dune (US) [Cinema/HBO Max] – October 22
    Jackass 4 [Cinema] – October 22
    Last Night in Soho [Cinema] – October 29
    Antlers [Cinema] – October 29
    That's ...there's ALOT there i wanna see!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    These movies are a lot more fun if you don't think too hard about them, and instead; just strap a cereal box to your back, tape a kleenex box to it to be your trap, and run some yarn to a toilet paper roll to blast the ghosts with.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I just bought a collection of Real Ghostbusters on DVD but silly me to have assumed it would be COMPLETE.

(It doesn't say complete on the packaging anywhere or "ALL 140 EPISODES", it only says "Over 100 episodes" so that's my bad)

Word of warning that this is missing like 24 episodes at least. Also the reviews mention that fact but i didn't actually purchase this online, i grabbed it at Wal-Mart so i didn't think to check for online listings and info.

https://www.amazon.ca/Real-Ghostbust...dp/B073VRG3XS/

At least it's something though and I'll be happy to watch what's there but still this kind of shit always pisses me off, why didn't they include those remaining episodes in this release? copyright reasons? cultural reasons? Whhhhhy?

Also I came to realize there was an actual complete collection that came out back in 2008 but i missed out on that one, it also looks like a way better package full of artwork even on the discs. Can't say the same about my copy.

Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-25-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ Now that's a set. Reading some early reviews of Afterlife, sounds like something The Force Awakens did, but I'm still here for it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Holy shit, that was a fun time. Even at 1am I was geeking out like I was 30 years younger. Just a blast. 4.5/5

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Absolutely loved the new movie.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just saw this. The Critical Drinker on the 2016 film:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just saw Ghostbusters Afterlife. Overall, it was a very enjoyable movie, better than the 2016 film, maybe even better than Ghostbusters 2. I suggest re-watching the original movie, as Afterlife uses many of the same plot elements. It was a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'd defiantly say Afterlife is the 2nd best GB movie now, it's a lot of fun and i really did love the new younger characters. Also felt like they were using puppets over CG in a lot of circumstances which was great!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I loved Afterlife. Sure, it had "No Way Home"-levels of fanservice, but I didn't mind at all

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I liked it too. I didn't think it needed to exist, and it was pretty obvious to me what the storyline would be given after seeing trailers for it for 2 years, but in a world were it had to be a thing just because it's valuable IP, they did a good job with it.

Though I still think Ghostbusters 2 is better simply because of Peter MacNichol's ridiculous performance and nothing else

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    "Afterlife" was mostly fan-service, but miles better than the 2016 reboot; but no, i'll take Ghostbusters I and II any day over this, still it was entertaining.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I thought Afterlife was pretty good. Always good to see Bill Murray. I didn't think using the ghost of Harold Ramis was offensive & actually rather sweet & loving.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I wish it hadn't quite relied so much on reusing GB1 plot elements, but I came away from it really happy and I thought what they did was a sweet tribute to Ramis. It really brought home how much I used to love GB as a kid; I've started re-watching the Real Ghostbusters cartoon myself and it actually holds up way better than a lot of the cartoons of its time - had some decent writing.

I'm gonna say GB1>GB: Afterlife>GBII>2016.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I really, seriously enjoyed it. It COULD have been better, but it was certainly good. Like @henryeatscereal said, it was pretty much just fan service, but hey- that's ok sometimes. Makes me think of "Chewy. We're home" in Episode VII.

And me three as wrt to the Ramis tribute. I, too, thought it was sweet and powerful, and I loved the onscreen text. It made me tear up.

Better than GB2 though? Idk @Shadaloo . I wouldn't go THAT far.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Afterlife was fun, but GB2 is by far the better film.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It's happening! The squad is back together!