Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: The Ghostbusters Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'm more into the Real Ghostbusters cartoon if I'm honest but i still really enjoy the first two films, they're legitimate classics that have withstood the test of time and are right up there with some of the best.
    This. Also, even the friggin' game on Xbox was more true to the universe.

Leslie Jones can bring her obnoxious ass back into mediocrity... Wasn't it your reboot that pretty much negated everything that happened prior to your shitty, horribly written movie? The cast could have maybe worked... But it crashed and burned. Just because we are getting the og directors son, and him to help.. That by no means makes me think this franchise is "Saved". But at least they're giving some sort of respect that the first two paved the way for.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'm more into the Real Ghostbusters cartoon if I'm honest but i still really enjoy the first two films, they're legitimate classics that have withstood the test of time and are right up there with some of the best.
    I agree, the cartoon was great. I think the first movie is fantastic as well. Was a very original idea. The second one kind of sucks when you think about it. The second one really doesn't hold up. I would say the original and then the cartoon would be next. The second movie is just meh.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    If i remember correctly the Real Ghostbusters cartoon was pretty much responsible for the toy craze? I remember wanting all the toys BECAUSE of the cartoon, and Slimer (who was barely IN the original film!) I didn't even see the film until the mid 90's and after i was into the cartoon.

Regardless of weather this is a Sequel, Reboot, Soft Reboot, Cartoon Reboot, Musical Reboot, Dog Reboot or whatever...i have very little faith in it. If this was with a different studio then maybe i could get behind it, but Sony are awful (especially in making films aimed at kids!) nowadays if Sony make a good film most movie goers are surprised its good (and thats mostly because another studio helped/did it for them!)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If Rick Moranis is in it, then it'll probably be good. If he isn't, then it'll probably be bad.

And here's an idea, why not reboot the cartoon?
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 01-22-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    And here's an idea, why not reboot the cartoon?
    The original article (i think it was on here) did mention they are planning an animated film at the same time, so they might be. If they use the same style as Spiderverse and get the right creative team behind it...now that could be awesome!

Edit: Going back to my earlier point about Sony being the worst, a quick look up on films releases due this years lists Sony as the company not only Rebooting Charlies Angels (again) but...Masters of the Universe

...fucking hell
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 01-22-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Masters is still a thing? I thought they scrapped that idea.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm Already Sick of This

I completely agree with this. The Venn diagram of "true" Ghostbusters fans and the comicsgate crowd is just a solid circle.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The New Ghostbusters Is About a Single Mom and That Mom Is Carrie Coon

...................................... okay, fine. Now I'm intrigued.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Bill Murray confirmed to be back for Ghostbusters 2020 today!
    He slept through his own lifetime achievement award press conference (LOL that's the most Bill Murray thing ever) and after waking up, he confirmed that he's reprising his role of Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters 2020!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Bill Murray confirmed to be back for Ghostbusters 2020 today!
    He slept through his own lifetime achievement award press conference (LOL that's the most Bill Murray thing ever) and after waking up, he confirmed that he's reprising his role of Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters 2020!
    Make up your mind Bill!!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    A place where I like to eat, the guy who owns it, had his apartment used as a location and another guy I know made some book props for it (including Tobin's Spirit Guide).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

so they literally watched Stranger Things and said "yeah, let's do that in a movie"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think it looks good so far. At least it's not treating the franchise like a big joke (but not in a funny way) like the 2016 movie did. I love Kate McKinnon and Kristen Wiig, but that movie was like a feature length SNL skit – an unfunny one, at that. I felt like there was barely a script and they just let the actors ad-lib like 70% of the movie. They didn't treat the property with the respect it deserves, something this movie seems to at least be doing.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    like the 2016 movie, but that movie was like a feature length SNL skit – .
    The problem is now we have a feature length stranger things flick.

I'm incredibly on the fence about this. So, so undecided. On paper, this was (is?) my most anticipated movie of 2020. But after reading the synopsis that came out a few days ago, I was less excited. I generally stay far away from trailers of movies I want to see as I don't want the movie ruined before I watch the film (trailers these days are nothing but trouble), but I couldn't help myself with this one. I needed to see how this was going to pan out. Now that I see the general look and feel of the film, I'm moving forward ever so cautiously. I really want to like this, the problem is, when you need to force yourself to like something, it usually doesn't end favorable. I'm staying optimistic for the time being, but that's the only trailer I am watching. Going to stay away from the trailers and news of this film until it's release now.

My biggest issue here is, I just don't want to see 12-14 year olds as Ghostbusters. I appreciate the whole "pass the torch" idea and all, but... I donno. Maybe this movie is needed, because in 5 years, once this teens grow up and become young adults, we could get an AWESOME sequel. So, yeah... if this movie sets it up to have a sequel set in 5-10 years when these actors have grown up and have taken over the Ghostbusters business and it's all well established, then I'll gladly accept this with open arms. Until then, time will tell.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    We just got some of the guys Kin watching old footage of the Ghostbusters..... This little tidbit brings a more faithful feeling than the entire trash 2016 movie did. Stranger Things feeling? Who cares... I love it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    "There hasn't been a ghost spotting in 30 years"

God I love how they're pretending that 2016 wet fart never happened.

Also this movie looks tight too. The serious tone is very, very unnerving.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 12-09-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The 2016 movie was entertaining enough. Let's not sit here and act like the original Ghostbusters was high cinema or anything.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    2016 movie was absolute trash. An abysmal unfunny piece of shit, just pure garbage that completely missed the mark. Meanwhile I liked the director's other work (Bridemaids, Freaks & Geeks) and I enjoyed Wiig in Adventureland, Bridemaids, Extract, Whip It and McCarthy in St. Vincent, Identity Thief, and her small part in Go. But 2016 Ghostbusters was just terrible. I only laughed once with the mannequin scene. I was so bored watching the director's cut. It wasn't worth $5 I wasted renting it. I rather watch The Last Jedi for the rest of my life than ever see that movie again.

I'm actually excited for this one. Let's hope they don't fuck it up like the 2016 movie.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-09-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Wiig and McCartney are not the bars we wanna set for women in comedy. Good lord neither have ever been funny.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Wiig and McCartney are not the bars we wanna set for women in comedy. Good lord neither have ever been funny.
    MM was awesome in Gilmore Girls. Kate McKinnon and Hemsworth were the real stars in the 2016 GB.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    McCartney was decent in early roles, but she quickly became a type cast actress; her gag had been done to death. Wiig on the other hand I have never found funny.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Looks better than the original sequel... I'm in.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I watched a few fan reactions, after thinking it over, it may not be as bad as I originally thought. This could work out fine. Still treading carefully, but this was the logical next step for the franchise after the women reboot, was to use children instead. Everyone was about about the women that if they went back to men, it would be another sexist shitshow, so the only safe way to proceed was to use children. The other guys are too bloody old anyway. They sat on this project too bloody long. Nobody would want to watch 60 year old Ghostbusters. But if we could get a flashback or two with "de-aging technology" of the old guys hanging it up and just going to live normal lives, that would be cool. Then seeing updated shots of them now when they find out their equipment is being used by egon's grandchildren could make for some entertainment .

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looks good. I want to see this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    McCartney was decent in early roles, but she quickly became a type cast actress; her gag had been done to death. Wiig on the other hand I have never found funny.
    Stella?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, it's official friends... no Ghostbusters afterlife this year.
    Movie pushed back to March 5, 2021.

The one and only thing left this year I was hoping would still happen. Hopefully I'm still around next March to watch it...
    I feel like it's a missed opportunity not pushing it to a october/halloween release this year... I mean... Ghostbusters? Halloween? C'mon! Makes sense.

Guess this really is the final nail in the 2020 coffin.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well, it's official friends... no Ghostbusters afterlife this year.
    Movie pushed back to March 5, 2021.

The one and only thing left this year I was hoping would still happen. Hopefully I'm still around next March to watch it...
    I feel like it's a missed opportunity not pushing it to a october/halloween release this year... I mean... Ghostbusters? Halloween? C'mon! Makes sense.

Guess this really is the final nail in the 2020 coffin.
    Ugh... This really sucks. I wasn't particularly interested in Black Widow, but getting another MCU film still had me excited. Now that the Disney+ series are also delayed... It's gonna be a rough year.

Thankfully, games are still being released.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the final nail in the cinema coffin for me this year would be Bill and Ted 3 getting pushed back.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the final nail in the cinema coffin for me this year would be Bill and Ted 3 getting pushed back.
    I agree. Ghostbusters and Bill and Ted 3 were my 2 most anticipated releases for 2020.