Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Godzilla vs. Kong (The Monsterverse)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    We re-watched King of the Monsters last night and I liked it a hell of a lot better then I did seeing it in the theater. Super pumped to watch Kong from the comfort of my couch tonight.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I fail to see the negative here.
    100% agree.

This is what I wish to see, precisely: a giant lizard and a giant ape fight. Isn't that SUPPOSED to be the best thing about a movie that's basically called "Giant Lizard vs. Giant Ape?"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It was alright. Entertaining for the most part. I guess it was better than King Of Monsters.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm confused by the comments in this thread recently regarding King Of The Monsters. I thought that was easily the best of the 3. Was completely disappointed with Skull Island and thought Godzilla 1 was ok but had far too little scenes with Godzilla in them. Felt KOTM had just the right amount of giant monster fights and all of those scenes were great. Couldn't tell you what the human plot was about though, but as @elevenism pointed out above, couldn't care less about that aspect.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I like Gareth Edwards' Godzilla the most when it comes to tone and really showing us the sense of scale. I just hate the acting/delivery of lines in King Of The Monsters. I need more than just monster fights. Godzilla vs Kong is pretty much Pacific Rim. They sprinkle in a couple of moments in GvK to give us some sense of how big these monsters are and how massive their destruction is, but Pacific Rim did it better than KotM and GvK. I am waiting for Legendary to tie them in together lol. I just found these got a little silly and somehow they managed to make the acting worst in KotM than G1. GvK acting is a step up from KotM. Edwards' Godzilla still is the best one in my opinion.

I imagine the credits like this...

Godzilla
    Story & Screenplay by
    As Long As We're Not Like That Shitty Emmerich Movie
    Directed by
    I Wish I Was Spielberg

King Of The Monsters
    Story by
    12 Year Old Boy
    Screenplay by
    Guy Who Only Edited Generic Action Movie Trailers
    Directed by
    A Guy Who Was Told Not To Repeat Director #1 & Be More Like That Shitty Emmerich Dude

Godzilla vs Kong
    Story by
    14 Year Old Boy
    Screenplay by
    Guy Who Used To Edit Generic Action Movie Trailers, But Took Some Writing Classes
    Directed by
    Dude Who Really Liked Racific Rim
    Last edited by neorev; 03-31-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Is Skull Island part of this universe? That one was REALLY good, in terms of having a big, interesting story.

I don't NEED a big, interesting story, though. I just wanna see Godzilla fight King Kong with 2020 effects.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Holy atomic halitosis!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed Godzilla vs. Kong, everything I was expecting, stupid human bullshit included. The fight scenes were awesome.

I think they've built up some pretty good lore over these 4 movies, really hope they get the chance to make more but that seems kind of unlikely.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I was thoroughly entertained. Seeing it on an IMAX screen with a full FUCK YOU level sound system was dope. Stupid human bullshit was toned down greatly from the last Godzilla, and I thought Millie Bobby Brown was pretty good in a more grown up role, as was the big dude from "Atlanta" as the paranoid conspiracy theorist. He got some good lines in. I actually thought the story here was less absurd than in the last Godzllla (it's still absurd). Hats off to everyone involved with the sound on this...so much work.

The first fight scene btwn Gojira & Kong was pretty impressive from a blocking perspective to me.

Also, no cut scene folks. Don't bother FF'ing your HBOMax, or just leave the theater when its over.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This is definitely the best one since skull island. Thankfully they came to their sense and stopped cutting away from the action.

The one thing I will say is that the human drama is still sooooo tedious in these movies. The reason sku island succeeded is because they trade the melodrama for fun and adventure, comedy and camp. Idk why all these monster movies always try to be so self serious

About halfway through this movie that seriousness is abandoned for batshittery and it was all the better for it

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

apparently this scene made it into the movie but I can't find the one gif I saw of it.

well there's a youtube of it at least.

Last edited by allegate; 04-03-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

About halfway through this movie that seriousness is abandoned for batshittery and it was all the better for it
    This is when the movie came alive for me, it looked like the filmmakers actually had fun doing some of this shit! (Unlike King of the Monsters, where every second of film felt miserable and joyless)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I know all the spoilers because that's how I roll, of course.

Third wave of covid, movie theaters closed.

FUCK EVERYTHING.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    This is when the movie came alive for me, it looked like the filmmakers actually had fun doing some of this shit! (Unlike King of the Monsters, where every second of film felt miserable and joyless)
    Yeah the last two movies are all about edging in genre that doesn't want it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was pleasantly surprised with this. It was pretty sweet, and I'll probably go see it in a theater (watched it on HBO). I couldn't have cared any less about any of the humans (except for the little girl), but the monster fights were satisfying.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Finally saw it and I really liked it! KotM was quite a letdown, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first Godzilla as well as Skull Island, so this was pretty amazing! The human characters were even more neglible than in KotM, but only half as annoying. The little girl felt appropriate and gave the story an emotional push that the other actors just couldn't deliver.

The fights were fantastic, yet bonkers, but fantastic! Exactly what I wanted to see and it's just cool to see Godzilla being so agile and threatening. Some of the more sci-fi stuff really stretched my suspension of disbelief a bit too far, but it all came down to Godzilla and Kong interacting with each other. A fanstastic, great, loud and well made dumb pre-summer movie! Hope I can see it on a really big screen soon. And I do hope they will produce more Monsterverse movies after this one! Overall I enjoy these flicks more than Jurassic World which is just sad, but don't get me started...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    This was posted almost two weeks ago:

And, in case you weren't aware, there should be a Japanese Godzilla film at the end of this year.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

damn, this will probably sell some subs to A+ for sure. amazing.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm a little confused about the series actually. Are the monsters really in it? Or just the occasional cameo?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There are a lot of monsters in the trailer to be cameos and that establishing shot of Godzilla at the end is majestic.