Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla vs. Kong (The Monsterverse)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Godzilla vs. Kong (The Monsterverse)

If any of you remember the 2010 British film "Monsters", it was a terrific film shot for about half a million dollars about aliens on Earth which (to the dismay of MANY people) turned out to be a very chemistry-driven movie. Ultimately, the film led it's director and writer, Gareth Edwards, into being hired by Legendary Pictures to direct a reboot of the franchise.

David Callaham (who wrote the atrocious script for the film adaptation to the video game Doom) was hired to write the reboot of this, and....thank God....Legendary Pictures rejected his script.

They hired an unknown to write a new script. I haven't seen a good Godzilla flick yet, tbh. But it seems from both the directorial choice as well as choosing NOT to go forward with the project until they have an amazing script, they're likely not to fuck this one up. And honestly...after having seen Gareth Edwards' "Monsters" last year, i'm positive he'll make this into something amazing.

Last edited by GoodSoldier333; 12-08-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    This is a reboot I think I can get behind. I really loved "Monsters," so maybe this could turn out alright. I'll wait to hear more before I get excited, though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "Monsters" was a great movie...
    them hiring Gareth Edwards made me believe we can get a great Godzilla flick with character, emotion, and great use of the environment/surroundings to build the atmosphere

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Honestly, I just don't see Godzilla working without a guy in a suit being him. Yeah, it's cheesy and not realistic looking, but come on, that's Godzilla. That's the fun of Godzilla pictures is the cheesiness and epic monster battles. If this movie ends up being an overly CGI'd attempt to make Godzilla completely serious, I will vomit uncontrollably.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ehh, after Rise of the Planets of the Apes, an all CGI film wouldn't be too bad at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    This is a reboot I think I can get behind. I really loved "Monsters," so maybe this could turn out alright. I'll wait to hear more before I get excited, though.
    agreed - I was the only person who went to the limited release showing, and while yes it got odd at the end, I enjoyed it - I'm sure he'll crank out something worthwhile

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    Ehh, after Rise of the Planets of the Apes, an all CGI film wouldn't be too bad at all.
    Agreed! That movie set some new standards for motion capture/CGI. If they set out to do the very best they can manage with the technology, I'm sure that at least the monster itself wouldn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by PQHooligan View Post
    agreed - I was the only person who went to the limited release showing, and while yes it got odd at the end, I enjoyed it - I'm sure he'll crank out something worthwhile
    No limited showing around here, sadly. :\ But it was really stellar to see it in blu-ray after hearing about it on here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's amazing to see how invested Legendary is to Gareth Edwards. They completely believe that they've got THE director for this film, which is great.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Might be worthwhile.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I couldn't believe when I first heard who got the directing gig. It's such a no brainer (and an excellent choice) that I'm surprised that the studio actually went with it. They usually fuck everything up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    i hate to say it, but this could possibly be legendary
    yeah that's right, i said it

this and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming out on the same day
    it's either gonna be an amazing day relishing in everything that was my childhood or my childhood is gonna be bound, raped, and left for dead on the side of the road
    but that date is looking like a double movie day for me, can't wait
    i feel like a fat kid in a candy shop

i really liked Monsters and trust in Mr. Edwards to bring it

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    First little update from the set! Nothing revealing. But I had no idea Bryan Cranston was on board for this! Just gets me more excited.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/03/20...m-godzilla-set

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    oh man, most anticipated of 2014... fuck that!... of all motherfucking time!
    my inner child is ready to whip it out and fucking let loose.
    can ya tell how excited i am by the use of the word fuck every other word???
    legendary pictures behind... the right director behind the camera... and a great cast on top of that... can't wait!
    Heisenberg vs. Godzilla

some info about new footage shown...
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63358

fucking Comic Con, give the outside world the damn footage already!

they also took over a whole warehouse just outside San Diego Comic Con and dedicated it to Godzilla...
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63282

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i loved Monsters. but after Pacific Rim, this movie will be a tall order.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yum.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, i'm excited to check this one out. It was filmed around Vancouver as well, in fact I was on the same street as the set last month, I got to see crushed buses and building debris everywhere. They were trying to pose New Westminster, BC (suburb of Vancouver) as San Francisco. They had signs everywhere welcome to San Francisco. SF Police Dept and other various hidden gems. I'm looking forward to the movie just to pinpoint areas around town! Haha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There have been "talks" about a potential Pacific Rim/Godzilla crossover, given Godzilla is an overall success.

Also, if anyone can put their hands on who's doing the score for this film...Looked everywhere/can't find.
    Last edited by GoodSoldier333; 09-25-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Love the new look.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Honestly, I just don't see Godzilla working without a guy in a suit being him. Yeah, it's cheesy and not realistic looking, but come on, that's Godzilla. That's the fun of Godzilla pictures is the cheesiness and epic monster battles. If this movie ends up being an overly CGI'd attempt to make Godzilla completely serious, I will vomit uncontrollably.
    We had that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingTheGhost View Post
    Love the new look.

Whoa, are those gills on his neck? This'll be the first time they explain how he's able to live underwater.

I wouldn't mind bigger teeth (although I like how they kinda brought back the Heisei-era double rows), but overall I dig it too. It'll be good to see something old-school saurian in the cinema again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Bumping this thread with the same thing, but now with geeky NIN-references shopped in, yay!

EDIT: damnit, forgot to add the essential "And he signs his name with a capital G" joke. Well, it's done now.

WB/Legendary really wants this photo to be taken off and deleted finally from the whole internetz, but let's hope for the best.
    Last edited by Microwave Jellyfish; 09-24-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Aaaaand a concept trailer (without actual movie footage, since it was made for Comic-Con 2012) has leaked today. It is pretty neat. if Legendary didn't hunt it down yet, you can see it here:

http://m.moviepilot.de/movies/godzil.../trailer/55716

A new, official trailer will come out on the 3rd of November.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You have no idea how fucking happy that made me.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Niiiiice! And pretty cool to use the Oppenheimer quote.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So bloody gooooooood.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Just gonna leave this here, since they appear to have replaced the trailer with the promo video from earlier in the year in the link above.

http://www.heavy.com/entertainment/2013/10/godzilla-2014-leaked-teaser-trailer/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Good call, thanks! Here's another link, just to be sure. It's a Hungarian site, so there's less chance of any studio ex's discovering it.

http://indavideo.hu/video/a_dagi_csavo

(trivia: the title of the video is a codename, it means "the fat guy")

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I was able to download the teaser trailer of Dailymotion in pretty decent quality.
    I cannot fucking wait for this movie!
    I loved Monsters and was really excited they picked him to direct Godzilla.
    Then the cast came in and I grew even more excited.
    And not this teaser leaks... and man, do I have a Godzilla-size boner for this movie.
    I always wanted a serious tone Godzilla movie...
    the idea of a gigantic monster attacking a city should actually be a scary experience.
    and not the previous Americanized wisecracking, silly version we got from Roland Emmerich and co.
    Especially when you read that Roland Emmerich and co. weren't fans of nor even watched a Godzilla movie.
    They only got hired because they would do it for a specific budget and can do what they want with it.
    Now that's the kinda people you wanna hire?
    This new one is looking amaze-balls so far.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So today...
    Tuesday, December 10th...
    Warner Bros. Pictures & Legendary Pictures will premiere the GODZILLA trailer at 10 a.m. Pacific/1 p.m. Eastern.

Also, a new viral site for the film, MUTOResearch.net, has launched and been posting scrambled/distorted videos (guessing clips from the upcoming trailer)

--- MUTO VIDEO #1 ---

--- MUTO VIDEO #2 ---

--- MUTO VIDEO #3 ---

--- MUTO VIDEO #4 ---

--- MUTO VIDEO #5 ---

More pictures released:

Last edited by neorev; 12-10-2013 at 01:39 AM.