Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla vs. Kong (The Monsterverse)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I.am.excite!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Absolutely fantastic trailer and everthing I had hoped for! Love how they keep that music going without any Inception-trumpets. This can't come soon enough!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You guys noticed Charles Dance in the trailer, right?

Well Spoiler: The rumor is that he is playing James Conrad, the character played by Tom Hiddleston in Kong: Skull Island. Apparently Michael Dougherty has said that one character from Kong does appear in the movie.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    You guys noticed Charles Dance in the trailer, right?

Well Spoiler: The rumor is that he is playing James Conrad, the character played by Tom Hiddleston in Kong: Skull Island. Apparently Michael Dougherty has said that one character from Kong does appear in the movie.
    That’s so cool! I’d love to see something like that, especially if we’re leading up to Godzilla vs. Kong after this.

Totally unrelated: I read a comment on Facebook that said “Oh wow, Millie is in this?? Do you guys think she’s playing Eleven and crossing over with Stranger Things or she’s a new character entirely??” Why in seven hells would there be a random Stranger Things/Godzilla crossover out of the blue? Do you just go through movies thinking every actor is crossing over characters from other films/shows they’ve done...?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

New footage (possibly trailer) and other goodies to be shown off at Tokyo Comic Con this weekend: https://tamashii.jp/special/shma/godzilla_kom_2019/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by microwave jellyfish View Post

new footage (possibly trailer) and other goodies to be shown off at tokyo comic con this weekend: https://tamashii.jp/special/shma/godzilla_kom_2019/
    ooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Oh....FUCK YEAH!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm in!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    That trailer was absolutely amazing! One of the best I've seen this year.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    oh. yeah.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm making noises a woman my age should not make.

I don't care.

BRING IT ON!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    (Crying dramatically) It is finally happening, it is so beautiful!!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I hope they learned from their mistakes from the first one. I really do, because holy shit, that was awesome.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Seeing Godzilla run looks a little goofy but holy hell, the creature design in this is top notch. Not too sure about Mothras legs but for some reason this uber-CGI-fest feels like it indeed has a soul apart from all the madness. Really stoked for this, so I might start a Godzilla marathon up until the movies release.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Seeing Godzilla run looks a little goofy but holy hell, the creature design in this is top notch. Not too sure about Mothras legs but for some reason this uber-CGI-fest feels like it indeed has a soul apart from all the madness. Really stoked for this, so I might start a Godzilla marathon up until the movies release.
    I recommend Shin Godzilla, that was seriously good (if a little dialog heavy)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Seeing Godzilla run looks a little goofy (...)
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that! But I can forgive goofy running Godzilla because everything else is jaw dropping.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, much as I hate to say it, at this current state the creature SFX quality is definite step-down, especially during that final scene. I know I belong into a minority of about five people on the planet who still remembers and actually cares about the 2014 film, but it has a very similar moment, when G first clashes with the female MUTO, and the execution is just night and day. The way he walks up to her, his movement makes you think of a real reptile on a hunt, mixed with a very pissed off human getting ready for a pub brawl, then he very suddenly grabs the thing on her throat and goes for a bite, and the whole bit looks wonderful. The monsters seem to have weight to them, they look enormous, in a sense really elegant, but also just plain cool.

I mean it's not like perfect or even decent special effects were ever the thing this franchise was known for, and I will always love the big guy, even as a weird-looking cartoon dino, running the Boston marathon against the most generic-looking lens flair infested teal/orange CGI backdrops, but some of that magic that G'2014 and - surprisingly or not - Shin Godzilla so effortlessly provided, seems to be missing from here.

This is just my impressions coming from the visuals, of course. It might turn out to be the best Godzilla movie ever. Nothing would make me happier.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yeah, much as I hate to say it, at this current state the creature SFX quality is definite step-down, especially during that final scene. I know I belong into a minority of about five people on the planet who still remembers and actually cares about the 2014 film, but it has a very similar moment, when G first clashes with the female MUTO, and the execution is just night and day. The way he walks up to her, his movement makes you think of a real reptile on a hunt, mixed with a very pissed off human getting ready for a pub brawl, then he very suddenly grabs the thing on her throat and goes for a bite, and the whole bit looks wonderful. The monsters seem to have weight to them, they look enormous, in a sense really elegant, but also just plain cool.

I mean it's not like perfect or even decent special effects were ever the thing this franchise was known for, and I will always love the big guy, even as a weird-looking cartoon dino, running the Boston marathon against the most generic-looking lens flair infested teal/orange CGI backdrops, but some of that magic that G'2014 and - surprisingly or not - Shin Godzilla so effortlessly provided, seems to be missing from here.

This is just my impressions coming from the visuals, of course. It might turn out to be the best Godzilla movie ever. Nothing would make me happier.
    You're not alone, I liked the first one as well, but I agree that it was too much human interaction and not enough Kaiju.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

That's exactly what I meant with "goofy". That particular scene you are describing is a true standout and I adored every bit about 2014's Godzilla where he was on screen.

Is there any place I can get all the Godzilla movies, and I mean every single one, the most convenient way? Or else I must dig a little deeper.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That's exactly what I meant with "goofy". That particular scene you are describing is a true standout and I adored every bit about 2014's Godzilla where he was on screen.

Is there any place I can get all the Godzilla movies, and I mean every single one, the most convenient way? Or else I must dig a little deeper.
    I was looking through Hulu recently and noticed they had a BUNCH, but definitely not all. They may have also been part of one of the add-on subscriptions though, Starz. I got a free month and haven’t used it much, so my memory’s a little fuzzy heh.

Edit: Checking now - Godzilla (1954), Godzilla (2014), G vs Megalon, G vs Mechagodzilla, The Return of Godzilla, Son of Godzilla, Mothra vs Godzilla, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, Invasion of the Astro-Monster, and Godzilla’s Revenge. Not as many as I thought, but a handful.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-12-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Dig deep, a complete collection will never see light of day outside of Japan. Rights are way too scattered around in the west.

Anyway, these posters are practically old news now, but still.

I'm head over heels in love with Rodan's design, it's the best he's ever looked since 1956.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I just hope they bring back the trippy tiny women that heralded mothra, that's like the best part

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ghiddy bein' cheeky, courtesy of USA Today.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Me right now:

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    There is a 74.8 GB torrent floating around with all of the films, some of them include multiple versions (subbed vs. dubbed).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Click at your own risk, this one's full of money shots.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Click at your own risk, this one's full of money shots.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    S-SPOILERS!