Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla vs. Kong (The Monsterverse)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    FINALLY!

The movie comes out in like 6 months, I can't believe it took so long. I can understand not wanting to show too much before it comes out but it's not like they have to go the usual Hollywood route of giving away the whole movie in the trailer. All I want is 30-45 seconds of mostly just Godzilla wrecking shit up and I'll be happy, then around March drop another 30-45 seconds of Godzilla wrecking a bit more shit and maybe familiarize us with a couple human characters.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    FINALLY!

The movie comes out in like 6 months, I can't believe it took so long. I can understand not wanting to show too much before it comes out but it's not like they have to go the usual Hollywood route of giving away the whole movie in the trailer. All I want is 30-45 seconds of mostly just Godzilla wrecking shit up and I'll be happy, then around March drop another 30-45 seconds of Godzilla wrecking a bit more shit and maybe familiarize us with a couple human characters.
    But wait, didn't you see the Comic Con trailer that leaked a couple of months ago?
    It didn't exactly show any action scenes, but you did see the aftermath, some other monster lying in the rubble, and got a glimpse of Godzilla emerging through the dust.
    The look, feel, and tone was enough for me... definitely was epic!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here we go!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Edit: oh, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    A new, official trailer will come out on the 3rd of November.
    Yeah, sorry about that, guys. It was a twitter rumor that somehow became "official" news. November 3 was the 59th anniversary of Gojira. People assumed WB was going to put out something because of that.

Edit #2: There's a fresh, new poster too.

Last edited by Microwave Jellyfish; 12-10-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    OH MAN, THIS LOOKS SO FUCKING AWESOME THAT I HAVE TO USE ALL CAPS AND BOLD!

But seriously, I'm loving the tone and feel so far. I really wanted a Godzilla movie where the idea of a skyscraper sized abomination stomping a city to dust was actually an emotionally scary thing to witness. Not a movie filled with stupid jokes, no real full on destruction, and no sense of any real danger for its characters like that other American remake we got back in the late 90's. And it's looking like we finally be getting a badass Godzilla. Bring it on! May can't get here soon enough! Plus a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming out around the same time. That's like my entire childhood coming out in theaters in the span of a few months. My inner child is geeking out on overdrive.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK... it looks like they're actually going to get this right this time around. It actually looks good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    God. I wanna put my dick in it.

No, wait. I want it to put its dick in me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Love the new trailer! Getting really excited for this.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Godzilla (reboot)

That was pretty cool. Hopefully it does well and Warner can combine this with Pacific Rim.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This looks pretty fucking epic!! It's pretty dam spooky watching the scale of how big Zilla really is. Aaron Taylor-Johnson I really enjoy as an actor, and having Cranston on board is always a big plus! Cannot wait for this.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This looks so promising. Please please please don't be a disappointment.

And I must be the only person in the world who likes the 1998 movie. Come on guys; Hank Azaria and Jean Reno were fun.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    This looks so promising. Please please please don't be a disappointment.

And I must be the only person in the world who likes the 1998 movie. Come on guys; Hank Azaria and Jean Reno were fun.
    It had its fun parts, but...I really don't wanna see Godzilla for fun parts! I wanna see shit get fucked!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So... looks like there's a glimpse of one of Godzilla's non-human opponents in there. According to those who saw this year's Comic-Con feature (not the leaked teaser on last page), it's an insect/arachnid like thing with pale skin, a thin head and huge black eyes. Something that fits that description appears to be biting/tearing a train (and a bridge with the railway) apart there.

I made a GIF, with 40% of the shot's original speed.

(BTW, is it cool to post animations like this? Here's a link in case it shall be deleted: http://i39.tinypic.com/2dcbn05.gif)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I already know i'm gonna check this movie out, so i'm gonna skip the trailer to avoid spoilers. I hate watching trailers, as I find they always ruin the movie for me. Been trying to get out of the habit of watching trailers to movies I know I want to see. With that said, based on the feedback everyone is writing upon watching the trailer, i'm excited. Sounds like people's opinions on the trailer are generally really positive, so that's a good sign.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Loved this trailer for 1: Not showing much at all, and 2: That opening first-person scene was Eppppppppic.

If anyone here hasn't seen Gareth Edward's (the director) debut and only movie so far titled Monsters, i highly suggest checking it out before watching this film. He was hired essentially because of that film.
    Last edited by GoodSoldier333; 12-11-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    Monsters
    i LOVED this movie. and my interest in this has just gone from very little to quite a lot.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i LOVED this movie. and my interest in this has just gone from very little to quite a lot.
    Monsters was great!
    I swelled with happiness when they announced that he was attached to direct Godzilla.
    I think he's the perfect choice, a director that could balance Godzilla and his path of destruction built around a gripping and emotional character-based story.
    I cannot frigging wait.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trailer looks awesome. As someone said it above me, it looks like they got it right this time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Click here, you won't regret it: http://www.godzillamovie.com/awakenthetruth/

This one's out in the UK on Thursday.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh sweet Lord I have so much hope for this movie; please don't let it be disappointing! Everything so far looks awesome though.

Am I the only who's rooting for Godzilla when watching a Godzilla movie? Although this one looks like a really scary mean bitchy fire breathing man eating destructive machine... I'm still going to cry when he dies. If he dies.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, that looks awesome. Please don't let it suck and please, use the song by Blue Oyster Cult.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    at 1:31, is that a fighter jet coming down from the sky or a flying creature? it kinda looks like Rodan.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I grew up watching that lizard. So stoked for this.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    at 1:31, is that a fighter jet coming down from the sky or a flying creature? it kinda looks like Rodan.
    If it's the same thing that's falling into the ocean in the next shot then it's WAY to big to be anything other than Rodan.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Am I the only who's rooting for Godzilla when watching a Godzilla movie? Although this one looks like a really scary mean bitchy fire breathing man eating destructive machine... I'm still going to cry when he dies. If he dies.
    I usually feel that way. Im really surprised (and disturbed lol) that I feel so differently this time. The tone is just so like real or some shit Im just concerned about all the peeps dyin// imagining myself being there and how terrifying it seems. This looks really scary!! Well done.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    If it's the same thing that's falling into the ocean in the next shot then it's WAY to big to be anything other than Rodan.
    I agree, and after seeing the "dead" monster in the first teaser trailer, I'm not gonna be surprised if we see at least two or three different monsters in the movie - WHICH IS AWESOME. I'm really happy this movie is looking the way it does. They could have really messed this one up, but it is fucking killing it as far as hype goes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Check out Empire's 10 minute video of director Gareth Edwards discussing Godzilla along with the trailer...
    http://bcove.me/9caschu4

Last edited by neorev; 03-01-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    New international trailer.

There definitely looks to be a (clear) flying monster in this trailer.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    New international trailer.

There definitely looks to be a (clear) flying monster in this trailer.
    It doesn't look like it's Mothra.