Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: colony

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

colony

I just discovered this show today and watched the four episodes, and damn, it's good.

It's about a dystopian near future of martial law by a proxy government and occupation by an unknown force in LA, and a secretive resistance movement beginning to gain traction. I kept thinking that the Year Zero tv show might have looked fairly similar, had it ever come to fruition.

The co-creator of the show, Carlton Cuse was a joint showrunner for Lost, as well as being the main showrunner for Bates Motel, The Strain, and the Returned.

And it stars Josh Holloway (sawyer on Lost) and Sarah Callies (Lori from The Walking Dead.)

This is the best new show i've seen in a hot minute, and surprisingly, it comes from the USA network, as did my favorite new show of last year, Mr Robot.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I wanted to start watching this series as well but because of the terrible ratings I'm not even gonna bother.
    It won't make it past season 1.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I wanted to start watching this series as well but because of the terrible ratings I'm not even gonna bother.
    it's fucking GREAT, @Deepvoid. It really, really is.

Also, http://www.thewrap.com/colony-renewe...ason-2-at-usa/

It's already been renewed for a second season.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Alright, I might give it a shot. I just got so many ongoing shows right. I need to finish a few before I start a new one.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i can't believe i'm the only person here watching this bad ass (so far) show.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Not the only one! I haven't caught up to the last couple of episodes, but the tension is there, the shadiness, the mystery. I love when I show throws tons of questions out in the first episode, and actually goes back and explains what is up, but also keeping you in the dark for future happenings. Holloway and Callies have great chemistry on screen, and I really hope this show keeps on going because every time I get into a show nowadays, it gathers a following and gets cancelled... meanwhile other crap ass shows go on for 8 to 9 seasons **Cough Cough** Bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid

Really? It has positive reviews on Metacritic, Tomatoes, and Imdb. Never let reviews skate you down the rails!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I wasn't convinced by the first episode, but now I'm balls deep into this show. Going into episode 5 now.

Edit: I'd also like to be balls deep into Amanda Righetti, but that's a whole other story.

Edit 2: Balls. Deep.
    Last edited by profane; 02-18-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So i really enjoyed this show and can't wait for season 2.
    It's very timely. I think that we are one big ass terror attack away from a similar dystopia.

If you wanna see it and don't have access, make a plex account and hit me up.
    @Deepvoid did you like it?
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-22-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    It's on the back burner.
    Probably gonna start watching when the current TV season ends in May. That should free up some time for a new series.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's been a minute since I've watched this show kinda slipped my mind. I think I got three episodes in? I thought it was pretty good but want completely sold on it. I have been hearing good things about its overall run though. If I remember/have time tonight I'll try and find some more episodes.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Season two is fucking great, 7 episodes in.
    If they are able to keep this up, this show might achieve true greatness.
    This is one of the best shows on TV right now and i have no problem saying that.
    One thing they are doing right is that 17 episodes in, we STILL haven't seen the aliens.
    I think that if and when we do will be a critical moment as to whether or not it makes it better or makes it jump the shark.

But i HIGHLY suggest you guys check it out.
    USA seems to have wanted to pull away from the "blue sky" shit, ergo, Mr Robot and Colony.
    The synopsis of this show (aliens have taken over the us) doesn't do it justice.
    What it's REALLY about is martial law and how people might act in the face of draconian government measures, terrorism, police brutality, religious fanaticism: timely topics to be sure. It is NOT just a nonsense science fiction show.

Plus it's got Sawyer from Lost and Sarah Wayne Callies from The Walking Dead.

The first season is on netflix.

Give this shit a chance, FOR REAL.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    If this shit gets cancelled due to poor ratings, i'm holding all of you personally responsible

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Well i'll be damned.

This thing beat the odds and season 3 is on.

2 episodes in and it's still the cat's ass.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Goddamnit. I'm holding you motherfuckers personally responsible for the cancellation of this show.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    it was good, entertaining tv sci fi. stupid but eminently watchable. i'm more bummed about "the expanse" going to amazon. i think netflix would've been better.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Scifi generally has a hard time surviving. It was a very decent show. I enjoyed it. Hopefully Josh Holloway shows up in something else soon....

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I think it was partially YZ inspired.
    They recently mentioned a character named Reznik; Trevor Reznik was the name of the dude in the machinist and I think THAT shit was confirmed to be NIN related.

I LOVED colony but they kind of fucked up the pacing.

Like in season 3 they were on the road trying to survive and it was ruff in the jungle business like early walking dead.

I was thrilled that the show took such a turn, but then the NEXT FUCKING EPISODE they were all living in seattle and had jobs and were going out for drinks and shit.

We thought we had missed an episode, or rather, a FEW episodes.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I read that it was cancelled because @Deepvoid stopped watching it, and @Pillfred

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @elevenism Haha! I've had a terrible year in terms of cancelled TV series.