Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Division

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

The Division

New Tom Clancy title dropping soon...figured might want a thread in case it's needed. As I've stated, I was in the Alpha and the little bit I got to play of it was unbelievably great. Some new articles are dropping as well that are definitely worth reading:

IGN hands on.

The Division is more like Destiny than you think.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, this game is so very much Tom Clancy meets Destiny. Fuck all these Dark Zone campers camping at the extraction zones, jacking my fuckin' loot hahaha...ugh.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I don't know what I'm doing, but it looks good. There's a lot of trash and birds.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The hype....it grows.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Via leaks:

- In future DLC, there will be a Survival mode, standard deathmatch mode, etc.
    - There are going to be raids (first leaked one is 'Rikers Island', up to 8 players, normal or hard mode, need to play some of the story to unlock it, etc.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If you are like me and are interested in this game but didn't get to try it during the closed beta (even though they initially sent me an email saying they couldn't let more people in then a beta code on the last day) there will be an open beta next week. Feb 18th for Xbox and 19th for PS4/PC which will run to Feb. 21.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Also, the full game size is a massive 32.3gb. Ubisoft themselves did say though that nothing carries over obviously from the beta and recommended wiping that first (since it alone was like 16+ gigs).

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This game plays like trash... movement is a slog, gunplay is bland, the environments are awful to look at, voice acting is terrible.... I can't latch on to any of this. Put it down after an hour.

Seems like it has a lot of elements of Destiny, but Destiny felt great from the get-go, even if it's end game ruined it. This is bogged down with samey environments, boring character models. It just isn't any fun, and it hasn't even tried to get me to grind yet.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I was very let down. I think they are going in a good direction with the depth of the maps. environment details and urban combat. But it (so far) has little variety, enemy AI is both predictable and over-aggro and the whole game feels like it'll be just another mission/gear grind. Even the cut-scene voice acting felt shamefully bad and cliche.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's biggest failure is that it lacks any of the realism and strategy associated with the Tom Clancy brand.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I saw the beta was back on, but all progress was lost. You had to start over, so I shut it off. I pre-ordered this too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Pre-downloaded since my friend bought it and we game share. Can't freaking wait. Week to go!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ubisoft details year one plans for The Division.

Raids ("incursions"), trading, free expansions, daily and weekly missions, and more.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Worth getting? I'm on the fence about it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Worth getting? I'm on the fence about it.
    Only if you have friends or intention to squad up. I couldn't see myself playing this a massive amount if it weren't co-op.

The game is awesome though. I'd say go for it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Pretty slick game so far, hit level 7 last night with a group of 3 other buddies. I'm having some annoyances with inventory management, but otherwise the attention to detail is a real treat.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Pretty slick game so far, hit level 7 last night with a group of 3 other buddies. I'm having some annoyances with inventory management, but otherwise the attention to detail is a real treat.
    Literally identical to what I was going to post lol. Almost level 8, played with 3 friends from work and had a blast...but damn the inventory got me buggin' lol. One thing I found that works great though if you're constantly running out of room...if you have weapon mods...just stick them on a gun. Then it's only taking one spot in your inventory until you get back to vendors, etc.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    That was one main gripe with the beta. The inventory mechanics could be a lot smoother, but it isn't all that bad once you get used to it. Anyone run into players blocking the laptops yet?? Freaking gaming these days. At least that is one aspect Destiny did right with allowing players to phase through each other, instead of getting blocked. So much dickish stuff in this game already.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just deconstruct and sell what I don't want. Every bit of gear that isn't cosmetic or a weapon I just deconstruct as its useless to its new higher protection level one.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So I've hit 30 and have done one Daily Challenge (challenging mode) and I must say that shit is DIFFICULT! I got a high end mask from it. So far I have the Damascus high end handgun, Pahkan high end light machine gun and a high end mask and a high end pair of gloves. Only a few more slots to make yellow! I'm about 50 Phoenix Credits away from being able to buy the high end Vector 45 blueprint. I hear/read it's a great end game weapon with amazing DPS and firing rate. It'll do till I get lucky elsewhere...

Meanwhile speaking of elsewhere I am only level 21 in the Dark Zone and am straight up struggling to level. I feel like it's taking forever.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So I've hit 30 and have done one Daily Challenge (challenging mode) and I must say that shit is DIFFICULT!
    Meanwhile speaking of elsewhere I am only level 21 in the Dark Zone and am straight up struggling to level. I feel like it's taking forever.
    Yeah, the daily stuff is fucking hard, and leveling up in the Dark Zone does feel like it takes forever (especially when you get killed and lose XP).
    If anyone on here is on PS4 and needs a 4th to team up, feel free to message me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So I've hit 30 and have done one Daily Challenge (challenging mode) and I must say that shit is DIFFICULT! I got a high end mask from it. So far I have the Damascus high end handgun, Pahkan high end light machine gun and a high end mask and a high end pair of gloves. Only a few more slots to make yellow! I'm about 50 Phoenix Credits away from being able to buy the high end Vector 45 blueprint. I hear/read it's a great end game weapon with amazing DPS and firing rate. It'll do till I get lucky elsewhere...

They also patched the game two days ago, making the Challenging modes even harder, though yesterday's did yield some good gear for me, and I finally got my final piece to have all high-ends. As for the Damascus (I actually use the Vector 45 now already), keep checking the crafting table in the home base...that was the first high end pistol I got, but after leveling up a bit more in DZ (not sure if that was tied to it) and checking the blueprint stats once returning to the crafting table, I was able to make a more powerful Damascus. I actually went through three...though again, now sure why my mod kept giving me a chance for a higher dps roll...

Also if you can afford it, use 191 Phoenix credits at the vendor upstairs in the home base to get the high end assault rifle 'The Liberator'....it wrecks. Lastly, for DZ grinding, a good farming spot (though you won't get a ton of high end gear from drops) is the very lower left DZ gate (W 31st I think?)...there's an extraction point nearby where ads spawn at a crazy fast rate, and there's a subway 20 ft. away that has fast spawns and always spawns a named guy, so you can get better drops and work that 10 named kill achievement too. It's fairly fast and got me past DZ 50 pretty quickly...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Incursions drop April 12.

Looks like I capped my guy out with all golds and a modded-to-hell Vector just in time lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lovin this game, was a huge Destiny fan but haven't played since The Division came out... Played Fallout 4 as well which was amazing but this game is grabbing all my gaming attention atm

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I liked the game. I have nearly all high-end gear but the end game activities are boring. I've come to the conclusion I don't like the Dark Zone. It's repetitive and 80% of the things I get are shittier than what I got equipped already. Don't care for level dropping either, especially when you randomly get bombarded by random shit and consistently die.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The endgame really opens up once you hit DZ50 and can get the best gear. Once you've got all golds and hit the modded Vector you can really wreck people and it makes the DZ so great. Speaking of that, the DZ is clearly the best place to farm as you get the best gear, plus phoenix credits for blueprints (hard/challenging too of course). It sucks losing xp for dying but you can more than make it up by killing mobs...and in my opinion the DZ is exactly as they wanted it. You never feel 100% safe, you always feel that someone is gonna double cross you...it's great. My friend and I were extracting...a third guy runs up and as he begins the animation of doing so himself... 'Ahh fuck it.' and I light him up. He dies. My friend sighs 'Damn you and your indiscretion, hahaha...' so we run....and have to constantly escape a few groups of 3 who want the bounty for our heads. We make it out alive...killing the same guy from before who has joined in on the chase. We can't stop laughing. So fun.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Double post, here are the full details of the April 12th update.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    MUST. GET. STRIKERS AND NOMAD GEAR SETS.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)