Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting: 2016 Edition

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My favorite quote of Bowie regarding TR:

"Trent Reznor is a downright perfect musician, he is colossal. He is one of the most challenging musicians of our time and by no means a one-hit-wonder or a short-lived phenomenon. What Manson's doing at the moment is very American, but doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Glam. Manson isn't as open. What he's doing is a statement. Very puristic, but really not very interesting. I think that Trent Reznor has more longevity than Manson."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post

"Trent Reznor is a downright perfect musician, he is colossal. He is one of the most challenging musicians of our time and by no means a one-hit-wonder or a short-lived phenomenon. What Manson's doing at the moment is very American, but doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Glam. Manson isn't as open. What he's doing is a statement. Very puristic, but really not very interesting. I think that Trent Reznor has more longevity than Manson."
    He really nailed it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    He really nailed it.
    I see what you did there.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Haha oh god could you imagine Manson reading that? That must have cut like a knife, I'd say Manson was infinitely more directly inspired by Bowie than Trez ever was.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Never seen this Bowie / Trent interview before from MTV news with Kurt Loder. Guess people are unearthing Bowie footage after his death.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...;v=smQi8nUM8AU

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That's so weird. Bowie has only his ring finger on his left hand painted blue which is something I always do. I had no clue he did that.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Anyone know the date of that quote/interview?...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    My next attempt doesn’t go as planned, either, with an Imp sniping me with a charged blast within 15 to 20 seconds of my run. My third attempt is solid, and I find myself almost killing to the beat of the music, which is reminiscent of Nine Inch Nails’ work.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=3

Maybe the new NIN material this year is the new Doom Soundtrack?
    I wouldn't doubt it since Trent worked on the Quake soundtrack.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyone know the date of that quote/interview?...
    It's quoted in 2000 article ( http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...cle.php?id=934 )
    I guess it was said around '99 when Manson was riding his Ziggy Omega persona

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post

Yeah, Trent's gonna take 3 years since the last album, tease us, only to drop a lame video game soundtrack...... NOT!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

no, Doom (2016) is already in marketing phase, has trailers and even active preorders. It would be known months ago if it was true.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Never seen this Bowie / Trent interview before from MTV news with Kurt Loder. Guess people are unearthing Bowie footage after his death.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...;v=smQi8nUM8AU
    Just after the 4:30 mark, they mentioned that MTV refused a video. Assuming that was I'm Afraid of Americans, but makes me wonder if there's a "directors cut" hidden on a shelf somewhere.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Oof. musn't get hopes up!

Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    Yeah, Trent's gonna take 3 years since the last album, tease us, only to drop a lame video game soundtrack...... NOT!
    He said 'and other stuff' a Doom soundtrack doesn't have to be instead of NIN

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Just after the 4:30 mark, they mentioned that MTV refused a video. Assuming that was I'm Afraid of Americans, but makes me wonder if there's a "directors cut" hidden on a shelf somewhere.
    Since the interview was before the Outside tour, wasn't he referring to a video from that album? IAOA was 1997 wasn't it?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-14-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope, soundtrack is being composed by Mick Gordon, same composer from Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i feel fairly sure they're talking about the Happiness In Slavery video

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm Afraid of Americans video wasn't until late 1997.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    It's referring back to Loder's first question to Bowie about when he first heard NIN so they are not talking about a current video. The only video from PHM that MTV didn't play was "Sin", so it could be that.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    How to destroy angels 'A Drowning' was used on repeat (pretty extensively) in a season 3 episode of the cult. The actually kind of repeated it to to the point of annoyance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I have it. It's a Producers Post vhs promo for I'm Afraid of Americans + 13 minutes 18 seconds "Behind The Scenes W/Trent Reznor". I've watched it many times but never uploaded or seen anywhere other than an old 30 second MTV News clip. @FULLMETAL got in touch with me to get it uploaded before the holidays but there's no way I'd send my stuff during the busy holiday season. I'll get it sent soon and hopefully he'll be able to get uploaded quickly.
    Have heard/read many times about this footage, this would be amazing to finally witness!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralhate View Post
    Have heard/read many times about this footage, this would be amazing to finally witness!
    I may have a buddy here who can rig something up and get up uploaded, I'll try my best. I hate sending my tapes through usps mail system.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I may have a buddy here who can rig something up and get up uploaded, I'll try my best. I hate sending my tapes through usps mail system.
    Thanks man, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Whoa! now this would pretty awesome to see, best of luck on getting this digitally transferred and uploaded!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Whoa! now this would pretty awesome to see, best of luck on getting this digitally transferred and uploaded!
    I may or may not just set up my vcr crank up the volume and just record it with my flip. Will be a bit bootleggy but the job will be done.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    amazing the stuff MTV has in their vaults.....theres a 4 hour behind the scenes with Faith No More segment from when they were recording angel dust in 92 including a 90 minute mike patton interview (of which mtv aired maybe 30 seconds)..i remember when that VHS made the trade rounds around 2000 or so...app some dude who worked for mtv stole it when he got fired.....god only knows the concert footage they have..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I may or may not just set up my vcr crank up the volume and just record it with my flip. Will be a bit bootleggy but the job will be done.
    Something like this should definitely get transferred properly for archive. Maybe there's somewhere local to you that can do it?

Or if you can do as good of quality as possible dub of it and mail the duped tape, that'd still be pretty nice....

I completely understand the risks of usps....

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Edit: Dropped the tape off at a studio. They're saying Monday afternoon it'll be ready. I'll upload asap.
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 01-15-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon at Astound Video. They said if I bring them my tape and hard drive and give them $30 they'll give me the best conversion possible. I'll get it uploaded and post a YouTube link here.
    Tag me when you do. Thanks for doing this!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon at Astound Video. They said if I bring them my tape and hard drive and give them $30 they'll give me the best conversion possible. I'll get it uploaded and post a YouTube link here.
    If you have other oddities, might as well try to get a collection going and transfer it all. I'd throw some money into it for sure. :-)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Went into Astound a bit early since I'm up early today. For some stupid reason they want to take my tape and hard drive and call me in a week. I said if you want this $30 you'll do it now or if I can pay a bit more to do it now then fine, let's just get it done. They said that they take orders and fill them in order. So they lost my business. I'm going to call a few more places today but I don't think there are many places in MN that do these transfers.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Yeah, it took me a couple of days to get the Fragility 1.0 digital betacam tape converted. And even then, they mixed up the RGB channels, and I had to go back and get it re-ripped. Sometimes you just have to be patient.

I say this as the guy who's been waiting for you to rip that tape for years now :b