Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Angry Christmas/ Hanukkah/Festivus/ Holiday Thread

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The Angry Christmas/ Hanukkah/Festivus/ Holiday Thread

Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    if one more dreg tells me to "smile cause you're lucky to be working, alive, etc..." i will have a shit hemorrhage. it's not LUCK, it's FORTUNE. the luck falls into your lap, and the fortune is the decisions you make of your newfound luck. just because it's the "holidays" doesn't mean i have to be mary sunshine and grin like an idiot to everyone. christmas isn't an excuse to enable the lazy.

no matter the season, i ask nothing from people i'm not close with. i expect the same.
    Last edited by ldopa; 12-24-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Man on the street: Merry Christmas
    Other man on the street: Whatever

If you're like me you get angry around the Holidays, all this stomach turning happiness and good cheer, just wants to bring out your inner serial killer. Are the pressures of the holidays sending your stress level to the stratosphere? Does holiday travel just want to make you drive your car off an embankment? Or does thought of certain family members push you into thoughts starring in your own Forensic Files episode?

If answered yes to any of these or no for that matter and or just need to vent about the holidays, you have found a home.

For example, I have a co worker at my job who wishes me Happy New Year five times a day until March 15 and I can't for that ride to start all over again.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i think like at least half of the world gets SADDER around the holidays, because of broken families and such.

we pretty well ignore the whole thing in general-my wife doesn't have her kids, etc, blah blah blah, bah humbug, etc

Except for last night i bought her Original Buckwheat SOBAKOWAPILLOW!!!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I spent last sunday with my dad's family and will be doing the same thing tomorrow. Last sunday, in a moment of desperate inspiration, I devised a plan to run away to Quebec City which I'm successfully pulling off on Saturday and coming back Monday. Oh what a glorious christmas present my dad has given me by lending me his car for this trip.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Pretty sure I caught the norovirus. Spent all day yesterday throwing up, listening to my family's endless loop of Christmas music playing in the other room.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    got food poisoning, stuck in my flat all by myself, not a single gift. sounds like a typical Christmas for me

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, I like Christmas in itself, I like the lights, I like the atmosphere, the food and overall festivity. And of course the snow if there will ever be snow again...

But since I don't have any family to celebrate with I am pretty much stuck with my mother for the holidays for whom I am the only person to care. My friends are having Christmas at their homes and the lady is in another state to celebrate with hers until new years eve. So yesterday I had a pretty bad day and actually led myself into a quite depressed state with my thoughts.

So how are those of you who are in a similar situation deal with holidays? Are there any trips you have made? Are there any other things you have done to leave the season on a high note? Please share and maybe some of us not-so-happy people in these days can draw some inspiration from.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I spent Christmas with my Dad as I do every year as I live with my Dad. Was a bit worrying as my Dad got up on Christmas Day after 1am thinking it was already morning and then stayed up to bake a cake and cook. He is ok today though. I have a cold so my energy levels are low, hope to see friends this week though. My sister who lives with my mum in the Caribbean has it hard this year as she has fractured her wrist and has it in a cast so they haven't been able to put up any Christmas decorations or do as much this year. Not really interested in the sales this year as still looking for a job.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Our internet was down for two days and I have an awful hangover. That's about it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    mom made divine coq a vin. i was sick and wasted. ate, drank, slept, back to work. nobody better fuck with me today. i will eat them alive.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Happy Festivus! Found a good pole this year, working on list of grievences now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Perhaps not really angry, more disappointed, but it sometimes sucks for me that some of my family and family's friends relocated, thus not being able to spend Christmas with them like I used to. As a result I used to actually go to two parties on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, with nice/cool, generally chill people and slamming food and drinks all around.

Well. Shit.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    It’s 2020 here in 3 hours from now. What should I do?