Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    He went to prison. What he did was terrible but, unless you're not for second chances, he should be able to continue to live his life.
    there's a difference between him living his life and him being given his platform back.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there's a difference between him living his life and him being given his platform back.
    Absolutely agree. What about ex-gang members that turn thwir lives around and let themselves be a cautionary tale? They make money off of speaking engagements or books and have a platform. Should they not? John Lennon beat his wife but people still listen to The Beatles. These acts are clearly not 1:1, but they certainly share similarities.

I'm not giving any of my money to AILD, but it's a fine song.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Absolutely agree. What about ex-gang members that turn thwir lives around and let themselves be a cautionary tale? They make money off of speaking engagements or books and have a platform. Should they not? John Lennon beat his wife but people still listen to The Beatles. These acts are clearly not 1:1, but they certainly share similarities.

I'm not giving any of my money to AILD, but it's a fine song.
    ex-gang members who turn their lives around and use that change to help inspire people (which i am all for) are very different from the vocalist of a band who tried to have his wife killed rejoining that band. is he using the music to caution others away from getting so fucked up that they contract a killer to eliminate their spouses? because if not, he doesn't deserve a platform that's going to get him fame and attention.

also, i don't listen to the beatles, largely because of that fact. no joke. i was never huge into the beatles, but as soon as i found that out about john lennon, i stopped voluntarily listening to them.

anyway, i'm not trying to tell you you're a bad person for listening to them, and i have no issue with you in general, i just wanted to talk this out!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ex-gang members who turn their lives around and use that change to help inspire people (which i am all for) are very different from the vocalist of a band who tried to have his wife killed rejoining that band. is he using the music to caution others away from getting so fucked up that they contract a killer to eliminate their spouses? because if not, he doesn't deserve a platform that's going to get him fame and attention.

also, i don't listen to the beatles, largely because of that fact. no joke. i was never huge into the beatles, but as soon as i found that out about john lennon, i stopped voluntarily listening to them.

anyway, i'm not trying to tell you you're a bad person for listening to them, and i have no issue with you in general, i just wanted to talk this out!
    From what's been reported, Timmy is pursuing his Master's in social work which, while maybe not directly, could be considered using change to inspire people. Being their vocalist shouldn't mean he needs to write about the situation or speak specifically about it during shows. If he's doing stuff in the periphery to show he's changed and is trying to better himself/others, good for him.

I appreciate the back and forth here. No reason a difference of opinion should have to be any different.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I saw Daughters last night. Despite being stupidly full of the cold and so unable to get properly loose with it, I had a great time. What an exceptional band. Alexis seemed like he was in a state of fury all night, though, and not in a performance way. Regardless, they killed it.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Chaos & Carnage tour opener in NJ was a mess but i'm glad I went. Called for set times as always that day. Girl gave me wrong info, so I missed most of Fallujah. They are great though and their drummer doesn't appear to be an actual human being, but more of a machine.

Then Spite came on, completely out of order from what I was told and how the bill showed. They were ok deathcore. Singer is very entertaining though.

Then Revocation blew my mind. What a phenomenal band. So talented and varied for a technical death metal band.

Dying Fetus after that. Wow, really not my thing. Brutal to stand there through. Set went on forever and everything sounded the same and stuck in the early 90's. I guess some of the Entombed type riffs were pretty good actually. But everything...meh.

Now it's almost midnight and Whitechapel haven't even started yet! They were destroying up there, but as you can imagine alot of the crowd left b/c of the absurdity of how late this show was stretching. They sounded massive, and I was enjoying them, but I had to exit after 6-7 songs. Just too late a night.

And this is why these massive extreme metal packages tour are usually to be avoided. This one supposedly started at 5pm! Apparently a local opener was first, and that's before all this:

Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-20-2019 at 04:13 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i couldn't remember if it was you who turned me on to their first album, but now i know it was! i got an e-mail from bandcamp the other day that this got released and bought it immediately. haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but if it's as good as their previous effort, i'm going to love it. thanks again! <3

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    i couldn't remember if it was you who turned me on to their first album, but now i know it was! i got an e-mail from bandcamp the other day that this got released and bought it immediately. haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but if it's as good as their previous effort, i'm going to love it. thanks again! <3
    Doesn't hit as hard as their last one for me, but it's still really good.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New Darkthrone \m/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    These videos are getting me so amped for the tour this fall/winter!!

3:48-4:44 especially

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Adult Swim - Metal Swim 2 is live.

New Oathbreaker track slays. (fair warning: it's one of their mellower tracks)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-03-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Belgium taking over!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Newly-released b-side from LoG's "Ashes of the Wake". Solid track.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I know we all love making lists here, so with that said, I'm curious: What are everyone's 10 favorite Metal albums?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Newly-released b-side from LoG's "Ashes of the Wake". Solid track.
    Newly released? It was on the Japanese release of the album. I've had it for years digitally. I LOVE it. I hate it's not on the proper album. The end outro is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I know we all love making lists here, so with that said, I'm curious: What are everyone's 10 favorite Metal albums?
    NO order but they always change, this is mostly accurate due to my return listens

Pantera - The Great Southern TrendKill
    Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine
    Mastodon - Crack The Skye
    Behemoth - The Apostasy
    Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
    Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
    Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse / Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk (so hard to choose between these two...)
    Slayer - Reign In Blood
    Carcass - Heartwork
    Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-06-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ^^Oh, I had no idea. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I do love a good list. The top five are consistent and the rest are on a bit of a rotation.

Scarlet - This Was Always Meant to Fall Apart
    Tesseract - One
    Norma Jean - Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child
    Poison the Well - Versions
    Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
    The Agony Scene - The Darkest Red
    The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer
    MOL - Jord
    Metallica - ...And Justice For All
    Bleeding Through - The Great Fire

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    No particular order.

Slipknot - S/T
    White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000
    Death - Symbolic
    Fear Factory - Obsolete
    Lamb of God - As The Palaces Burn
    Pantera - Great Southern Trendkill
    Sepultura - Roots
    Metallica - Ride The Lightning
    Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood
    Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    fwiw, i recorded all of Vein's opening set at the Killswitch show tonight. Weird seeing them with a barrier, but they worked it the best they could I felt. Still pretty chaotic up there.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I love their energy. I hope they put out new music soon and get on some bigger-named tours.

And totally unrelated, does anyone else follow Jordan Buckley on Instagram? He posted this a couple days back and I hope it's a not-so-subtle hint that ETID is supporting TGI on 7/13!

A post shared by on

I cannot wait to get to LA for that show!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Loving the new Employed to Serve album.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This GODDAMN song right here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck yes THROES from Idaho (formerly Bone Dance) has signed with Holy Roar records and have announced a new album In The Hands Of An Angry God on July 26. I'm fucking pumped. These guys kill it live.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Two more days until this....uuunnnnggghh.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Anapparatus - Retrospective

These guys were a local Indianapolis band that broke up like a decade ago, but their stuff still holds up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Two more days until this....uuunnnnggghh.

So this show was fucking gold. Jacob was actually working their merch booth pretty much the entire night and somehow recognized me as I walked up. 'How's the baby doing?' 'Uhh...wow. He's great, thanks how are your sons?'

So we got to chat for a while and he had a little pop up print shop so I managed to score a few artist proofs I've always wanted, so that was a quick $160 down. Then I went to the Cult Leader area and oh boy...so a few new shirt designs needed to be bought, and Anthony had a little binder of original sketches and prints, so had to drop another $100 to get a little sketch based on the 'A Patient Man' skull that was too slick.

As for the bands, man almost all delivered. Numenorean was first and holy shit were they good, just fucking doom epic. Call of The Void was meh...basic thrash. Neck of The Woods...a local Vancouver band that I've never been able to catch live (always opening for bigger acts rolling through) but am I glad I did this time. They were one of the highlights...I'll post a video, get in to them immediately. Sort of a Gojira vibe at times...but damn good.

Cult Leader was Cult Leader. Epic, sludgy...one of my favorite heavy bands, but I was choked with the festival format dictating they only got about 30 minutes before having to walk off. Got to talk to Anthony right after though so that was cool. Ken Mode was their usual spastic selves, and Xibalba was great. Converge...well, come on. Opened with Reptilian, blazed through their set and finished with Jane Doe. Strangely enough, I see a Pound video above and I shit you not, must've seen no less than about 5-6 Pound shirts last night. Good times. Getting home at 2am and being up at 6:30am to feed and change a baby though...not as good times.

edit: Wait, watching that Pound video...they were at the show last night lol. I walked past them at least 2-3 times while they watched the bands haha.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-25-2019 at 09:11 AM.