Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Why not? Stand up on the balcony if you don't want to be in the pit.
    That's actually a great suggestion, thanks! Didn't realize the venue had a balcony.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    That's actually a great suggestion, thanks! Didn't realize the venue had a balcony.
    They do indeed. You can also just stand further back to avoid the pits. It's a pretty small venue so nowhere in there is far away. There are a few spots you wouldn't want to stand as you'd have support pillars in the way of your view, but if you get there before the show starts, you can pretty easily pick out a spot to stand that works well for you. It's not my favorite venue in Boston, but it's not bad. I've been to quite a few shows there.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Love this new song and the cinematography is insane.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Cave In's first two records still hold up all these years later:

You don't get standout riffing like this in most metalcore. So many memorable guitar parts in this song.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 01-31-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Oathbreaker guitarists Lennart Bossu and Levy Seynaeve and drummer Wim Sreppoc have launched another side project together. This new undertaking has been dubbed Living Gate and finds them joined by YOB bassist Aaron Rieseberg.

“While touring together, various members of Yob, Wiegedood, Oathbreaker and Amenra found themselves bonding over a common love of death metal bands both classic (morbid angel, suffocation, Death) and contemporary (Tomb Mold, Blood Incantation).
    It is in recognition of these shared admirations as well as a mutual respect of each other’s musical chops that LIVING GATE has been founded. Purposefully devoid of over-polished, meticulously edited sounds, Living Gate puts its emphasis upon unrelenting, raw drums which are continuously blanketed by a vomit of menacing riffs and heaving guttural orations.
    Make ready your earholes for the debut EP, ‘DeathLust’ out May 2020.”

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well crap. I had almost figured out the intriguing Code Orange game at https://www.whatisreallyunderneath.com/ which is obviously a promotional effort for their upcoming release Underneath, but they changed the game to a new version and now I am rather flummoxed. My mind is simply not as sharp as it used to be.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Sounds exactly like you'd expect a Lamb of God song to sound at this point. I guess there's something to be said to sticking to what works, but it still leaves me a bit disappointed.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Definitely sounds like LoG, but yeah it's for sure missing something. This track doesn't stand out at all. And the video is Shawn Crahan levels of cringe. Bummer.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    New Giver and Sylosis albums today. Hell yeah.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Does this mean they announced a new drummer and dude is just singing now?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I doubt it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Goddamn that's good. I lol'd a bit at the first time they show Jamie with the mic stand. That dude loves Trent so much. He's even emulating how he holds the mic. I love it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post

Sounds exactly like you'd expect a Lamb of God song to sound at this point. I guess there's something to be said to sticking to what works, but it still leaves me a bit disappointed.
    Unfortunately.

VII: Sturm Und Drang was a fresh breath of air after monotonous album drops which made one of my fave metal bands get stale after Wrath, which was only a serviceable follow up after Sacrament a few years prior. They'll never top Ashes of the Wake, ever. The anti-Bush government, Middle Eastern wars and general vitriol for foreign aggression is a perfect time capsule album that captures the frustration of those years perfectly. The lyrical content and imagery of that album is top notch.

Cool Pigface t-shirt by Randy in the video though.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

Does this mean they announced a new drummer and dude is just singing now?
    I imagine that a separate drummer will be a part of their shows now yeah. At least maybe for the newer material or something. This song is awesome. Way better than the first single. Sikkkk pushpits coming your way all summer at the Slipknot shows.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm sure it's entirely a coincidence, but last night I was super stoned and listening to Soulfly, and realized that all three of the first album covers depict the same image. Max on the rocks with arms outstretched. With primitive, it's the bird in front of the sun, with the hills beneath. With 3, the symbol itself is doing the same thing.

I don't know, it's all bullshit, but I heavily amused myself with this thought last night.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That new Code Orange song rips.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    That new Code Orange song rips.
    Yeah barring any drastic surprise drops from some big heavy hitters or anything like that, I'm already expecting Underneath to be my favorite metal album of 2020.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I'm sure it's entirely a coincidence, but last night I was super stoned and listening to Soulfly, and realized that all three of the first album covers depict the same image. Max on the rocks with arms outstretched. With primitive, it's the bird in front of the sun, with the hills beneath. With 3, the symbol itself is doing the same thing.

I don't know, it's all bullshit, but I heavily amused myself with this thought last night.
    I don't think that's a coincidence, I always figured it was a reference to Christ the Redeemer:

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The last several months I've been getting pretty heavily into the new wave of american death metal coming acts coming up, and am looking for some good recommendations. Some of the bands I'm really into are Blood Incantation, Tomb Mold, Mortiferum, Power Trip, and Gatecreeper. Who are some other bands I need to be listening to, based on those?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    hate5six posted Cave In's set from Tid the Season. Short, but super heavy and awesome set.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The last several months I've been getting pretty heavily into the new wave of american death metal coming acts coming up, and am looking for some good recommendations. Some of the bands I'm really into are Blood Incantation, Tomb Mold, Mortiferum, Power Trip, and Gatecreeper. Who are some other bands I need to be listening to, based on those?
    People seem to like Dying Fetus. Not new per se but in the same camp of being new and fresh (only due to the memes) for material.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-23-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Reflections are streaming their new album ahead of its release tomorrow and...damn.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Reflections are streaming their new album ahead of its release tomorrow and...damn.
    i don't know if it's the artwork paired with the song, but that gave me goosebumps in a fearful way. like i am genuinely feeling scared right now. i haven't heard a song that did that to me in a looooong time. what is happening??? o.O

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

This is reeeeeeeeally good. Never heard of this band before.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Venom Prison.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Eighteen Visions is re-releasing Vanity on vinyl and they re-recorded two of their songs. Wish they hadn't done that last part.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The new Code Orange album is getting some pretty rave reviews. I can't fucking wait for this thing to leak. Album's gonna be incredible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new Code Orange album is getting some pretty rave reviews. I can't fucking wait for this thing to leak. Album's gonna be incredible.
    I'm convinced it will be. Been playing the three songs released so far on repeat the last few days in anticipation. So damn good.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wooooooooo this new Code Orange... Somehow its like five times heavier than FOREVER??

Yeah this album fucking RIPS.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I understand some of the hate Emmure gets, but they've been releasing some terrific tracks lately.