Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    ^ Damn, Good to Feel is fucking nuts!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Frontierer is exactly the type of heavy music that I've always been looking for
    i just wish there was some semblance of melody more often. in most of the songs, it feels like they pick one note for a song and just play that with rhythmic variation. makes it hard for me to get into it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit. Vein just completed their 22 min nonstop set of chaos. This band is incredible. I don't know how Every Time I Die is going to top them. Seriously can't wait to see Vein again tomorrow night!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

saw Daughters last night at the beat kitchen in chicago (saw them there 12 years ago for the first time). my old band, Ganser, opened the show, followed by Jaye Jayle. the whole show was incredible, though (and i can't believe i'm saying this) i wish daughters had been louder. i wanted it to hurt when they played.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 11-18-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This Album is sick!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So yesterday I listened to Daughters - You Won't Get What You Want on a whim after seeing it get recommended somewhere on the Internet.

It absolutely blew my balls off. What an album.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    So yesterday I listened to Daughters - You Won't Get What You Want on a whim after seeing it get recommended somewhere on the Internet.

It absolutely blew my balls off. What an album.

if you check out the rest of their discography, go in reverse chronological order, and have fun when you get back to Canada Songs (i'm curious to hear what you think about it, because i got into them when it was their only album out at the time).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if you check out the rest of their discography, go in reverse chronological order, and have fun when you get back to Canada Songs (i'm curious to hear what you think about it, because i got into them when it was their only album out at the time).
    I'll keep this in mind and report back when I get there - even if that is in six months time!
    I've seen some discussion online that's come out of the buzz around this album them, and apparently their musical trajectory is quite remarkable. I assume it's very different to their latest output?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Architects' Holy Hell is easily the metalcore album of the year. The entire album is off the rail. They took the genre to the next level as far as I'm concerned. Best vocals I've heard in years.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy fuuuuuck I can't wait for this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can someone enlighten me on the correct tracklist for Daughters self-titled album? Spotify, YouTube and Wikipedia all have different tracklists, and different album art.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Holy fuuuuuck I can't wait for this.

Love that tour poster's art!

Can someone enlighten me on the correct tracklist for Daughters self-titled album? Spotify, YouTube and Wikipedia all have different tracklists, and different album art.

https://www.discogs.com/Daughters-Yo...master/1443368

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I was talking about the self-titled album, but it didn't even cross my mind to check discogs. Thanks!
    It shares the same tracklist as the Wikipedia page for the album so I guess I'll go with that one.

Any reason why it's all fucked up over multiple platforms?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was talking about the self-titled album, but it didn't even cross my mind to check discogs. Thanks!
    It shares the same tracklist as the Wikipedia page for the album so I guess I'll go with that one.

Not really a fan of the band so I can't answer you.

Try @eversonpoe

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

the different artwork is because there were multiple paintings done for the album, and they were kind of randomly shuffled for the CD release. there's one in particular that is generally considered the "definitive" cover, which is this one.

the tracklist being out of order on certain releases is news to me, and that seems like a big fuckup on someone's part. the vinyl & CD tracklistings are identical, and i've never listened to it on a streaming platform, so i hadn't heard about it before.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the different artwork is because there were multiple paintings done for the album, and they were kind of randomly shuffled for the CD release. there's one in particular that is generally considered the "definitive" cover, which is this one.

the tracklist being out of order on certain releases is news to me, and that seems like a big fuckup on someone's part. the vinyl & CD tracklistings are identical, and i've never listened to it on a streaming platform, so i hadn't heard about it before.
    Thanks for the clarification, dude. My playlist of the album has been re-ordered accordingly.

EDIT: Oh man. It turns out that not only is the tracklist wrong, the names of the tracks are attributed to the wrong fucking songs. Our Queens is actually The Virgin, for example. What a fucking mess. I have no idea which songs are which, and I think I listened to the album in the completely wrong order...

I dug it though, the intensity of it all was invigorating. Less spooky, way more aggressive. I like how short and concise the whole thing was, too. Like an adrenaline shot.
    Last edited by GavinCollins420; 12-02-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've literally never seen a video of any of these guys talking/doing a video interview, so this was pretty cool to actually hear them talk about things (even for a brief moment or two)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love exploring Deathwish Inc. Probably one of my favorite labels I'd say. Definitely one of them along with Sargent House, Dias, Metal Blade and Nuclear Blast.

Just now getting on the Oathbreaker bandwagon. :B

Rheia is awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Thank for posting. This album is sink. Don’t know how I missed these guys years ago when I started listening to Dillinger and The Locust. Any other gems out there like this band?
    Closest that comes to mind is The Jesus Lizzard. That said, you might also dig Author & Punisher, Uniform, and The Body.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Just now getting on the Oathbreaker bandwagon. :B

Rheia is awesome.
    rheia was my #1 album of 2016. it is such a beautiful and cohesive piece of work that makes me feel very, very deeply.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Oathbreaker are SO good. Can't wait for them to do some shows again.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    talk about shit I did not see coming

http://www.metalinjection.net/metal-...t-and-burglary

http://www.metalinjection.net/metal-...ding-drug-test

They just announced Cannibal Corpse was just announced to be part of the Slayer "farewell" tour to.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    talk about shit I did not see coming

http://www.metalinjection.net/metal-...t-and-burglary

http://www.metalinjection.net/metal-...ding-drug-test

They just announced Cannibal Corpse was just announced to be part of the Slayer "farewell" tour to.
    Not a good look for death metal in 2018. Nor from a pioneering band with the infamous namesake. Not an original mind you but still bad.

I have nothing to say nor sympathy. Hope he gets charged.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Its gotta be drugs. I have met O’Brian a few times and he always seemed like a chill cool dude.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Its gotta be drugs. I have met O’Brian a few times and he always seemed like a chill cool dude.
    His mugshot looks like absolute shit (like mostly everyone's). Definitely disheveled so I wouldn't put it past that as a reason.

It's not funny but the song name dropping and puns in the first article’d comment section are hilarious.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-12-2018 at 06:35 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    he looks like he's on meth in the mugshot, but i find it hard to believe the guitarist for one of the most well known (and highly active) metal bands in the world for over 20 years would be on meth. That being said, meth could also explain the fire & the erratic break-in after the fact.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

that sax though!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)