Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I have never heard of Architects before until "Animals" came up in YouTube playlist I had going on. I listened to the new album, I kinda like one or two other songs - but his voice just gets to me at times. I dig "Animals" for sure.
    Yeah, one complaint about Sam--especially in the studio--is his complete lack of range and it's weird that he sticks to the same spot because live, he hits some really nasty lows and growls.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

members of Gatecreeper. EP is great, and track 2 stood out for me.

whats up earlier Converge.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I never listened to Architects prior to this album drop. I actually, shamelessly, like it. Animals and Impermanence are awesome to me from this. Might venture back into the catalog if this is “bad” like you claim.
    Try these ( @ickyvicky too):

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

one more for good measure. the much better, heavier, re-recorded version.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anyone here considering going to Furnace Fest this year? The lineup is absolutely bonkers and, by then, most of us wishing to be vaccinated should be.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

First song from Max Cavalera's new project with his son Igor Amadeus Cavalera and Khemmis drummer Zach Coleman is out. Preorders at Nuclear Blast.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Anyone here considering going to Furnace Fest this year? The lineup is absolutely bonkers and, by then, most of us wishing to be vaccinated should be.

I wanna go really bad but I feel like it's risky to commit considering how far away I am. It's so tempting bc of the bananas lineup, plus when the fuck else will I ever go to Alabama?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

black metal

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

SeeYouSpaceCowboy and If I Die First will release a new split LP titled A Sure Disaster on May 14.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

This video of Cave In covering Every Time I Die is better than the original.

ETID also covered Cave In and it's also pretty great.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Zao never disappoints.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I don't care what any of you think: I like the new ADTR album. It's definitely much better than Bad Vibrations to me. I know it's got a lot of pop trash but there are a couple solid songs, at least as far as easycore goes. This one's surprisingly heavy:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Amenra album due at the end of June. Should be hearing more info about it soon. Yussssssssssssssssssssss

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ADTR has just never done anything for me and I can't put my finger on why since I like bands that are similar.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    ADTR has just never done anything for me and I can't put my finger on why since I like bands that are similar.
    Is it because Jeremy McKinnon looks like the offspring of Drake and a snowy owl?
    Last edited by klyrish; 04-12-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Is it because Jeremy McKinnon looks like the offspring of Drake and a snowy owl?
    You are...not wrong.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Last edited by klyrish; 04-12-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy actual shit.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Kataan is the new post-metal duo of guitarist/vocalist Nicholas Thornbury (ex-Vattnet Viskar) and drummer/bassist Brett Boland (Astronoid), and their self-titled debut EP arrives May 7 via Prosthetic.
    yeah it's "post-metal" I guess, but it's really heavy & there are vocals.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    yeah it's "post-metal" I guess, but it's really heavy & there are vocals.
    Tons of bands under post-metal umbrella have vocals, unlike post-rock. Neurosis, Isis, Cult of Luna, Rosetta, Solstafir, A Storm of Light etc etc.
    I'd say this band is more of post-black metal subgenre though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New Cannibal Corpse album is out today for those inclined.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    New release from noisecore outfit The Armed, ULTRAPOP, is out today. It's pretty solid and much less aggressive and grating than their past releases while still retaining their unique charm. And none of that was a knock against old or new. I like how aggressive and grating they are.

This is the first digital album they've charged for as well. Their entire discography was "name your price" on Bandcamp previously and they have a lot in their catalog. I checked a couple and it seems all the old stuff is still freely available.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

new Dead Heat. Album out soon from these Cali crossover duders.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    New CAPRA album is out today and my god it's a banger.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'll stop spamming the "What are you listening to?" thread since I'm sure most won't appreciate the music of my current mood:

The fucking breakdown...that guitar riff gives me goosebumps every time, no pun (well, some) intended.

EDIT: and can't forget what I would argue is the best album and live show opener ever, "Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space":

My favorite live experience with ETID was in 2018 when they did 2 nights at the Bluebird Theater in Denver. It's a 550 person venue with multiple levels and my buddies and I got prime spots both nights. Night 2, Keith stopped mid-set and picked something up off the floor...

"And if you know it, just use this fucking stage as your trampoline--is this a...tuft of pubic hair? Is there a lost and found? Uh, I'm just gonna put this aside--if anyone is missing a handful of pubic hair, it's right there. Uh, Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space I WANT TO BE DEAD WITH MY FRIENDS"

I can't seem to get the video from the source of my IG page (I have it set to private so I can't easily share) which is highly disappointing. But here's the marquee from the second story bathroom window:

And then a pic I got with Andy Williams (The Butcher if you're into AEW wrestling) after the show the second night and I made a fool of myself when I drunkenly recognized him at Atomic Cowboy as he was meeting some friends:

He was so nice and definitely did not to be. I fucking love this band.
    Last edited by klyrish; 04-29-2021 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ETID live is such a great time. Even if they have a bad show it's a great show, if that makes sense. When waiting in line to get into a venue once, Andy noticed my friend was wearing and ETID shirt and came over to introduce himself and thank us for coming out.

Absolutely think From Parts Unknown is their best album.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    *clears throat*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    *clears throat*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

are there preorder details yet or do you think may fourth is when the preorder is launching?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I asked Colin via IG messages and he said he unfortunately couldn’t give any details. FWIW they did finish recording a while ago so I’m hoping it’s something more than just a reveal...we all know what it is. I want my Ltd edition lol.

Also, and while I’ve been asked to not leak it, let’s just say the new album will be out sooner than later, if everything goes according to their plan. Very ‘sooner’.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 04-30-2021 at 09:26 PM.