Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1181

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, Trevor Strnad from The Black Dahlia Murder is dead by his own hand.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well that sucks and is a terrible loss for the metal community at large. I was in shock when I read it. Came off as very out of character to me. Seemed to be a huge lover or life and being a wild man in it. Unfortunate endings today.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    KILLER tour:

I'm in for the Brooklyn show.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Two Minutes to Late Night is going to have a very heavy summer. Looks like they're doing a new hardcore cover every week.

Last week was Botch's "To Our Friends in the Great White North" featuring Kurt Ballou, Dimitri Minakakis, Andrew Gormley, and Ben Verellen

This week is Deadguy's "Apparatus" featuring Jacob Bannon, Stephen Brodsky, Author & Punisher, and Billy Rymer.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    both of those covers were dope.

new LoG is WAY better than it has any right to be:

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

These new Spiritbox tracks are so good.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Agreed. Not super heavy, which she has hinted towards going recently, but still heavy enough. Rotoscope sounds like heavy Garbage.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Cult Leader rips.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Was in for Record Store Day and the guy was pumping this album. amazing shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am listening today

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Um....the END part of that split...

Unrelenting shit.

In other news, I saw them, Misery Signals & Comeback Kid last Monday, and then Bloodlet, Zao & Darkest Hour last Thursday. Both shows were rad.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Knocked Loose offshoot sxe project Inclination just had their LDB Fest set posted by Sonny...

And I wish they were playing this, which I'll be exiting a bachelor party in Vegas early to get to...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Possible Botch reunion incoming? That would be amazing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Undeath are fantastic.

this rips. Not new, but new to me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit, new Botch song drops tomorrow! Never thought this would happen since they broke up 20 years ago.

EDIT: Replaced the link with the just released music video.

More info on how the new song came about:

Tacoma, Washington mathcore/metalcore greats Botch have released a new song and video, “One Twenty Two”. Their first song in twenty years, it will be included on the re-issue of their wildly influential second album, We Are the Romans, which was also announced today, available as a 2xLP and CD on November 4th via Sargent House. Watch the Dimitri Luedemann-directed video. There was never any intention for the band to release anything else, but when guitarist David Knudson went to write his debut solo LP, it made sense. He explains:

“During Covid, I was writing my debut solo LP, and mentally, I was sick of everything in quarantine. Lots of frustration had set in at home, and I figured the best way to deal with it was to write something heavy. I had no intention of writing anything for Botch, but when I was thinking of a singer to collaborate with, I thought, “Hey, I know the best hardcore singer ever to do it,” so I hit up Dave V. He was super excited and so it just kind of snowballed from there. There was never any intent or conversation about getting back together or writing. It just happened so naturally and was a great release for all of us to make it happen without any of the traditional pressure an “active” band faces.”
    The song will be included on the new reissue of We Are the Romans which can be preordered here:
    https://www.hellomerch.com/collections/botch
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 08-24-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fantastic. NOW KEEP IT GOING AND ANOTHER ALBUM PLEASE KTHX BYYYE

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    For as influential as they were, I could never get into Botch. I like a lot of the bands that were inspired by them, but their albums just never did anything for me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, Scott Kelly from Neurosis has permanently retired. After reading that long FB post explaining why, I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t crushingly disappointing. Fuckin’ asshole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new album from Machine Head is really good if you ask me. Sounds more like back to the roots CD that is what makes Machine Head known for. The last 2 albums were pretty meh and lacked any identity. Give 'Of Kingdom And Crown' a try, especially 'choke on the ashes of your hate' and 'firestorm' a try.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well, Scott Kelly from Neurosis has permanently retired. After reading that long FB post explaining why, I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t crushingly disappointing. Fuckin’ asshole.
    More on this from the band and Sandford Parker: https://www.brooklynvegan.com/neuros...h-him-in-2019/

Awful shit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    For as influential as they were, I could never get into Botch. I like a lot of the bands that were inspired by them, but their albums just never did anything for me.
    Same. For example: I was listening to a podcast and they mention that the guitarist for Minus the Bear was from Botch so I was like "hey I love MtB I should check this out" and I don't know if there's a harder left turn than that. Like, MtB is poppy and complicated and Botch is...not?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Same. For example: I was listening to a podcast and they mention that the guitarist for Minus the Bear was from Botch so I was like "hey I love MtB I should check this out" and I don't know if there's a harder left turn than that. Like, MtB is poppy and complicated and Botch is...not?
    Yeah MtB is like mathy yacht rock at times and you can tell it's the guitarist going for a more subdued sound after his time in an aggressive band. I think I dig more of the bands that were more of Botch's peers and influenced by them, than actually listening to Botch.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    More on this from the band and Sandford Parker: https://www.brooklynvegan.com/neuros...h-him-in-2019/

Awful shit.
    Fuck you, Scott Kelly. I applaud the rest of the band for their statements.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Now it makes sense as to why Scott wasn't featured on the new Mastodon album.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Unless it's a total swerve, the dude from Botch's thoughtful statement on twitter after the sing got released makes it clear there is nothing else going on with Botch at least for now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Absent in Body's Facebook post about the Scott Kelly situation (he was in the band). While it's cool to see one of the pictures I worked on for Colin used in the post, I'd be lying if I didn't wish it'd be for a different reason.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hi. Some of you may appreciate this. Apologies if already posted.

The full album is available here - https://ilusorecords.bandcamp.com/album/putrid-tendency

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Next show I'm attending has a good lineup. I like all bands but mainly going for Cattle Decapitation and Carcass.