Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I dig the song too. Musically it reminds me of Scarlet/Dillinger/Converge with some Zao screams and nu-metal-ish cleans.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Kinda decent.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Reminder for those into the death metal persuasion. New album drop Novemebr 2nd.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    new bloodbath is awesome, feels shorter but straight to the point, no fat there! if you liked grand morbid funeral and nick holmes this is a great follow up

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    AZUSA released the title track from their upcoming debut album as a single last week.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    @Prettybrokenspiral

Emperor’s In The Nightside Eclipse is finally getting another repress release next week. I can finally get it!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Just a few more days.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

fórn • rites of despair
    amazing funeral doom metal

imperial triumphant • vile luxury
    if naked city went death metal instead of occasionally grindcore

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post

Just a few more days.
    My friend just sent me pics of his...the vinyl looks so tight. Mine is hopefully gonna show up by Friday, but either way I just want the leak...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I know deathcore is shit on but I'll rep Whitechapel. They released a new song last week.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i feel like Whitechapel gets a pass from most people. Solid band that plenty of good songs. Deathcore band with integrity that never got gimmicky. Hence why they're not bigger, sadly.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The Cult Leader vinyl splatter variations look really badass. Sam from Cult Leader's gf has videos of them on her IG story (@sweetestfriend)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Cannot wait to get mine. Also....drip drip. Currently halfway through and this thing is a straight monster.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    The Cult Leader vinyl splatter variations look really badass. Sam from Cult Leader's gf has videos of them on her IG story (@sweetestfriend)
    I had to get the tri-color variant. All that's left besides boring basic black.

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Cannot wait to get mine. Also....drip drip. Currently halfway through and this thing is a straight monster.
    Off to metal tracker I go....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The new Architects album Holy Hell is out today and it's a banger. It is WAY better than I expected it to be after the recycled snoozefest that was All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us. Josh was a great addition to the band.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Architects can do no wrong.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I was disappointed in Architects' last effort so I'm now optimistic about this one.

ETA: Holy Hell is awesome. Obviously sounds like Architects and there's nothing game changing about it, but Josh's influence can definitely be heard.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 11-09-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Old Wounds' new album Glow is pretty fantastic, too. I'm only two songs in so far, but it's catchy, heavy, and extremely energetic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Cripple Bastards new album La Fine Cresce Da Dentro came out today for anyone who's into Grindcore. It's short, sweet, and to the point. 18 tracks and just barely half an hour long and I thought it was a great listen.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

What's up Gojira

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw Daughters last night put on a wild show. New album is up on Spotify. ... Is there a noise centric thread?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    Saw Daughters last night put on a wild show. New album is up on Spotify. ... Is there a noise centric thread?

Thank for posting. This album is sink. Don’t know how I missed these guys years ago when I started listening to Dillinger and The Locust. Any other gems out there like this band?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This new Cult Leader album along with Vein's errorzone, Behemoth's I Loved You At Your Darkest and Harm's Way's Posthuman is one of my favorite metal albums of the year.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not a huge fan of Maniac Era Mayhem but you might like this @Prettybrokenspiral

https://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/m...olored-digital

I'm contemplating getting it actually, along with an actual non picture disc press of Ordo Ad Chao. Chimera is a decent album.

Maybe I will get them.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-10-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I found this guy's site yesterday and he's got a bunch of metal/hardcore bootlegs. I downloaded a number of them (the Every Time I Die ones in particular) and they sound really good.

http://hollowmoonsliveaudiorecordings.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    This new Cult Leader album along with Vein's errorzone, Behemoth's I Loved You At Your Darkest and Harm's Way's Posthuman is one of my favorite metal albums of the year.
    I love Posthuman, Harm's Way is probably my favorite hardcore band at the moment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have been particularly feeling Frontierer's Unloved lately. The density of the record gives it peculiar smooth quality, over speakers it is a kind of paradoxically calming listen for me in the way Deathspell Omega (and other bands) can be. However, listened to with headphones, the claustrophobic elements of the record emerge with a greater primacy.

It's not always easy to absorb every nuance of what the guitars are doing, even as they provide so much of the mood. So the drums and vocals become the foreground for me like they might on a pop record, albeit also not at all like they might on a pop record. With this: the quality of edge between perceptual wall of noise affectation, and something more nuanced is well achieved on the record's most "blasting moments," and the more conventionally songful sections are also quite nice.

This is a listen that feels deep without actually requiring terribly much focus to appreciate, satisfying.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Frontierer is exactly the type of heavy music that I've always been looking for

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

You guys...Candy! Purposefully oft-putting name. Heavy and chaotic as all get out.