Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sanguisugabogg signed to Century Media. New album, Tortured Whole, is out in March. Love these dudes

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Full album out Friday. Album is so fucking good.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Last two albums were some of their best. I really enjoy the current lineup. I hope they make another banger.

I guess this explains why the Hallow’s Eve livestream was delayed.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

TETRARCH finally announced their new album, and the new single hits just as hard as I'm Not Right. Out of all the Nu-Metal revival bands coming out, this band sounds possibly the most authentic. Both of these singles would have been absolutely H U G E in like 2000/2001.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

New Wode album out 2 April. This one has some serious Moonspell vibes. (They have a new one out soon too...)

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Just give me this new Amenra album already, sigh.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

black metal. Kinda Deafheaven-y, but doesn't stray as much from black metal as they do. Track is awesome.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    soooooooo the new Architects is...not good. The sound you got on the singles is the sound of the record. Going for that accessible BMTH sound at times, going for that newer accessible Parkway Drive sound at other times. Winston from PWD guests on a track even (Impermanence), which actually isn't terrible. Not much on there that resembles the typical Architects sound that anyone here enjoys...only this song really:

And here's what is probably the worst song on the record (although Meteor is right there too). The chorus isn't bad, but my god the beats & vocals during the verses...egads!!!

I like the usage of the string sections that pop up here & there. Dead Butterflies is good song regardless of straying from the Architects formula. It grew on me:

I think it may be more that this is not what anyone wants from Architects. This isn't a bad record, it just should be coming out from someone else. Kinda bummed. The reaction seems pretty negative overall, so if we ever have shows again, I honestly hope people stay home in large enough numbers that the boys take the hint. I also worry that without Tom we won't ever get back to the sound & songwriting that made Architects so killer...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    COPS AFRAID TO CROSS THAT THIN BLUE LINE

WILL ALWAYS BE AN ENEMY OF MINE

in your face, resolute, political/black struggle Boston hardcore. EP came out yesterday & it gooooeeeesss.

https://move-bhc.bandcamp.com/album/freedom-dreams

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Architects hasn't put out a truly good album since Lost Forever / Lost Together.