Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I was able to get two tickets to the one-and-only-and-possibly-last-ever Ghost Inside show in LA on 7/13 before it sold out. Plane tickets are booked as well and now my buddy and I need to find an AirBNB rental. I'm so unbelievably excited and can't believe I was able to get tickets. Reading through comments on IG and Reddit, apparently the site crashed and when it finally got back up, tickets were gone.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They'll do more shows. Book it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i put out a new album last saturday!

available on bandcamp as well as all streaming platforms

and for those of you who don't like screaming (which is probably no one in this thread, to be honest), the instrumental version is now live on bandcamp & streaming services, as well

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don't dislike the new Fallujah album as much as I thought I would after the singles were released, but the lack of Alex Hoffman really hurts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    New Whitechapel is a ripper so far.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    New Whitechapel is a ripper so far.

I pre-ordered this along with the live King Diamond vinyl and Blu-ray.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the clean vocals on Whitechapel are great. Tastefully done. There's one song that is some weird nu-metal homage, which I guess they've flirted with before? Overall its a great album though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    saw Thou on friday night. opening acts were a collaboration between Matchess (who i played a show with a few years back and is amazing) & Talsounds, which was fantastic, and Emma Ruth Rundle who played solo with her electric guitar.

Thou started their set with quieter stuff from Inconsolable and ramped up the volume and intensity as their set went on, which was fantastic. i almost cried while they played because it was so emotionally cathartic.

on the negative side, during the first set break, two dudes who turned out to be proud boys started fucking with me & my friend Alex. they started out just seeming drunk and antagonistic, like they were trying to get a rise out of us. arguing about white people "not being that bad" and "we wanna go talk to that cute-ass girl but she'll think we're predators; we're not predators!" they also asked what we thought of some guy whose name i didn't recognize, and if we thought he was a hero or a villain, "you know, the incel king who shot all those women and then killed himself."

at one point, one of them stopped mid-sentence and asked "wait...are you two gay together?" to which we replied, in unison, with zero hesitation "yes." so then he goes "ok...ok...there's nothing wrong with that. i'm not gonna...just don't turn your back on your race." at that point, Alex kinda lost it and started being combative right back, and eventually got them to leave us alone. my heart was beating so god damn fast and hard, and i felt like i was gonna throw up. i'm so glad that Alex was there with me and is pretty good and handling situations like that, because i'm terrified of what would have happened if i was alone.

but also, like...what fucking show did they think they were at? in total, 6 women played and 5 men, and Thou has pretty far-left politics. why would two sexist white supremacists show up?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I feel like you have really bad luck and run into stories like this way more than you should. I wear my Municipal Waste shirt where Trump is blowing his own brains out to plenty of shows and no one ever talks to me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    the clean vocals on Whitechapel are great. Tastefully done. There's one song that is some weird nu-metal homage, which I guess they've flirted with before? Overall its a great album though.
    Brimstone, Hickory Creek (full clean vocals!) and Doom Woods are the best songs.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Brimstone, Hickory Creek (full clean vocals!) and Doom Woods are the best songs.
    Love Forguveness is Weakness too.

Unrelated, Holy Roar is reissuing Møl's first two releases on vinyl. Due out in June. https://deathwishinc.com/collections...16380442345506

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    listening to last year's Revocation- The Outer Ones again to gear up for the Whitechapel/Revocation show I got coming up. Really is a great album as well.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Hot damn, that new Periphery album is awesome.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Hot damn, that new Periphery album is awesome.
    It's definitely front loaded, but it's better than their last one for sure.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's definitely front loaded, but it's better than their last one for sure.
    I didn't pay close attention at first and didn't realize that Reptile is 16 minutes long. It doesn't feel like it at all.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I didn't pay close attention at first and didn't realize that Reptile is 16 minutes long. It doesn't feel like it at all.
    Should have closed out the album. Best song.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Leading off the record like that is immensely ballsy.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Knocked Loose is going to be insane Saturday!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New song and second album! So stoked! No pre-orders yet sadly.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Been in to Numenorean for a while, they’re from where I am...glad MøL posted about them, they deserve the exposure.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    that new Abbath is excellent. And the video is hilarious!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    new Nails. I would not want to meet Todd in a dark alley.

Relentless.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    How does this guy get a fucking pass???

HE TRIED TO HAVE HIS WIFE KILLED.

[sarcasm]But yes, lets all welcome him back with open arms. [/sarcasm]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    How does this guy get a fucking pass???

HE TRIED TO HAVE HIS WIFE KILLED.

[sarcasm]But yes, lets all welcome him back with open arms. [/sarcasm]
    He went to prison. What he did was terrible but, unless you're not for second chances, he should be able to continue to live his life.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    He went to prison. What he did was terrible but, unless you're not for second chances, he should be able to continue to live his life.
    Yeah he should be able to live his life, absolutely. But this dude only served 2 years of jail time out of a 6 year sentence for trying to have his wife killed. He can be a changed man in the best way possible for all care. But it's fucking simple. He tried to have his wife killed. You don't get to come back to a large stage platform after that. You get your public persona card shredded after something like that. I don't give a shit. Trying to have someone, let alone your wife, murdered is not something that can just be written off as "oh I was crazy cause I was so jacked up on steroids." Fuck that, shit. You're donzo, bud. Game the fuck over.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yeah he should be able to live his life, absolutely. But this dude only served 2 years of jail time out of a 6 year sentence for trying to have his wife killed. He can be a changed man in the best way possible for all care. But it's fucking simple. He tried to have his wife killed. You don't get to come back to a large stage platform after that. You get your public persona card shredded after something like that. I don't give a shit. Trying to have someone, let alone your wife, murdered is not something that can just be written off as "oh I was crazy cause I was so jacked up on steroids." Fuck that, shit. You're donzo, bud. Game the fuck over.
    The amount of time he served is more an issue with the penal system. As far as his public persona, the public has continued to support plenty of people after doing shitty things. All in the eye of the consumer I guess.