Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cargo in the blood

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There's only 53 of these beautiful sets left. Grab them while you can!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I wish he would do more artsy stuff like this geared toward his hardcore fanbase who wants everything. It's such a great counterpart to an underrated album in his discography. When he released the physical media with NTAE and Add Violence, I thought it would be a reoccurring thing with his NIN releases, but then nothing accompanied Bad Witch. CITB remains my favorite supplemental material he's put out to date..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I thought there was something like CITB announced or hinted at for TDS, but I guess I imagined that?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I thought there was something like CITB announced or hinted at for TDS, but I guess I imagined that?
    It was mentioned, but it never materialized.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    It was mentioned, but it never materialized.
    Strange since you'd think there would be much more interest in a project that revolves around TDS. But I'd imagine the fact that Cargo in the Blood still isn't sold out seven years later has something to do with it.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I wonder if maybe Russell decided that he hadn't done enough art for TDS to make an entire book. We know there was a ton of surplus material for the CITB book.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    There's only 53 of these beautiful sets left. Grab them while you can!
    nin.com says it’s sold out.

And what’s up with that Blue Sunday thing? Just saw that, and read an article. Sounds like a small gimmick tied into perhaps The Watchmen, but no one was actually able to get it- kind of like some odd store Easter egg?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    nin.com says it’s sold out.

And what’s up with that Blue Sunday thing? Just saw that, and read an article. Sounds like a small gimmick tied into perhaps The Watchmen, but no one was actually able to get it- kind of like some odd store Easter egg?
    The UK store still has some.

Some lucky people who actually bought the Blue Sunday thing before it was region-blocked got some weird Watchmen universe stuff, and got their money back.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The UK store still has some.

Some lucky people who actually bought the Blue Sunday thing before it was region-blocked got some weird Watchmen universe stuff, and got their money back.
    It was always "region blocked." But people quickly discovered a work around where you could add it to your wishlist and then to your cart from there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Why did I say finally?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bumping a year old thread (!) sorry. I had 'buy Cargo In The Blood' on my list of to-dos for a few years now (yea, I know...) and I have resurfaced my investigation. should I be concerned or happy that it's still available? And: should I get one? (but I'm guessing I know the answer to that one...)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I don't think it's been available for a while now, though it was for a very long time.

I definitely recommend it, though. It's beautiful. Sold mine to fund more 2018 shows, but will definitely be looking to replace it in the future.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bthitman View Post
    Bumping a year old thread (!) sorry. I had 'buy Cargo In The Blood' on my list of to-dos for a few years now (yea, I know...) and I have resurfaced my investigation. should I be concerned or happy that it's still available? And: should I get one? (but I'm guessing I know the answer to that one...)
    I’m not surprised it is still available, TBH. I say go for it if you can afford it. Good investment in any case.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's still available from the UK store. It's a really well put together piece. If you like Russell Mills' art, and you have the cash, then it's really a no-brainer.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I wonder if he still intends to make another one that focuses on the artwork surrounding TDS and it's singles. He expressed his intention to do that back in 2013 or 2014, but it seems he may have scrapped those plans since Cargo in the Blood didn't sell as well as he likely hoped.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I wonder if he still intends to make another one that focuses on the artwork surrounding TDS and it's singles. He expressed his intention to do that back in 2013 or 2014, but it seems he may have scrapped those plans since Cargo in the Blood didn't sell as well as he likely hoped.
    I remember that; the MOTP teeth and sand trails, etc. He still ought to do it, but just be a little less over the top about it. Something smaller that a greater number of people can afford.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I remember that; the MOTP teeth and sand trails, etc. He still ought to do it, but just be a little less over the top about it. Something smaller that a greater number of people can afford.
    I own Cargo in the Blood and I have to say, I wish he had omitted the second half of the book that's just the same as the first half, but with the colors inverted. That always seemed unnecessary to me and would have cut down on the cost considerably. My favorite part is the small piece of original artwork, I still need to do something with that (it's still inside the box).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Linky for those interested in it : CARGO IN THE BLOOD – Nine Inch Nails UK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn.. I shouldn't have said anything Those comments after my post just made me have to pull the trigger Thanks all. Can't wait to see it in person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks to this thread, I finally bit the bullet and purchased one! I can't wait for it to arrive.

Also, I just checked how many copies are still remaining in the UK store inventory. Only 3 copies! ... I'm glad I didn't wait too much longer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomification171 View Post
    Thanks to this thread, I finally bit the bullet and purchased one! I can't wait for it to arrive.

Also, I just checked how many copies are still remaining in the UK store inventory. Only 3 copies! ... I'm glad I didn't wait too much longer.
    Wow! How did you see the inventory? Glad I didn't wait either!
    Last edited by bthitman; 07-28-2021 at 02:41 AM. Reason: added quote

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn.. I shouldn't have said anything Those comments after my post just made me have to pull the trigger Thanks all. Can't wait to see it in person.

It arrived yesterday! Sadly, work got in the way of opening it will have a look today!
    Last edited by bthitman; 07-28-2021 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Added quote

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I agree. I recently bought the Anton Corbijn Depeche Mode book after I had a discount code to use. Was blown away by the quality of the book and the pictures inside. Made me realize I should check out CIB and glad I did with only a few remaining. Hesitation Mark's artwork is probably my favorite work of all the NIN albums.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ... How did you see the inventory?...
    In Chrome go to whatever main section you're interested in, Ctrl+U then look for inventory_quantity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow! How did you see the inventory?
    Show the web page's source code, it'll show you attributes of items for sale, including how many copies are left. I also wrote a short script that notified me whenever the stock dropped below 10, which is how I was able to buy one of the last remaining copies.

Glad I didn't wait either!
    As of now, they are sold out! My copy is still in transit so I can't wait to open it once it arrives

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like it’s back available on the NIN store. They’re charging shipping now though.

https://store.nin.com/products/cargo...2ca0dca5&_ss=r

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Looks like it’s back available on the NIN store. They’re charging shipping now though.

https://store.nin.com/products/cargo...2ca0dca5&_ss=r
    Looks like they only have 10 of them left. If you always wanted this but was sitting on it now might be your last chance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yup. I jumped on it. Stayed away at first cuz of the price. But then as pics started popping up, regretted my decision to pass. Nabbed it this time. Treat Yo Self!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I ordered one from nin.com years ago and it arrived numbered as 0000/2000, so just know that some of the copies they are selling are not part of the proper numbering (I don't really mind, I figure that, in some way, this makes mine extra exclusive...at least that's what I tell myself)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    I ordered one from nin.com years ago and it arrived numbered as 0000/2000, so just know that some of the copies they are selling are not part of the proper numbering (I don't really mind, I figure that, in some way, this makes mine extra exclusive...at least that's what I tell myself)
    I'm guessing they're the copies they held back for damages and lost mail. They did the same thing with Ghosts, where the replacements they sent out were 0000/2500.