Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cargo in the blood

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KreTafkA View Post
    I have no idea that it will be so big !!
    That's what she said!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KreTafkA View Post
    MY PECIOUS

1645/2000

I have no idea that it will be so big !!
    Could you please post a picture of the front side of your art too?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've been telling myself from the start that I wasn't going to buy this, but I caved. Just bit the bullet and ordered it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    And you won't end up with a weird 0000 serial like with ghosts...you'll get a real number.
    I, uh … hmmm.

(Apparently I'm not dead.)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Oh mcsnap!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    So... My wife bought it for me... for next fuckin' Christmas!!!!!!
    The wait begins... in seven months I will let you know what number I got, how cool my unique art and frame are, and if my pages are sticking together or not...

On the other hand, my wife is amazing!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    They tell me I must have got a promo copy, so they want me to ship the whole thing back in exchange for a numbered one.

They're paying the shipping, but it seems awfully wasteful to me.

The book and the art were in pristine condition — nothing to suggest anyone else was pawing through it before I did — and the art is numbered (#616 if I remember right). The only other numbered item is the card, right?

So all they'd have to do is open a "real" copy, put the 0000 card into it, and stuff it wherever promo copies live. Then send me the numbered card.

If they don't wanna, then oh well. I rescued the boxes from the recycling, but I'll have to improvise a replacement for the styrofoam corner protectors which I trashed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    They tell me I must have got a promo copy, so they want me to ship the whole thing back in exchange for a numbered one.

They're paying the shipping, but it seems awfully wasteful to me.

The book and the art were in pristine condition — nothing to suggest anyone else was pawing through it before I did — and the art is numbered (#616 if I remember right). The only other numbered item is the card, right?

So all they'd have to do is open a "real" copy, put the 0000 card into it, and stuff it wherever promo copies live. Then send me the numbered card.

If they don't wanna, then oh well. I rescued the boxes from the recycling, but I'll have to improvise a replacement for the styrofoam corner protectors which I trashed.
    Personally..I'd probably keep the promo copy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Personally..I'd probably keep the promo copy.
    It's tempting … I'd guess there are fewer promo copies than numbered ones, right?

It was always a kick to find a promo CD at the record store, even if it was just the same tracks. (Do promo CDs still exist?)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    It's tempting … I'd guess there are fewer promo copies than numbered ones, right?

It was always a kick to find a promo CD at the record store, even if it was just the same tracks. (Do promo CDs still exist?)
    Dude, keep the promo copy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I have a few Big Black Delta promo CDs, including the new album.

Keep the promo! Better than getting a generic number release that everyone else has... The only numbered ones that are cool are the first and the last, then the promo/weird ones.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I have a few Big Black Delta promo CDs, including the new album.

Keep the promo! Better than getting a generic number release that everyone else has... The only numbered ones that are cool are the first and the last, then the promo/weird ones.
    They say they can't exchange the card. Oh well. Unless I have a change of heart overnight, I expect I'll be keeping it. If it was just the book I might be more inclined to exchange it, but good God that frame weighs a ton.

(Other numbers than 1 and 2000 could be cool. Maybe get the year you were born, or the year or Halo number of your favorite NIN album … even 0000/2000 is a very NIN kind of number. )

I see that some frames show signs of weathering but others not at all (mine doesn't either). Is COR-TEN steel supposed to be rusty right away, or does it happen over time?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I agree that the 0000/2000 promo copy numbering is cool as fuck.

I'd also be interested in 0420/2000, 0666/2000, and 0999/2000 myself.

;)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    the 0000/2000 copies are not promos, but rather replacements for damaged copies. I thought we established this with the release of Ghosts?

Anyway, I finally added this to my ever shrinking NIN collection.

#1850 out of 2000

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Also, I'm not sure if its been discussed in this thread before but there is a someone/a group of people on facebook who are trying to document as many of the pieces of art as possible:

Cargo In The Blood Trail
    https://www.facebook.com/2000NIN/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    the 0000/2000 copies are not promos, but rather replacements for damaged copies. I thought we established this with the release of Ghosts?
    That's not (necessarily) true with this release. I had a damaged one and got a new number with the replacement. Pretty sure I've read other people having the same experience.

The main reason why I don't think it holds true here is because they want him to send it back. Why would they do that if they purposely issued the 0000 plate?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    That's not (necessarily) true with this release. I had a damaged one and got a new number with the replacement. Pretty sure I've read other people having the same experience.

The main reason why I don't think it holds true here is because they want him to send it back. Why would they do that if they purposely issued the 0000 plate?
    Maybe because they have #'d copies left and they want to go through those first? I'm not really sure.....at least he got a copy, thats the important part

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    So... My wife bought it for me... for next fuckin' Christmas!!!!!!
    The wait begins... in seven months I will let you know what number I got, how cool my unique art and frame are, and if my pages are sticking together or not...

On the other hand, my wife is amazing!
    Yes, it was nicely wrapped under the Christmas tree! So excited! Haven't had a chance to really check out the art or the numbering, but my first impressions are that it's a stunning release and the production value is definitely there! I'll report back on my art details...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    OMG this book is stunning!!! My pages are not sticking at all, everything is beautiful. I LOVE the Reverse is Also True part, beautiful work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sooooo....I got one of those 0000 numbered versions in the mail too. Arrived last week. So the question is...do I keep it or send it away....

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    These Cargo in the Blood books look amazing! I know I was emailing Mr. Mills a while back about coming on the Underneath It All Podcast and he told me he would love to come on to talk about a new NIN project he was currently working on. Of course this hadn't been announced yet so I started losing my shit. Once I realized it was the art book I was a tad disappointed, but after seeing how this turned out I'm in awe.
    Enough of the bullshit though, just wanted to share that little anecdote. Great pics guys!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I finally hung up the original Russell Mills artwork that came with my Cargo In The Blood set. Looks great on the wall right at the top of my stairs!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I finally hung up the original Russell Mills artwork that came with my Cargo In The Blood set. Looks great on the wall right at the top of my stairs!

That looks like a scab I really want to pick.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    That looks like a scab I really want to pick.
    like it's a doorway trying to seat itself shut?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    And I’ll climb through!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @otnavuskire did you have that custom framed, or did you buy an off-the-shelf frame? If the latter, may I ask where you got it from?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    @otnavuskire did you have that custom framed, or did you buy an off-the-shelf frame? If the latter, may I ask where you got it from?
    I custom ordered the frame from https://www.americanframe.com/.

You enter the exact dimensions of the piece (mine was 10 1/4 x 12 7/8) and then chose the frame style you want (this one is Natural Steel Metal Picture Frame S164). You can customize the glass type you want (I went without glass on this as I don't think it would look very good behind glass between the original metal frame and the canvas) and the backing board (I went acid free, as it comes in direct contact with the canvas). All together it came to about $28 including shipping. You'll want to add some picture wire as well, as they don't include it and don't make that super clear. I found that out the hard way and had to buy some at a hardware store. It also comes unassembled, but is pretty easy to put together.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Somehow I entirely missed that it comes with a piece of art in addition to the book. I'm reading the description right now and feeling dumb as hell for missing that.

My biggest holdup in forking over the money was that with young kids in the house I had no way to safely keep the book out in the open. My youngest has pica as a result of her disabilities and will straight up eat a 300 dollar book, she gives no fucks lol. Didn't want to buy something that beautiful at that price only to keep it in a closet.

But I could definitely put the painting on the wall and feel a little better about the book sitting in my closet. I maaaaay have to squirrel away some extra spending money and get it now. It looks SO cool in the frame up above!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I custom ordered the frame from https://www.americanframe.com/.

You enter the exact dimensions of the piece (mine was 10 1/4 x 12 7/8) and then chose the frame style you want (this one is Natural Steel Metal Picture Frame S164). You can customize the glass type you want (I went without glass on this as I don't think it would look very good behind glass between the original metal frame and the canvas) and the backing board (I went acid free, as it comes in direct contact with the canvas). All together it came to about $28 including shipping. You'll want to add some picture wire as well, as they don't include it and don't make that super clear. I found that out the hard way and had to buy some at a hardware store. It also comes unassembled, but is pretty easy to put together.

Thanks for all of the helpful info. I want to someday do that, but I have several pieces waiting to be framed...