Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: (Real) Lights In The Sky

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

(Real) Lights In The Sky

I don't know if i believe in space aliens are visiting earth or not. To me, it seems like they wouldn't come all this way unless they were, say, out of water. And in that case, i doubt that they would be friendly.
    That being said, i do believe that there is other life in the universe. Some of the greatest minds in the world (Michio Kaku, NOT the dude from ancient aliens) say that the chance of intelligent extraterrestrial life existing is 100%.

This field of study is damn near a waste of time because you never know when what you're watching/reading is disinformation from the government, which they have ADMITTEDLY done EXTENSIVELY in the US, ostensibly to confuse folk who have seen top secret weapon technologies, driving one of them to commit suicide (see Mirage Men.)

BUT-you can't "disbelieve" the existence of unidentified flying objects. They don't have to be aliens. Many so called sightings are easily debunked, or their authenticity is up in the air.

In the past few years however, there have been strange things in the sky captured from multiple angles and seen by hundreds or even thousands of people.

So. Here's my question. What the FUCK is this?

Is it a spaceship? A rip in the fabric of space and time? Are we talking Project Bluebeam?

There are more crazy, baffling shits like this on youtube. More and more they are making it onto the evening news.

Have the lights in the sky finally arrived? What the fuck does it all mean?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    lol at those lights

"hai guys I'm gonna float here for a bit then vanish for no apparent reason"

go home lights in the sky, you're drunk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i think it's ball lightning. a perfectly explicable weather phenom. or st elmo's fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Elmo's_fire
    Last edited by ldopa; 12-07-2015 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    i think it's ball lightning. a perfectly explicable weather phenom. or st elmo's fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Elmo's_fire
    and then what the fuck is THIS shit?

i think they are probably military tests...or wormholes of some kind.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    and then what the fuck is THIS shit?

i think they are probably military tests...or wormholes of some kind.

it kind of looks like that time I first tried messing around with the fx in Photoshop

i mean... We ARE also "living in the time" of trolls and kids with cracked versions of software
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-10-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    it kind of looks like that time I first tried messing around with the fx in Photoshop

i mean... We ARE also "living in the time" of trolls and kids with cracked versions of software
    true
    but it was caught from so many different angles and seen by so many people.
    @halloween found that the norway spiral was a failed russian missile test though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That first picture made me think of photoshop too, but after reading about the failed mission test and looking at the other pictures, you can see how it's smoke.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Back in biblical times we thought stars, the northern lights and other astrological phenomenon were gods and angels. As science grew and the scope of the unknown has shrunk we now think they're aliens for some reason.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Back in biblical times we thought stars, the northern lights and other astrological phenomenon were gods and angels. As science grew and the scope of the unknown has shrunk we now think they're aliens for some reason.
    But what in the fuck are they @tony.parente ?

There are several more like this. These are the kind that interest me. They are witnessed by hundreds of people, they are captured from multiple angles, they come on the mainstream news, and they baffle science.

Personally, i don't think they have anything to do with aliens, and as a matter of fact, they might fit very neatly into the realm of science.
    I think there's a damn good chance that they are interdimensional "bleedthrough." Multiverse theory is becoming more and more widely accepted. Why wouldn't things "slip through" from time to time?
    For what it's worth, i think that my theory on this covers "ghosts" too. I've SEEN the motherfuckers. I've seen them WITH my wife, WITH my brother, etc.
    But the idea of them being disembodied human spirits doesn't sound right to me.

ANYWAY, here's another one that fits my parameters.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    All I'm saying is that @Hazekiah gets a lot of shit because of post formatting and his love for less-than-critically-acclaimed movies...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    All I'm saying is that @Hazekiah gets a lot of shit because of post formatting and his love for less-than-critically-acclaimed movies...
    also...what?
    i'm confused. Is @Hazekiah a Space Alien?

Edit: Hey, Everbody, check THIS shit out. It's several of them. "mass sightings." Multiple witnesses, multiple camera angles, made the news-NOT the kind that one cat can fake with a computer program.

Here's another possible explanation-advanced weapon technology. The US government has OPENLY talked about a psyop where they would project an image of Allah over Iraq.
    If these sightings, especially the really spectacular ones, are examples of that sort of thing (some believe it to be called Project Bluebeam,) imagine the fucking POWER it grants those who would use it to manipulate people.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-07-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    also...what?
    i'm confused. Is @Hazekiah a Space Alien?
    Some people act like he is, yes.

What I meant was that Haz takes a ton of shit and has to defend (well he doesn't have to but, God love him, he does) in certain threads while threads like the this and the conspiracy thread run unchecked and without scrutiny. Just seems strange to me. To each their own though.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Some people act like he is, yes.

What I meant was that Haz takes a ton of shit and has to defend (well he doesn't have to but, God love him, he does) in certain threads while threads like the this and the conspiracy thread run unchecked and without scrutiny. Just seems strange to me. To each their own though.
    Oh no dude. I take a LOT of shit for my conspiracy "theories."
    Look at the thread for fuck's sake.
    And this thread, well dude, what can i say? This shit IS HAPPENING. There's no debate over whether or not it's happening. Things are appearing in the sky, hundreds of people are seeing them and filming them from multiple angles, scientists are baffled. Those are HARD FACTS, not theories.
    So what's wrong with a thread about it? Are you saying that the moderator should, what, deny that it was on the news or something?

As for me, i don't give people shit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-07-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Oh no dude. I take a LOT of shit for my conspiracy "theories."
    Look at the thread for fuck's sake.
    And this thread, well dude, what can i say? This shit IS HAPPENING. There's no debate over whether or not it's happening. Things are appearing in the sky, hundreds of people are seeing them and filming them from multiple angles, scientists are baffled. Those are HARD FACTS, not theories.
    So what's wrong with a thread about it? Are you saying that the moderator should, what, deny that it was on the news or something?

As for me, i don't give people shit.
    Not saying you do specifically. As for the videos posted above, the "Area 51" guy was an admitted hoax (and sampled by The Faceless). I'm not not seeing these things in the videos, but c'mon. Things falling from the sky? Could easily be space junk or meteors (meteoroid?) entering the atmosphere. Floating orbs? A lit drone. Those things flying upward with huge tails? Government experimentation (weapons, rockets, etc.). Just because it's weird doesn't make it alien. Not saying there isn't alien life, but if it were that readily apparent I think we'd see some trustworthy people come forward with some info instead of a bunch of clips (from Fox News...really?) uploaded to Info Wars or whatever.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    My skeptical nature makes it hard for me to take UFO stuff too seriously, but it is really interesting to read about some of the theories and the strange happenings and coincidences surrounding them.
    Check out all the stuff connected to WWII and the nazis. The Vril women, operation highjump, etc... some of it gets a little spooky.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Drugs are amazing and can make all kinds of wacky ass shit sound reasonable.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Drugs are amazing and can make all kinds of wacky ass shit sound reasonable.
    True dat, me and my friend saw beautiful pink lights coming out of the sky one night but we had eaten some purple microdot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    northern lights, (as i mentioned) st elm's and ball lightning, sky sprites, weapon testing, space satellites, missile debris, bat signal...
    sky shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS!

i watch the night sky as often as possible. i've seen some shit. but there is always an explanation. even though it's wonderful, fun, and exciting for there not to be one.

from a technical standpoint, roswell was merely testing drones (per se)

TRIPLE EDIT: LMAO ART BELL!!! MY TWEEKER MOM LOVED HIM!!!!

QUAD EDIT: THE SECRET TRACK ON LATERALUS!!!!!!!!!

i'm so sorry, aliens and such are not very serious subjects to me.
    Last edited by ldopa; 12-07-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Norway Spiral from 2009 "At least this failed test made some nice fireworks for the Norwegians." It was apparently Russian military missile tests: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_N...spiral_anomaly

In case there are too many words there for people to digest in the wiki article, here's a bit of explanation " Prior to the Russian statement, Jonathan McDowell, an astrophysicist at the Harvard–Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, had already suggested that the unusual light display occurred when the missile's third stage nozzle was damaged, causing the exhaust to come out sideways and sending the missile into a spin."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    Norway Spiral from 2009 "At least this failed test made some nice fireworks for the Norwegians." It was apparently Russian military missile tests: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_N...spiral_anomaly

In case there are too many words there for people to digest in the wiki article, here's a bit of explanation " Prior to the Russian statement, Jonathan McDowell, an astrophysicist at the Harvard–Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, had already suggested that the unusual light display occurred when the missile's third stage nozzle was damaged, causing the exhaust to come out sideways and sending the missile into a spin."
    That's just, like, what they want you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Timinator
    interdimensional gloryholes
    There's my new black metal band name.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This conversation (at least the part by @elevenism ) is proof against Intelligent Design.

Humans are pattern-matchers. We have big brains, and we're hard-wired to figure things out. We try to make sense of data we gather, and make it fit so that we can understand things. When it comes to creating fire, or avoiding being trampled by a mammoth, or designing a silicon integrated circuit, this is a very good skill to have. It's made us very successful.

But it also means that we have a tendency to force-fit explanations, or try for explanations even when we have insufficient facts to do so. So, like, if there are lights in the sky and no current explanation seems to fit, then we say it's God or aliens or interdimensional gloryholes.

Occam's Razor says that it's much more likely to be explained by something we know currently but we're just missing some facts, or we got some facts wrong. A proper scientific position is to just say we don't know what the fuck it is and suspend judgment until we know more. It's OK not to know things yet.

EDIT: For example: Fireballs in skies were Atlas V rocket breaking up on reentry.
    Last edited by Timinator; 12-08-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Added recent news example

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
    This conversation (at least the part by @elevenism ) is proof against Intelligent Design.

Humans are pattern-matchers. We have big brains, and we're hard-wired to figure things out. We try to make sense of data we gather, and make it fit so that we can understand things. When it comes to creating fire, or avoiding being trampled by a mammoth, or designing a silicon integrated circuit, this is a very good skill to have. It's made us very successful.

But it also means that we have a tendency to force-fit explanations, or try for explanations even when we have insufficient facts to do so. So, like, if there are lights in the sky and no current explanation seems to fit, then we say it's God or aliens or interdimensional gloryholes.

Occam's Razor says that it's much more likely to be explained by something we know currently but we're just missing some facts, or we got some facts wrong. A proper scientific position is to just say we don't know what the fuck it is and suspend judgment until we know more. It's OK not to know things yet.

EDIT: For example: Fireballs in skies were Atlas V rocket breaking up on reentry.
    Well said.

my whole life, i've been interested in high strangeness and mysteries.

And now we are living in a time where these "lights in the sky" can be captured and scrutinized from multiple angles. and the ones that can be debunked are debunked. what is left are the things that are truly odd or heretofore unknown.

and i think that's pretty bad ass. i, for one, am not, however, trying to force fit an explanation (although i do have my theories, gvmt testing of holographic projection operations being the top one.)

Ultimately, though, the beauty for me is in the NOT knowing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    i, for one, am not, however, trying to force fit an explanation (although i do have my theories, gvmt testing of holographic projection operations being the top one.)
    Yesssss...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Yesssss...
    they've been talking about doing it for a LONG time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...rkin020199.htm

This is from 1999, when the US was toying with the idea of projecting an image of Allah over Iraq.
    I have a feeling that we have worked on this technology, and that some of these "mass sightings" might be tests of such technology, which could be wielded as a powerful psychological weapon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

This is from 1999, when the US was toying with the idea of projecting an image of Allah over Iraq.
    This could have backfired as images of God are absolutely forbidden in Islam
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniconism_in_Islam

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Yesssss...
    just so we're clear, this is you demonstrating me putting my foot in my mouth and proving your point, right?

BTW @Timinator . You study or studied physics, right?

Why AREN'T there interdimensional glory holes?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    just so we're clear, this is you demonstrating me putting my foot in my mouth and proving your point, right?

BTW @Timinator . You study or studied physics, right?

Why AREN'T there interdimensional glory holes?
    Yes, I thought your thoughts seemed at odds with each other.

Yes, I studied physics.

"Why are there no interdimensional glory holes," is a bad question. That's not how you do science. We don't know if there are other dimensions, and if there are we don't know if there are (or are not) connections between them. You're supposing lots of things in your question and are putting the cart well ahead of the horse.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

so this weird ass thing filmed near an Ohio military base has been making the rounds on the internet and the news. It's another case with multiple sightings.
    i wonder what in the fuck it is? Things like this always fire my imagination regarding what stunning new technology our
    military could be working on.

Regarding all the ridicule i received upon starting this thread, i guess it's to be expected. We have been conditioned for years to disregard strange things in the sky and laugh at the people who see them, because the military goes to great lengths to keep its secret projects secret (see Mirage Men on netflix for a great explanation of this-government agents telling people that what they saw WAS an alien craft, and in one case, quite literally driving a person crazy with disinformation, all because he saw a secret jet he wasn't supposed to see.)

My point in creating this thread wasn't ZOMG ALIENS ARE INVADING THE EARTH BRAH!

The fact is that strange things appear in the sky, regularly, and are often observed by multiple witnesses.
    And seeing as how most people carry pretty damn good recording devices in their pockets,
    more and more of these strange things are being filmed.

And i, for one, find these things very interesting-especially
    the ones that can't be easily explained away and are seen/filmed by multiple sources.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

The fact is that strange things appear in the sky, regularly, and are often observed by multiple witnesses.
    And seeing as how most people carry pretty damn good recording devices in their pockets,
    more and more of these strange things are being filmed.
    And seeing as how Hollywood grade editing software is available to anyone with a computer (and that's everyone), more and more of these things are being very convincingly faked. Multiple witnesses / angles? Eh, so the editor got some people to play along.

I'm not saying this to say that I absolutely 100% disbelieve everything I see. The video above, for example, has very much piqued my curiosity and if it is in fact genuine I would love to know what the hell it is we're seeing - even if it turns out to be something "boring". I'm simply saying this to remind people to take what you see on the internet with a grain of salt.