Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: (Real) Lights In The Sky

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    The idea that we are alone in the universe is fucking laughable to me.
    Enjoy the fun, but it's still possible.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Enjoy the fun, but it's still possible.
    Yeah, and it's possible that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters will compose the complete works of Shakespeare. I think the idea that it WOULD happen is laughable.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Yeah, and it's possible that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters will compose the complete works of Shakespeare. I think the idea that it WOULD happen is laughable.
    Everything is possible, few things are probable. If we trap ourselves in the probable then our possibilities are very limited.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegro; 12-11-2018 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    What the fuck.

oh jesus. yeah, that's slightly frightening.

Why in the hell was it given such a bizarre, creepy sounding name? It sounds like the name of some type of cold, uncaring Sumerian god or some shit. I understand the Hawaii thing, but still.

Jesus. is this thing a machine?
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-15-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    From comments: "My vote? Time-traveling tourists. Sightings are increasing because we’re getting closer to WWIII, a popular destination in time for history buffs." Wow, that's... interesting idea.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    From comments: "My vote? Time-traveling tourists. Sightings are increasing because we’re getting closer to WWIII, a popular destination in time for history buffs." Wow, that's... interesting idea.
    this is obviously the likeliest explanation

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    @elevenism Have you checked this out?

From 6:30 it starts getting into it. He doesn’t sound dishonest either.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

furthermore, the fucking MILITARY itself has come out and said that UFOs are legit. Strange times, man.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

furthermore, the fucking MILITARY itself has come out and said that UFOs are legit. Strange times, man.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    For the second night in a row we've had this twinkling light far in the sky outside the front of our house. I first thought star or planet when I saw it last night but it started very subtly moving and changing colors. I took some video tonight. Apologies for filming vertically >.<. For my own sense of sanity, can anyone tell me what this is?

I'm shocked my phone was able to pick it up. You can't tell in the video but it is a very clear starry night. This is the only light it could pick-up in the sky.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I've had four straight nights of sightings. Last night I witnessed something rather massive. Below is a video I shot of the lights in the sky outside our house again:

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    So I've had four straight nights of sightings. Last night I witnessed something rather massive. Below is a video I shot of the lights in the sky outside our house again:

Your videos look like satellites. The flashing occurs when light reflects off the object during its rotational axis.

This website, Heavens-Above, is a great resource for finding objects in the sky. See if there's a satellite on the list which matches your location. There is a satellite which orbits around here that looks red/orange.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Your videos look like satellites. The flashing occurs when light reflects off the object during its rotational axis.

This website, Heavens-Above, is a great resource for finding objects in the sky. See if there's a satellite on the list which matches your location. There is a satellite which orbits around here that looks red/orange.
    Thank you for this. I’m gonna check this out further since sattelites would be the only plausible explanation that I could think of, because they’re definitely not planes. I finally found the pieces to our telescope and got a look at a few of these things. All I can say is in the scope they appear to be moving/vibrating/rotating or something and there’s a very bright white glow. Almost like looking at an LED flashlight. The shape to me has looked curved, almost like a boomerang. What makes me skeptical about a sattelite is these lights are in different spots each night and they usually stay in those spots or thereabouts for hours on end. I really know nothing about sattelites. I had thought they are constantly orbiting so I would figure we’d see it moving across the sky or something.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pent...ry?id=70364183

Oh hey, UFO videos from the Pentagon

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Here's the FOIA page the Naval Air Systems Command set up for the documents and video. Took awhile to load from my end:

https://www.navair.navy.mil/foia/documents

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

What I wanna know is WHY.

WHY is the Pentagon doing this declassification NOW?

Before, they've always seemed to want to cover it up, ala Bluebook and Grudge.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    What I wanna know is WHY.

WHY is the Pentagon doing this declassification NOW?

Before, they've always seemed to want to cover it up, ala Bluebook and Grudge.
    In an attempt to distract from the colossal mishandling of the pandemic. Didn't work.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    In an attempt to distract from the colossal mishandling of the pandemic. Didn't work.
    I don't know...I feel like anyone with a shred of IQ (which I feel like most people at the Pentagon at least have still) would know this wouldn't work. My money is on "we really just don't feel like talking about this at all, but there's no legal justification for ignoring the requests for the intel. So if we put it out there now, no one's gonna give a shit and ask us dumb questions about it."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don't know...I feel like anyone with a shred of IQ (which I feel like most people at the Pentagon at least have still) would know this wouldn't work. My money is on "we really just don't feel like talking about this at all, but there's no legal justification for ignoring the requests for the intel. So if we put it out there now, no one's gonna give a shit and ask us dumb questions about it."
    Both may be true, honestly.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Both may be true, honestly.
    i started this thread, and i fought hard for its existence.

people thought i was some sort of lunatic. @Archive_Reports , much love, you've become one of my favorite posters here, but you subtly suggested i should be banned, if Haz (who i love, and with whom i've kept up on facebook) was banned.

my point, was that strange lights appear in the sky. period.

furthermore, my idea, as stated in the first fucking post, was that other life existed in the universe, but, that i doubted it would come HERE. It's just too fucking FAR.

With these videos, my mind is STARTING to change. I'm damn sure not all the way there. i'm not sure these vids are as "real" as the gvmt would have us believe. i just don't know.

i don't know what to think.

But, these videos...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @elevenism It was more in defense of some of Haz's posts than anything else, but point taken.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Buzzkill :P

I understand the part of her explanation that she wouldn't be qualified to debunk what is displayed in the video because she's not an expert in military image capture, electrical engineering, etc. But that seems to wholly gloss over the fact that the pilots witnessed this with their own eyes - the capture is just secondary evidence. So I think you have to ignore that point because we already know that what was observed on camera was observed in person by the pilots.

I think - understandably - that her take on this is a much more pragmatic one, and grounded in the fact that she knows WAY more about space than we do. So I admit it would seem kind of foolish for me to write off her opinion entirely. But I feel like I find it a little less unlikely than she does. Maybe, as she said, the jump from "WTF is that" to "aliens!" is based entirely on scifi, and I just enjoy that explanation more than whatever "trick of the light" explanation might really exist.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    i just enjoy that explanation more
    ding ding ding

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ding ding ding
    But I wonder if she makes the same argument for faith. I know a number of amazing scientists in various fields who are also devoutly religious. But I would have a hard time accepting anyone's justification of "well our minds only go to aliens because we want it to go there and it's almost assuredly not aliens", but who then also say "oh yeah, God and miracles are totally real". Sorry, veering a bit.