Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Tomb Raider Thread

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm constantly berated and shat on just about everywhere but here about owning a One over a PS4. I, personally, never EVER see any type of bashing whatsoever of PS practices anywhere, yet the One is constantly being verbally destroyed on articles, facebook...you know, pretty much the entire internet.
    You're just not seeing it. When the PS3 came out it was bashed everywhere. Too expensive, "has no games," etc. I have a Vita and I think it's great, but whenever I see people talking about it online they're making fun of how much it sucks. When Sony fucked up and had to take the PSN network down because hackers broke their security, everyone was bashing them. Six Axis and Move are laughed at. There's some kind of widely accepted consensus that their online network blows (not sure why). Their new online rental system is ridiculously overpriced, and it's getting deservedly bashed all over the place. The word "Lair" is a bigger joke than Ryse. Pretty much everyone thought it was lame when they got exclusive rights to the Joker levels in Batman Asylum. Playstation Home is fucking lame, nobody likes it, and everyone's done laughing at how stupid it is.

Sony has been copying Microsoft by paying for exclusive content in multi platform games and timed exclusive access... and they're getting attacked for it justifiably. If Microsoft is getting yelled at for it harder, it's because they do it MORE and they pretty much invented the practice.

So when I see this happen, I just have to laugh. You can't pit the fanboy shit on me. I owned a PSX, PS2 and I own a PS3. I'm not a hater to the companies or practices as much as it is the communities. My words might spill to PR and company bullshit but it is after all business and money wins. Neither company cares for me and I know that.
    I'm not calling you a fanboy. I am saying that you don't see the other side of what you're complaining about. I said it earlier, but for people in the Microsoft camp to complain about Sony securing exclusive content or advance access is like people in Los Angeles complaining about cold weather.

This is all speculation but we don't know what transpired between Microsoft and Crystal Dynamics. MS might've/might even help funding for it. For all we know it could've been another Bayonetta 2 fiasco.
    No... that is highly unlikely. Bayonetta 2 was sold to Nintendo in an auction while the company folded. Tomb Raider is one of S/E's most popular properties, and they're not going bankrupt. MS bought early access because it's a huge seller on Playstation, especially in Europe.

Your argument, although strong, is moot on Dead Rising 3 as Microsoft funded Capcom as well as published the game.
    Didn't know about that. If the platform holder funds the production, that's a thing that I think is pretty much acceptable and nothing to complain about, like with Sony pushing Bloodbourne (which is, on a side note, the game that's going to make me buy a new system).

No different than this new Silent Hills game revealed yesterday IF the product details of what I've read are true. It'll be a third party developer but published by SCEA, same shit different pond.
    Fight fire with fire I guess... still, I'd rather see a game like that go multi platform. It's not Sony's, even if they fund it. That's an established game series... even if they're funding the project, it's not like they're investing in a new IP or a project that they believe in. Kind of makes me rethink the way I feel about Dead Rising actually.

I'm done arguing this. If I go on everytime either company does something to fuck the other over, I'll be arguing the entire 8th generation.
    It's not a big deal since the exclusivity is temporary. It won't personally affect me, I'll wait and play it later. I'm not in a big hurry to buy a new generation system anyway.

All I'm really saying is, this stuff goes both ways. People are justified in being pissed about it, because this is basically Microsoft payola delaying the release on the system they own. If they're big fans (which is more likely in the Sony camp) they now have to wait... and they have a point telling the developer to fuck off for doing it.

They'll still buy it though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    They'll still buy it though.
    Which is why I'm having a laughing fit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The first TR was something extraordinary. I remember when I read about it in Polish videogame magazines. A couple weeks later I bought it and I enjoyed it. However I didn't finished it.

And then comes my true TR-related-videogame-love: TR2. :-) This game rocks! I have finished it a couple of times and everytime I really, really, really enjoyed it. I was even able to make some wallpapers from the screenshots, which I made while I was playing that game (especially in Tibet area).

I played TR3 for a couple of minutes, but this was not TR2 or TR1... The same was for TR4 and TR5.

When the Angel of Darkness came out I played it for about 2 or 3 days. But this still was not TR2 or TR1... :-(

But The Legend was really fun! It reminded me the days I spent while I played TR2 and TR1. But it was so... em... quick to play? 2 days or something?

Anniversary... That was something! I finished it and IMHO this part is as good as TR2 and TR1 are. Well, it's even better than the original TR1. It has this "something", which TR3, TR4 etc. do not have. Along with amazing graphics and sound, it makes this game as one of the best videogames I have ever played.

I wish they could do the same thing with TR2 as they did for TR1 in case of Anniversary.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Turns out it is just a timed exclusive. Problems solved.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...med-exclusive/
    Thank God for that, I loved TR 2013 but I don't have the funds to buy any more consoles

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've completely lost my boner over all the raging Sony fanboys since the clarification. Such a bummer that it's only timed.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Bumpp. Reading some of the comments in here is a blast from the past

Apparently they are going to mix old Lara with the newer Lara. I liked the 2013 version, and only played a bit of the sequel, but it was growing stale for me.

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-06-2022 at 06:11 AM.