Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: janet jackson

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

janet jackson

control, rhythm nation 1814, janet., and (especially) the velvet rope were fantastic and complex pop records. 2001's all for you was her last great statement. until this year.

unbreakable is amazing, start to finish. i'm so glad she's back.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Janet is my favorite Jackson. She was the talented one and man, she made my balls drop during her janet. days. The stuff she did from Control to The Velvet Rope is classic. Plus, who would've thought she would make an ass-kicking metal song in "Black Cat". I'm just glad to hear her new album is considered a return to form.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    gary numan cited rhythm nation as one of his favorite industrial albums. that makes a lot of sense.

btw, the best tracks from unbreakable, aside from major club bangers like "dammn baby," are almost massive attack-ish. "black eagle" is incredible.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    tour dates (re)announced! "state of the world" tour begins late summer. i will be there (salt lake, portland), sooooo excited! she looks great in her announcement, happy, healthy, says her baby is great, too -- really excited for this shift in tour direction after her split from that rich, (allegedly) controlling guy. and being a mom.

it's going to be a party.

counting down!

Mentioned
    781 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I feel like with not one, not two, but three shows within a 2-hr radius of me and reasonable face value prices means I should probably finally see Miss Jackson this year. I'll have to see how they fit in with the Tori Amos tour though.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 05-02-2017 at 08:54 AM.