Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 12 Rounds

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)

12 Rounds

I'm mostly starting this thread in order to perpetuate the track listing that's on the old "official" message board for 12 rounds for the unreleased, untitled third album.

High Times
    Conspiracy
    Could You Be
    Big Love
    Ring Pull
    Still Water
    Xocet
    Sioux '86
    Chicane
    Bits & Pieces
    Dead Man
    Shine On

produced by 12 Rounds and Ben Hillier

Kirk Hellie(guitars, bass, noise, found sounds, keyboards, radios)
    Sioux '86, Xocet, and Shine On were released on 12rounds.net over the past few years, and I love the sound of them, and I hope someday that the rest of the album would see the light of day. And those pictures of the promo CD that have been floating around forever? If I were a betting man, I'd bet that is just the artwork, and that maybe an actual disc was never produced.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]I'm mostly starting this thread in order to perpetuate the track listing that's on the old "official" message board for 12 rounds for the unreleased, untitled third album.

Sioux '86, Xocet, and Shine On were released on 12rounds.net over the past few years, and I love the sound of them, and I hope someday that the rest of the album would see the light of day. And those pictures of the promo CD that have been floating around forever? If I were a betting man, I'd bet that is just the artwork, and that maybe an actual disc was never produced.
    a billion times yes. I love Sioux '86 and Shine On completely (Xocet is solid, too). I twittered at 12rounds over a year ago asking if they were going to keep releasing tracks but got no response. I'd love to hear the rest of this, it may be a lost masterpiece.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    If they're all still working together doing scores and what not i just don't see why they won't either release the material that was done for the third album or start fresh and do something else. Just more 12 Rounds would be wicked!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just to confirm, the band do still intend to someday give us the rest of the album. Atticus just wants to properly master all of the tracks and was only able to finish the three tracks currently available on 12rounds.net. I had the opportunity to speak with Atticus, Claudia, Leo and Kirk on Friday night and they are all excited for us to hear the rest of the material but want us to hear it properly.

Per the demand for the track, my wife and I have asked that the next track they provide to us be "Dead Man," which was featured briefly in a film called Rise: Blood Hunter in 2007.

A reworked version of "Chicane" was debuted live on Friday night as well. It will appear on a film soundtrack later this year.

The reason for the extended delay between Sioux '86 and the next track we will receive is that Atticus went from having a bit of downtime after finishing The Book of Eli soundtrack straight into a body of work that continues to grow each day. He really hasn't had an extended break since then and I'm certainly a lot happier with Atticus/Claudia/Leo/Kirk having regular paying work than working on mastering tracks from an old album for free for us. I'm certain we'll get the tracks and likely the Touching Evil score bits at some future point. Until then, we've got Love & Mercy, Gennadiy, Gone Girl and whatever that mysterious Michael Mann movie is that people keep touching on but no one seems to know about to look forward to.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    nice update, thanks!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ressurection!

Mostly just because I posted Holed's demo, which seems to actually be rare on the internet despite being easy to get ahold of - the joys of cassette exclusivity.
    http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.co...the-first-demo

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Ressurection!

Mostly just because I posted Holed's demo, which seems to actually be rare on the internet despite being easy to get ahold of - the joys of cassette exclusivity.
    http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.co...the-first-demo
    Nice, thanks for posting that. Very familiar with this track (used it as the first song of a pre-show audience walk-in playlist last year), so it's interesting to see what changed when they remixed it for Jitter Juice.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Sadly tumblr only takes mp3, I do have a WAV rip of the track if anyone is interested (not gonna rip the whole tape unless there's anything else on there of value, which I doubt)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I never really heard any of 12 Rounds stuff. I am interested. Trying to find some online in lossless.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I never really heard any of 12 Rounds stuff. I am interested. Trying to find some online in lossless.
    Here's three free ones http://www.12rounds.net/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Here's three free ones http://www.12rounds.net/
    Sweet!
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rise from your grave, old thread.

I was relistening to some 12 Rounds today and Happy Hour came on and I realized after all these years, I still don't know the words to it. Checked online, nope. Checked the booklet, nope. Anyone able to make them out? That first line especially.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    rise from your grave redux, old thread!

been on a 12 rounds kick lately, I managed to find a copy of jitter juice too, I need more!
    has anyone ever heard those few songs: https://www.discogs.com/12-Rounds-Se...release/563433
    from a 2002 promo sampler, this must be out there somewhere, no?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Weren't those songs available from their website to download at one point?
    I don't remember since my HDD with those tracks died .

Edit: I just checked and those are not the ones I just mentioned.
    Nice discovery, I want to know more about them and eventually if they do exist somewhere, listen to them.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 07-22-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    same here. shared some 12 rounds and nearLy with my son (pre and during our road trip to Rabobank show). he shared some 1975; we talked lana del rey and lorde and we both agreed that we need more Claudia Sarnes. The world needs to hear more Claudia Sarnes. there's just something about her voice that leaves a hint of a sweet stain of heavy molasses on the mind when you hear her sing.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    has anyone ever heard those few songs: https://www.discogs.com/12-Rounds-Se...release/563433
    It looks to me like that's from actual artwork files, rather than scans. Someone probably had access to those assets, but not any audio.

The only 12 Rounds tracks that made their way out of Nothing Studios after My Big Hero, as I recall, are Shine On, Exocet, and Sioux 86 - all available at 12rounds.net

The same site has other track titles, but nothing's happened with any of that, I think.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    It looks to me like that's from actual artwork files, rather than scans. Someone probably had access to those assets, but not any audio.

The only 12 Rounds tracks that made their way out of Nothing Studios after My Big Hero, as I recall, are Shine On, Exocet, and Sioux 86 - all available at 12rounds.net

The same site has other track titles, but nothing's happened with any of that, I think.
    So basically those are the songs that Atticus has yet to remaster and release?
    That was his plan and I imagine he's been busy with NIN and scoring to do anything 12 rounds related.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Since this thread has been revived. I guess I can post this video which I haven't seen in a very long time:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Was the unreleased third album produced by Trent or Ben Hillier? I've seen conflicting reports for years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Was the unreleased third album produced by Trent or Ben Hillier? I've seen conflicting reports for years.
    Hillier it would seem

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    so captivating
    soo seductive
    ok, my new crush...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    rise from your grave redux, old thread!

been on a 12 rounds kick lately, I managed to find a copy of jitter juice too, I need more!
    There's also allegedly 20 seconds of "Dead Man" floating around on YouTube after appearing in the film Rise: Blood Hunter (with Marilyn Manson!).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mqhanlon View Post
    There's also allegedly 20 seconds of " " floating around on YouTube after appearing in the film Rise: Blood Hunter (with Marilyn Manson!).
    dammit! that was a huge tease...
    i want more! (waaaah)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    bumping this because this band deserves more love.

At the recent meet and greet, Atticus jokingly implied that someone would have to blow Ilan Rubin for that third album to get released- which depresses the shit out of me. The songs they did release are awesome. WTF will it take. With Atticus officially in NIN, and with nin.com's store, why not just put it out there and charge $5 for it. Fuck it! It's done, dude.

rant over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azad_ninja View Post
    bumping this because this band deserves more love.

At the recent meet and greet, Atticus jokingly implied that someone would have to blow Ilan Rubin for that third album to get released- which depresses the shit out of me. The songs they did release are awesome. WTF will it take. With Atticus officially in NIN, and with nin.com's store, why not just put it out there and charge $5 for it. Fuck it! It's done, dude.

rant over
    or jimmy iovine could put it out and call it untitled unmastered.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    ICYMI

Released in full about a week ago.

It's a track from that elusive third album used for the Animal Kingdom TNT series opening credits.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    I made this and I'm posting it everywhere that makes sense to post. I think the sequence works well. Please note that this is a new mockup I did on my own, not the promo artwork from 2002.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    OCD crisis: the first post lists “Could You Be,” then that discogs promo artwork has it listed as “Could U Be”.

Huge fan of Animal Kingdom and have loved that “Big Black Hole” intro song since I first started watching the show. Is that the correct title? Moral of the story: I need to listen to 12 Rounds.

edit: oh, it’s “Big Love”. Wasn’t it called “Welcome To The Jungle” at one stage?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 07-18-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azad_ninja View Post

You motherfucker.