Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld (HBO miniseries)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    To say I wasn't too bothered about them making a season 3, that new trailer is absolutely epic and has me salivating.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fans found ANOTHER trailer hidden within the Westworld site with more footage...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I just realized the title of this thread is Westworld (HBO miniseries). I think this show has moved beyond the boundaries of a miniseries.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Starts tonight and I can't wait.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Westworld (HBO miniseries)

Thought it was just okay. Not bad, not great. I’m mostly interested in The Man In Black/ Williams character, Bernard, and Maeve. Intrigued with Calebs story. Dolores was just meh. We’ll see how the rest of the season goes. I have a feeling this season will either make or break Westworld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This would have made a great start to season 2 lol

I retained almost no information from season 2, because it was convoluted bullshit. So my head Canon is possibly just gonna delete it

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I liked it a lot. Aaron Paul's character is a breath of fresh air, a less cynical take on humanity apart from the other established leads. It also had a nice dash of espionage and action scenes to help define the character of the not-too-distant future in the "real" world.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Great episode, I'd say. The music especially – full-on Blade Runner 2049 level (and stylewise too). Massive Attack was used well.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Great episode, I'd say. The music especially – full-on Blade Runner 2049 level (and stylewise too). Massive Attack was used well.
    I liked inclusion of the massive attack and pulp songs. Was happy to hear them because I really enjoy both bands. Still not sure how I feel about the overall episode yet.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Beast Mode!!!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I quite enjoyed the first episode. The second season was a bit of the same old same old and got a bit lagging. It had it's good moments, but not as good as season 1. This first episode was great. It's good to see the story lifted up and taken to another level, expanding its world.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    First episode was a blast. Everything worked for me, with the casting being absolutely perfect. Really excited to see where this season takes us after seeing the upcoming scenes. The score and the somewhat noir feeling makes it all the better.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    did you guys note that the Aaron Paul character appears to be in a sort of loop, and was questioned like hosts were questioned in previous seasons?

is it possible that some of what we're seeing is in another part of the park?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and bet that Aaron Paul is a robot.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    did you guys note that the Aaron Paul character appears to be in a sort of loop, and was questioned like hosts were questioned in previous seasons?

Either that, or he’s the first host that had consciousness successfully transferred without breaking down and freaking out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Or it's trying to make a point about humans not even being free themselves. This thing that Dolores is fighting for, perhaps there is no such thing as true freedom whether you're a robot or a human. Perhaps humans and robots are not really different. We're all trapped in our own loops. The real difference is who is in control and has the power and those below them being controlled and forced into their loops. This may not be a battle of humans vs robots, but the humans/robots in control of the system and the humans/robots who are just a cog in the system.

Update:
    I believe you're going to see a role reversal. Maeve was always like the good/innocent one even though she was a brothel running prostitute, but we all rooted for her through her journey. Whereas Dolores is the evil villain who was a daddy's farmgirl and we watched her spiral into "evil." In this season, Dolores is going to wake up the masses, both human and robot, the robots being enslaved and the humans who have to do illegal shit just to survive and make a living, and create an uprising against those in power. Maeve is going to end up working for those in control, being used as a weapon against Dolores, and possibly being manipulated by them to fight her. She's going to be protecting those who are in control. Thus their roles suddenly being reversed. Dolores will go from villain to liberator and Maeve will be protecting the ones who trying to keep their control. It will completely make you switch who you are rooting for and blur the lines of who side are you on.
    Last edited by neorev; 03-20-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Friggin' hell, all of these theories sound great. I thought the whole robot thing with Caleb once the loop started, but to me he seems pretty human. Also, the history he had with Francis felt like a heartfelt, humanized relationship.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tonight's episode was meh; I get that it was setting up the two "sides," but wow they took a long time getting there. I'm still in, just not one of the better episodes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I love that the Game Of Thrones creators were hanging out with their dragon.

Anyone spot their cameo?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I appreciated how streamlined and straightforward the first episode was, but now we're back to HBO's twists and nonlinearity for no reason bullshit. It's neat, sometimes, but it gets stale, and it's general purposelessness is often tiring.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You know, the moment Stubbs told Bernard why he did what he did, he also gave us a huge clue about what was going on with Maeve.

My poor poor Lee...

Caleb and the Rehoboam are reminders that humans too are living in "loops" (cue Every Day is Exactly the Same) and they may be no more freer than the hosts. Huh!

edit: interesting interview with Hemsworth the Elder about his character and the reveal about him: https://www.insider.com/westworld-st...terview-2020-3

You guys know there are 3 Hemsworth brothers, right? Hemsworth the Elder, Hemsworth the God and Hemsworth the Forgettable.
    Last edited by marodi; 03-23-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I liked this episode. Aaron Paul really adds to the cast. It's interesting seeing Dolores and Maeve switching rolls and Charlotte somewhere in the middle. A nice respite from all that's going on IRL.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I liked this episode. Aaron Paul really adds to the cast. It's interesting seeing Dolores and Maeve switching rolls and Charlotte somewhere in the middle. A nice respite from all that's going on IRL.
    Who do we think is in Charlotte? Teddy?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Who do we think is in Charlotte? Teddy?
    I thought Angela as she was Dolores's key sister of destruction in season 2. Didn't Teddy make the choice not to be part of the Dolores army after he felt she was going too far?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    But Angela was killed/destroyed when she blew up The Cradle. I don't know how Dolores could have got her pearl.

She did however had Teddy's pearl but we clearly saw her uploading him to the Valley Beyond aka hosts heaven. Maybe Teddy now exists in two places?

Also: the casting of Vincent Cassel was genius.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This is much better than season 2 so far. My only gripe is that I don't think the story needs such a consolidated antagonist as Serac. And setting up the story in that kind of big battle game of thronesy kind of way cheapens it, as the experiences Dolores already had are enough to motivate her (although season 2 notoriously jumped that gun)

This way threatens to make it all a bit cartoonish.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I don't like this season very much so far. It feels like "Exposition and Plot Convenience" the TV Show. I will keep watching as there will at least be some cool moments and existential ideas. My prediction is the Serac isn't a real person but a projection of Reabaum or whatever that giant melon is called.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Also: the casting of Vincent Cassel was genius.
    The entire cast for this season is perfect. Aaron Paul kills it in this so far imo; really believable with what is happening to him... I'm very impressed.

I love how this show can detour to another point of view without skipping a beat. Honestly, I felt the show needed a bit of that cartoonish feel to it, and if we get a huge showdown at the end, I'm all for it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I don't like this season very much so far. It feels like "Exposition and Plot Convenience" the TV Show. I will keep watching as there will at least be some cool moments and existential ideas. My prediction is the Serac isn't a real person but a projection of Reabaum or whatever that giant melon is called.
    Giant melon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Need to catch up on S3, only seen up to episode 2.

As a born and raised Angeleno, am loving future L.A. and modern culture within it. Ignoring that this show is based on a robot theme park, that future real world setting would work perfectly for a Cyberpunk/Bladerunner type miniseries alone.
    Is it me or does it feel like they're dumbing down the story so far after the bitch and whining from S2? I'm not buying that Dolores is out to self-destruct the universe for a minute and now all robots must unite to destroy her.

Edit:

Caught up episode 3. They really nailed down the visuals for this show. Every location is stunning and vfx on point (Serac hologram). Betting on Hale being Teddy. Also digging the overall theme of data collection not representing who someone is.
    Last edited by Miss.Selfdestruct; 04-05-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Thought tonight’s twist was meh, and I kind of eye rolled at it. Still interested to see where this season goes, but m having a hard time determining Dolores’ motives and what she’s hoping to accomplish now.