Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boris

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    There's more than 10 ways to represent "abandon" in kanji when it's used as a verb (since you include synonyms). Either would be appropriate, but "abandon" without the "ed" is more the literal translation.

I remember this being a thing from time to time with (old-school) Dir en Grey, as well.
    That's interesting. The way it's usually been represented up til now is "Just Abondoned My-Self," so any improvement is improvement.

Unfortunately, the recent Thing Which Solomon Overlooked boxset didn't fix the fucky translations for those songs. I want to know what in the hell "No Ones Grieve" is supposed to actually be.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Official stream of Forbidden Songs ahead of tomorrow's release date. Exciting!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    New album Dear is streaming in full at NPR today. Very heavy and noisy!

Sargent House is doing the regular version stateside, so you can get it at their store on CD and double LP (including an awesome splatter 2xLP). Japan gets the same album but with a bonus disc, which is also getting a 3xLP pressing there you can get them through Inoxia like always.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Boris just announced a St. Louis show for this fall ... I wouldn't be surprised if more dates starting popping up.

Plus, they're touring with UNIFORM too and they are incredible live.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Boris just announced a St. Louis show for this fall ... I wouldn't be surprised if more dates starting popping up.

Plus, they're touring with UNIFORM too and they are incredible live.
    Ugh, I would LOVE to see Boris play with Uniform. Of course the closest show to me is in Boston on a weeknight, which doesn't work unless I take time off from work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    and that's indeed a US tour + a new album in august, yeah!