Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boris

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    There's more than 10 ways to represent "abandon" in kanji when it's used as a verb (since you include synonyms). Either would be appropriate, but "abandon" without the "ed" is more the literal translation.

I remember this being a thing from time to time with (old-school) Dir en Grey, as well.
    That's interesting. The way it's usually been represented up til now is "Just Abondoned My-Self," so any improvement is improvement.

Unfortunately, the recent Thing Which Solomon Overlooked boxset didn't fix the fucky translations for those songs. I want to know what in the hell "No Ones Grieve" is supposed to actually be.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Official stream of Forbidden Songs ahead of tomorrow's release date. Exciting!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    New album Dear is streaming in full at NPR today. Very heavy and noisy!

Sargent House is doing the regular version stateside, so you can get it at their store on CD and double LP (including an awesome splatter 2xLP). Japan gets the same album but with a bonus disc, which is also getting a 3xLP pressing there – you can get them through Inoxia like always.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Boris just announced a St. Louis show for this fall ... I wouldn't be surprised if more dates starting popping up.

Plus, they're touring with UNIFORM too and they are incredible live.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Boris just announced a St. Louis show for this fall ... I wouldn't be surprised if more dates starting popping up.

Plus, they're touring with UNIFORM too and they are incredible live.
    Ugh, I would LOVE to see Boris play with Uniform. Of course the closest show to me is in Boston on a weeknight, which doesn't work unless I take time off from work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    and that's indeed a US tour + a new album in august, yeah!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Would anyone happen to have a lossless rip of the No Cut Version of Floor Shaker? It's one of my favorite Boris tracks, but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere except YouTube.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Would anyone happen to have a lossless rip of the No Cut Version of Floor Shaker? It's one of my favorite Boris tracks, but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere except YouTube.
    PM'ed you a lossy copy because a proper lossless rip is hard to find. The song should be split across 27 tracks; it is rather easy to find a combined version at 320 quality. There is a what.cd torrent floating around for V0 and FLAC CD rips, but they do not have seeds.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Holy shit is this new song good. Super aggressive vocals and fast paced ... hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I love this band and Wata is my favorite guitarist. I have the Pink reissue that was released on three vinyl records. I wish I could see them live someday. Gonna have to listen to that new song.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    I love this band and Wata is my favorite guitarist. I have the Pink reissue that was released on three vinyl records. I wish I could see them live someday. Gonna have to listen to that new song.
    i saw them when young widows opened for them at lincoln hall. i hadn't really gotten into them (and still haven't, though i like everything i've heard...) but they were really fucking good live.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I remember when they opened for Da Nails during the Lights In The Sky tour. They played an extended version of the untitled track from Smile, and it totally blew my mind. Unfortunately, most of the audience was there to hear Head Like A Hole and that "fuck you like an animal" song, so I think they were bored silly by the performance.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    New song is easily top tier in their catalog. Straightup HR2002 vibes, then interrupted by a doom ass riff. So good.

I remember when they opened for Da Nails during the Lights In The Sky tour. They played an extended version of the untitled track from Smile, and it totally blew my mind. Unfortunately, most of the audience was there to hear Head Like A Hole and that "fuck you like an animal" song, so I think they were bored silly by the performance.
    Yeah, they've released several live recordings from that tour with the super wild Untitled arrangement. I kinda prefer Smile Live at Wolf Creek over either version of the studio album for this, among other reasons (FLOOR SHAKER).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Listening to their new album now. Just got a notification about it from Bandcamp. This is some heavy shit.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wow the new Boris might be the heaviest album since PINK and I am fuckin' here for it. This shit slaps.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Love this album

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Though I wish the production was slightly less clean at times, this is some crazy stuff. Punky as fuck and the best sounding attack mode stuff they've done since Pink. Don't sleep on this one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    well shit, just found out that Boris the band covered Boris the song and released it as a limited edition vinyl.
    I am now debating spending $30 on a 1 song vinyl, i really want to hear this!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    ^ Yep, classic move. Sadly doesn't even have a download like the recent Phenomenons Drive and Refrain pressings.

NO is fantastic. Really cool they took "Perforated Line" from Präparat and turned it into a new song.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    No is now available on CD and Vinyl for those interested, straight from japan!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Coming December 11...

https://borismerzbow.bandcamp.com/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Boris released a cover of Wham!'s Last Christmas. It sounds exactly like you'd probably expect it to sound like.

https://boris.bandcamp.com/album/no-l

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    And the followup to NO is coming out! It's called W. All recorded along with NO at the time. First single is up now on streaming.

They also dropped a super excellent live recording for Bandcamp Friday the other week. Setlist has Feedbacker, Untitled, AND Flood!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How is nobody talking about Heavy Rocks 3? Shit's awesome, also just got my ticket to see them again for a third time on next Thursday.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    And, as usual, they left an excellent b-side for a random compilation that's only on YouTube (URL is timestamped):

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yeah, new album rocks. Looking forward to seeing the new tour soon.