Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Reason Why "Hurt" is a hated track among the fans.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    It did not happen on the tour I'm referring to (summer 2014). I did not attend a show on the Lights In the Sky tour but if I had I would not have left knowing there was a song to follow.
    It also happened on the LITS tour. And, omg, I was like, doing a foxhole prayer. I hadn't seen NIN since 2000 at that point, and I was like, PLEASE god, PLEASE don't let this be the last song.

ITT is so much more...uplifting. Idk.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    NIN hate "Hurt?" News to me.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Decides people who don't hate a song actually hate it, then proceeds to explain why they hate the song they don't hate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This song has almost become the standard answer to the question "name a cover version which is better than the original?", but to such a degree that I suspect most people answering it have never even heard the original.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
    This song has almost become the standard answer to the question "name a cover version which is better than the original?", but to such a degree that I suspect most people answering it have never even heard the original.
    The new answer to this question is clearly Ashely O's, On a roll, right?!?!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Do people really hate this song? I think it’s just overplayed. Same as closer, overplayed to death.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    We still talking about this?

Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    Do people really hate this song? I think it’s just overplayed. Same as closer, overplayed to death.
    You're not wrong. But like @sweeterthan mentioned on the previous page, there IS always someone in the crowd who hasn't seen it (must be someone who's seeing NIN for the first time, haha!), so Trent is playing it (and Closer, HLAH, and THTF) for those people, which is very considerate. Plus, they're both still great songs and it's not like they only play 10 or 15 songs in a set, they usually play 20-25 songs. There's plenty of room for other awesome live staples and deep cuts in their sets. The C&B&I tour was proof of that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I remember going to a NIN concert. Hurt started playing, TR goes quiet in some bits, and in this silence someone yells "WTF IS THIS BACKSTREET BOYS SHIT?!". I gave him a longest gaze of murderous eyes.