Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: nin.com Homepage Error

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

nin.com Homepage Error

Ok so I've had this problem for a fee weeks now and finally had time to try and see what is going on. I get this error on all Web browser I have, IE, Edge, Chrome and Fire Fox. The only nin.com page that loads correctly is the store pages. I've done things like clear cache. All other normally visited web pages are fine. I think I remember this being talked about a while back but I can't find the threads or posts. I think someone might have listed a possible solution. I've searched here on ets and Google with many key word combos to explain the error but my search-fu/ search-chi is not working.

Here is the error, It's not loading images and is displaying all weird. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? Thank you.

nin.com Broken.jpg

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yes! I’ve been experiencing this for several months every time I try to go there. Doesn’t matter which device or browser I use. I brought it up on NIN spotting, but no one else seemed to be experiencing it. The page seems to only load the HTML and no CSS or JavaScript. It also can’t find any of the images like the logo in the upper-left or any images that should appear on the front page (or any other pages aside from the store).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    First time I noticed it was for the Watchmen release. I figured it was just being hammered though.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Do you use any blockers? For me Privacy Badger sometimes blocks certain things on various sites. Tweaking the site specific settings usually fixes it.

That said I'm not seeing an issue with nin.com. Good luck.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Do you use any blockers? For me Privacy Badger sometimes blocks certain things on various sites. Tweaking the site specific settings usually fixes it.

That said I'm not seeing an issue with nin.com. Good luck.
    I use AdblockPlus, but I have it turned off for NIN.com and it doesn’t matter.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I have no blockers or firewall restrictions on anything computer or network gear. I also have same issue on my phone when on Verizon (not home WiFi).
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 10-23-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yes! I’ve been experiencing this for several months every time I try to go there. Doesn’t matter which device or browser I use. I brought it up on NIN spotting, but no one else seemed to be experiencing it. The page seems to only load the HTML and no CSS or JavaScript. It also can’t find any of the images like the logo in the upper-left or any images that should appear on the front page (or any other pages aside from the store).
    That's where I saw this before... nin Spoting 2019 right? I'm going to look through that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    That's where I saw this before... nin Spoting 2019 right? I'm going to look through that.
    I brought it up here back in August, but I'd been experiencing it since earlier than that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm beginning to wonder if it only affects users in our Midwest geographical region... (not sure why or how that would be though)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I was starting to wonder that as well... We need other midwest users to post about their experience. Tomorrow I might find the time to email thecreativecorporation.com people. I post that up here if I get any replies.

https://www.thecreativecorporation.com/

https://www.thecreativecorporation.com/contact/

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I tagged them about this on Twitter some months ago. No response yet.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I tagged them about this on Twitter some months ago. No response yet.
    Does that mean you’re experiencing this issue as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Does that mean you’re experiencing this issue as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On my mobile Chrome browser, yes. Sometimes the site works fine on Firefox for Windows.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The last time this was discussed I theorized that it was a regional issue, which I found evidence of by setting my VPN to various locations. With my VPN off, the site has always loaded fine. Some VPN locations loaded fine as well, but then other regions would not load properly. It's strange that it hasn't been fixed by now.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I brought it up here back in August, but I'd been experiencing it since earlier than that.
    i started experiencing it around the same time you did, if i remember correctly. it seems to only be on the news page, as all of the other pages load fine for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Same problem here too and it’s been months. Interesting theory about the midwest. I’m in WI, so that jives. Same experience with using my VPN too. Some regions work just fine. It’s a fun game I play... I spin the wheel and select a random country’s server. For the record, it works fine from Albania this morning.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    yup, site doesn't load right in Lansing, MI.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    More tests...

VPN off, Chrome/Firefox/Edge, Windows: no workie

VPN off, Chrome/Firefox/Safari, MacOS: no workie

VPN off, Chrome/Firefox/Safari, iOS, home wifi (Spectrum) and Verizon cellular: no workie

All above tests work fine with a VPN on any region outside the US at least. The current VPN I use only allows me to pick a country and then finds the server with the best connection within that country. Meaning I can’t drill down to a specific region within the US to test the midwest theory further. It looks like I’m getting routed through a Chicago server when selecting US.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The servers here cycle through several regions but right now I'm getting ads for Chicago attractions so I assume I'm attached to midwest servers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it seems to only be on the news page, as all of the other pages load fine for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This is interesting. The store is literally the ONLY page that loads normal for me.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thank you all for help to soldify the Midwest conection here, I myself am in the Chicago area. I will email the people over at
    thecreativecorporation and give them this info. I wonder if their is any nin management people to reach out to as well to complain/ report that the web site doesn't not work regionally in the Midwest. maybe they would be interested in this info to help get their partners to provide the web services that they are paying for.

Anyone have a contact email for nin reps?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This is interesting. The store is literally the ONLY page that loads normal for me.
    Same here, I'll be damned if the god money generating page is not working!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Indiana here, and I too have been having issues loading the site. This is pretty bizarre.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I live in a rural part of KY and use an LTE based hot spot (it's actually pretty amazing, not a single disconnect in a year and i get 25Mbps download speeds), and I have the same problem.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So this is the email I have drafted to send over to the thecreativecorporation, does anyone have an input they think will add value to help resolve this issue? I'd like to send this out later today so please feel free to post up any thoughts! Thank you to all who reported about your experience. Of note, others might want to consider emailing thecreativecorporation as well. (The squeaky wheel always get the most attention, lol.)

@ltrandazzo , or any other admin, is it cool to invite thecreativecorporation to join ets to engage with users to figure out what is going on? If not I can remove that from my email draft.

To: dave@thecreativecorporation.com; dan@thecreativecorporation.com

Subject: nin.com Page not loading correctly in Midwestern USA region

Hello Dave, Dan and the thecreativecorporation.com,

I'd like to report that the nin.com website is notworking correctly in the Midwest region of the United States. Many users are experiencing the home page not seeming to load CSS or JavaScript info when accessing nin.com. This has been ongoing for a while, estimate since the summer of 2019. This occurs in all web browsers and on all internet service providers. Typical trouble shooting steps have been attempted such as deleting cookies and clearing cache by many different users.

The Nine Inch Nails fan community has been documenting this on the fan web site echoingthesound.org, here is a link to the discussion thread that highlights and documents users in the US Midwest experiencing the problem including a screen capture I posted on the initial post showing how the web page is not loading correctly.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...Homepage-Error

Of note, the web store pages load correctly so I'm assuming the web store is hosted separately from the rest of the site.

Please feel free to contact me if you need additional info and feel free to join the fan web site to engage with users who are also experiencing this issue. All members on the site are polite and many are technically savvy.

If you are not the responsible party to report this issue to, do you have contact info on who this should be reported to?

Thank you for your assistance!
    My name signature

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This sounds really good and is very professional! My suggested edits are in bold.

I'd like to report that the nin.com website is not working (displaying?) correctly in the Midwest region of the United States. Many users are experiencing the home page not seeming to load CSS or JavaScript info when accessing nin.com. This has been ongoing for several monthswe estimate since the late July/early August of 2019. This occurs in all web browsers, all devices, and on all internet service providers. Typical troubleshooting (one word) steps have been attempted, such as deleting cookies and clearing cache by many different users.

The Nine Inch Nails fan community has been documenting this on the fan web site echoingthesound.org, here is a link to the discussion thread that highlights and documents users in the US Midwest experiencing the problem including a screen capture I posted on the initial post showing how the web page is not loading correctly.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...Homepage-Error

Of note, the web store pages load correctly so I'm assuming the web store is hosted separately from the rest of the site.

Please feel free to contact me if you need additional info and feel free to join the fan web site to engage with users who are also experiencing this issue. All members on the site are polite and many are technically savvy.

If you are not the responsible party to report this issue to, do you have contact info on who this should be reported to?

Thank you for your time and any assistance you may be able to provide!
    My name signature

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    I sent this thread over earlier this morning, and the appropriate folks have been made aware of the situation.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I sent this thread over earlier this morning, and the appropriate folks have been made aware of the situation.
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you all for help to soldify the Midwest conection here, I myself am in the Chicago area. I will email the people over at
    thecreativecorporation and give them this info. I wonder if their is any nin management people to reach out to as well to complain/ report that the web site doesn't not work regionally in the Midwest. maybe they would be interested in this info to help get their partners to provide the web services that they are paying for.

Anyone have a contact email for nin reps?
    i don't know how much this as to do with midwest but i am also experiencing this, it started with the new Watchmen update so its very recent and i am in Toronto.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I bet regionally Toronto "counts" as the US Midwest in hte grand scheme of the internet.