Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

http://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1112771380813025280

Link in case the tweet doesn't show.

Also here's something that seems to lead some credence to this finding.

Borderlands 3 Epic Games Store exclusivity commented on by Gearbox CEO
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 04-01-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    More signs Randy Pitchford is getting out of touch with gamers.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh hell yes. Not even that long of a wait now. Gotta get that 250 dollar super collectors edition pre ordered... until the wife finds out and she kills me lol

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Looks like it's true, i see that little Epic logo at the end there.

What a shitty deal.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Of course it's an EPIC exclusive, Randy saw $ signs and couldn't wait to get a deal done. He'd sell off his own children if it meant an extra $5 in his back pocket! Although 6 months seems...kinda pointless, although that does mean Randy gets to release the game twice in 6 months at full price so that is on brand...

Can you tell i don't like the guy lol

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands...the_fight_for/

New FREE BL2 DLC apparently coming out June 9th(releasing on a Sunday seems unlikely), Steam page was up but now it's down. New bosses, zones and loot(including a new rainbow rarity). Level cap is getting raised to 80, not sure how that will effect OP levels. And there will be an option to start off at level 30 so you can jump right into the new DLC, that is fucking amazing, starting a new character at 1 is always such a chore to slog through that first playthrough.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-06-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    New DLC has launched, and the Handsome Collection is free this month on PS+ and on sale on Xbox Live. Now's the time to get stuck back in!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I played through the bulk of the DLC last night. It's not bad, but it feels a little unfinished, like, some of the dialogue is a little abrupt. The new weapons are slick though. The final boss is a pain. I haven't tried the new raid boss yet so i have no idea what it is or how it's like, might go after that tonight. All in all, not a bad placeholder til 3 comes along.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    God DAMN, I can't fucking stand Chris Hardwick. I know of absolutely no one who likes this asshole or finds him funny at all -- any opinion I've ever seen/heard expressed about him is almost always something in the realm of how annoying he is. You'd think after the abuse allegations came out that he'd tuck his tail between his legs to fuck off and be rich somewhere in corner wherein everyone can forget he exists (especially now that he's got Hearst money), but no... he's going to spend every last breath shoehorning himself into nerd fandoms to try and fool everyone into believing he's totally hip with it. He and Randy Pitchford need to snort themselves into cardiac arrest already.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    It's not bad, but it feels a little unfinished, like, some of the dialogue is a little abrupt.
    Yeah some of the dialogue just cuts off for me on PS4 and Lilith's speech at the end is pretty cringe worthy. Other that it's a great little piece of DLC. I tried beating the new raid boss for about an hour yesterday and couldn't do it, might have to blow through the story on normal mode to see if I can beat it there. The drops are great though, Uranus drops at least 1 legendary almost every time you kill him. Not super pumped that the level increase makes my OP levels obsolete, definitely not going through that grind again.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm sure i'll do the DLC eventually, my friend just got the Handsome Collection and has never played a BL game, so co-oping should be fun!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Not super pumped that the level increase makes my OP levels obsolete, definitely not going through that grind again.
    An interesting thing to note though is that overpower weapons are more powerful than standard level equivalents. Like, an overpower 6 weapon is still more powerful than a level 78. I'm not sure if anyone else has had that experience. This is based on the op weapons i already had before the dlc dropped, i haven't run through Digistruct Peak again to see what happens with new drops.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    An interesting thing to note though is that overpower weapons are more powerful than standard level equivalents. Like, an overpower 6 weapon is still more powerful than a level 78. I'm not sure if anyone else has had that experience. This is based on the op weapons i already had before the dlc dropped, i haven't run through Digistruct Peak again to see what happens with new drops.
    Yeah that's because OP weapons are actually just a higher level gun that you can use at a lower level. Like now when you're level 80 and have an OP8 gun, that gun is actually level 88. That's why all our OP8 stuff from before the update becomes level 80 once you reach max level again. I guess the new raid boss drops new effervescent gear that makes running the peak easier. I can't beat the bastard though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the proper numbered games in this series and never played The Pre-Sequel (even though I own the Handsome Collection). After time has sunk in I find it bizarre I have no hype or excitement for the 3rd game...I wonder why? :s

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I really enjoyed the proper numbered games in this series and never played The Pre-Sequel (even though I own the Handsome Collection). After time has sunk in I find it bizarre I have no hype or excitement for the 3rd game...I wonder why? :s
    Because every game gearbox had released since Borderlands 2 has been hot garbage.

And you know they are going to throttle progression so they can push players towards microtransactions. If not at first, thru patches in the future.

I'm so bitter towards games in general, been let down so many times, I'm not excited for ANYTHING.

I have been playing Borderlands 2 again, however, and I'm finally pushing thru UVHM as Maya, and having a great time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's already been confirmed that 3 won't have microtransactions other than cosmetic stuff, same as the second game. I'm insanely excited for September 13th, nothing since No Man's Sky has had me this pumped for a game's release.

I've been playing 2 again as well recently. Got a Sal up to OP10, absolutely destroy everything with a Pimpernel and Creamer. Sal is definitely overpowered as hell but it's so much fun to just faceroll everything after spending years fighting tooth and nail with Axton just to get through everything.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Soo, I finally got around to finishing Borderlands 2 and what a dam ride. I started playing back when it was released and kind of just forgot about it. I started with Zero, and sniping is so dam fun with the right build which I'm working on now. The humor has me really going especially with what some of the enemies say during a fight, and when they die (Especially the Goliath). The fight with The Warrior and Handsome Jack was pretty dam cool, despite being able to cheese the royal fuck out of it.

Anyone have any tips as where to start next after completing the game?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I think some of the expansions are meant to be good. I only completed the sand pirate ship one but it was fun. There's the weird one where you enter a D&D role playing game but it was too high tier for me when I was playing blands2. If you've beaten the main game you're probably high tier enough for it though. I didn't complete the main campaign.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd say just mess around in a different game and wait for BL3 in like three weeks haha.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The role-playing game expansion was the best DLC for Borderlands 2. It was dynamic, the humor was there, and it actually made Tiny Tina a semi-likeable and relatable character. Up until that point, i could not stand her; she was my least favorite character from the franchise. That DLC actually gave her some real depth.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Anyone have any tips as where to start next after completing the game?
    Definitely check out Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. It's the only DLC other than the brand new one that actually continues the story from the main game. It's also fun as hell and has some bad ass loot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You can pre-load digital pre-orders now. My PS4 and Xbone versions are ready for Friday!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah my XB1 preloaded last week. Pumped for this!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Same here. My podcast runs from 10pm to midnight Thursday, after it's over i'll be just in time to load up for another adventure on Pandora (and beyond).

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Grabbing this sometime tonight. Anyone grabbing the other editions?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I am loving BL3. Took a few hours to get used to it but it's been nothing but fun since then. Being able to fast travel whenever you want is a god send, no more running all the way back across the map to turn in a mission. Only real gripe at the moment is the inventory screen, it's a pain in the ass to navigate and half freezes most times I open it.

The one kind of Torgue shotgun is completely OP right now, it'll definitely get nerfed. If you get one with a x6(not sure if lower will work) damage modifier and put the firing mode on sticky it will absolutely wreck any bad ass/boss that is anywhere near your level.

Edit: The shotgun thing got nerfed with the hot fix today.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 09-19-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    anyone else having issues with their XBOX frying while playing BL3?

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...my_xbox_one_x/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    anyone else having issues with their XBOX frying while playing BL3?

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...my_xbox_one_x/
    The amount of lag is ridiculous. Co-op play is even worse. Some of it has to do with particle effects seems like. I'm hoping they put out a patch that addresses it.