Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^ Just saw that this morning, freaking sweet. I'll definitely be pre-ordering for the extra goodies. I was hoping this would come out in the summer but I'll take what I can get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiit

Cannot wait. I don't know whether to have someone get this for my birthday or just pre-order the fuck out of it now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Video Preview from Destructoid
    Not sure if there's any new footage, but it was new to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nah this is new. Thanks for posting. Fuck I can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't get over how smooth everything looks. I really hope it runs that buttery smooth on console, as I'm guessing most of the videos are of PC gameplay.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll get this probably.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Borderlands 2 will have 5th character class as free DLC shortly after release for preorders. Also, Gearbox announces an edition with Marcus Kincaid bobblehead, AND another edition with bobblehead and replica loot container.

While I'm a big fan, I'll be just coming out of my wedding (now accepting donations) and our condo is only so big. The replica loot box looks great, but I think the only special edition around that time I'm getting is BioShock Infinite. Wish they'd announce what's in there soon...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Awesome that there will be a 5th class and the bonus character skin stuff for having a save from the first game. I've never cared anything about special editions, the loot container and bobblehead are pretty cool, but not $100 cool.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed. For obvious reasons they made it fairly small (compared to the game, not sure someone would want a 6 foot long case in their living room) and it looks sweet, but yeah I'll stick with the game itself lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Awesome video review of the Gunzerker class.

With BioShock Infinite delayed, this and Dishonored are the big two for me. This looks to be shaping up NICELY.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition!
    SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!1!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition!
    SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!1!
    Dammit... looks very, very tempting. Gonna be a broke ass panda. Because I'm most likely getting the special halo 4 as well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I do like the Marcus bobblehead, might see if I can find one on ebay after it releases since I don't care anything about all the other crap.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 05-17-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hmm, doesn't really jump out at me, plus I'm past the days of needing a special edition anything (BioShock notwithstanding) unless the actual game content is exclusive. Just another bobblehead for a shelf doesn't cut it for me. NOT digging on anyone's enthusiasm for it at all, it's pretty choice no doubt. It does look like preordering the standard version, which I have, still gets you some in game content which is the biggest thing for me. The 'unspecified DLC' in this edition may be worth scouring eBay to find however. This and Dishonored will be the only 2 games I probably have time for playing this fall. All the video previews of this look beyond awesome.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I loved the first game, so I'll be getting this. Still, I'm still a little bummed that the last DLC pack glitched out on me and my friend. It seems like the quest is now impossible to complete, which sucks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I loved the first game, so I'll be getting this. Still, I'm still a little bummed that the last DLC pack glitched out on me and my friend. It seems like the quest is now impossible to complete, which sucks.
    Which one are you talking about? There are ways around all of the glitches as far as I know.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Which one are you talking about? There are ways around all of the glitches as far as I know.
    It's been a long time, so there's no way I can recall what mission it was exactly. It was a fetch quest, and I think you were supposed to pick up these unique items... for some reason, I think they were weapons? Either way, I had already ventured into the area and picked up one of the items, so when I got the quest I couldn't complete that section. It was very frustrating... maybe it's been patched?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm getting standard copy when I do. I love the cover.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The "unspecified DLC" is for another character wasn't it? The Mech-romancer, remember it being mentioned at GDC.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's been a long time, so there's no way I can recall what mission it was exactly. It was a fetch quest, and I think you were supposed to pick up these unique items... for some reason, I think they were weapons? Either way, I had already ventured into the area and picked up one of the items, so when I got the quest I couldn't complete that section. It was very frustrating... maybe it's been patched?
    I haven't heard of any of the scavenger missions being glitched, I'm surprised it glitched on you like that. You would think when you accept the mission it would've respawned all the stuff you needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    The "unspecified DLC" is for another character wasn't it? The Mech-romancer, remember it being mentioned at GDC.
    You get that just for pre-ordering. That DLC might be the arena thing you get for pre-ordering from Gamestop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Hmm, doesn't really jump out at me, plus I'm past the days of needing a special edition anything (BioShock notwithstanding) unless the actual game content is exclusive. Just another bobblehead for a shelf doesn't cut it for me. NOT digging on anyone's enthusiasm for it at all, it's pretty choice no doubt. It does look like preordering the standard version, which I have, still gets you some in game content which is the biggest thing for me. The 'unspecified DLC' in this edition may be worth scouring eBay to find however. This and Dishonored will be the only 2 games I probably have time for playing this fall. All the video previews of this look beyond awesome.
    Pretty much agreeing with all of this. I'd been wondering how much of my Paris funds I could set aside for the ultimate edition of this but now that I've seen what's going to be included, I'm not too fussed. I had to get the collectors' edition of Mass Effect 3 because that game will never stop emotionally moving me but with this... I dunno. I feel like it's a lot of parade over stuff that's pretty standard to get with a game's LE—only difference being the huge freaking price tag. I'd probably get the loot chest itself if it were thirty bucks or whatever but eh.

That said, I do suddenly feel the urge to preorder the standard edition now that I'm not holding out for the holy grail. I just want this game to be out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed. In no way did I say all that as a way to bag on the game, I'm pumped as hell for it. Just the game though, there's only a few series I'll fork out the extra few bucks for the special edition...not because the stuff isn't neat, just because how much do I really need a bobblehead, ya know?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, reading about the 'brown effect' is really interesting. It's pretty much the comic book / cartoon art style that singles Borderlands out—although I've seen other games do similar since then to lesser effect—so it's weird to imagine it might not have been like that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Man, reading about the 'brown effect' is really interesting. It's pretty much the comic book / cartoon art style that singles Borderlands out—although I've seen other games do similar since then to lesser effect—so it's weird to imagine it might not have been like that.
    I'm pretty sure that's one of the main beefs people had with the first two Gears of War titles...so much brown and grey that many found it kinda washed out and drab. I remember a few videos with Cliff B. from EPIC saying that it was one of their big things for Gears 3 to have more light and color.

I agree though, I love the cell shaded, comic book style of the first game, and it is interesting to think of what would've happened (as mentioned in that article) if they just would've kept it like all the other FPS'ers.

Also, Gearbox just answered some questions regarding level cap, vehicles, and more. (spoiler-ish)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The first special edition is going to be $99.99, and the deluxe one with loot case is $149.99, yikes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That's just nuts, I can't even wrap my head around paying 150 bucks for a video game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    BioShock Infinite would be the only possible game that I'll consider it, and even then yeah....damn.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    While it all looks cool, I'm sticking with just the regular version, probably.