Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Any Borderlands love on this board?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Even though it is off screen, this video gets me pretty pumped for the next one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Borderlands is one of those games that gets you so sucked into the world that it's hard to find something that fills the void once it's over. I guess that's why they have playthroughs 2 and 2.5 :P

The first game felt like they made the most of what really boiled down to simplistic gameplay (very little by way of skill customisation and so on), so I'll be interested to see if the sequel is as effective if it brings in more features. Whereas there are great games like, say, Mass Effect where there was a lot to be improved upon in the sequel, to me there's not a whole lot in Borderlands that I would change.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I agree Hula. I feel like the only thing they could really improve upon is the story, but in the first one the story really wasn't what keeps me playing. I'll be happy as long as there is still loot, and millions of guns.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm just stoked that there's gameplay vids of 2 already...pumped!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't wait for 2.This game is an absolute blast with friends.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Never finished. Always got stuck with shitty parties and eventually wandered away. Should finish it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I beat it with the Hunter. Will replay to mop up for achievements and to beat DLC (only beat The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned entirely).

2 should be good.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't messed with any of the DLC yet. Figure I will later (I have the goty).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The first game was crack for me, I couldn't stop playing it. If this is more of the same, I'm sold. If this is as much of an improvement as the gameplay video makes it look, I guess I'm sold-er.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've played through 3 times on both Xbox 360, and PS3. . .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I finished my first playthrough and instantly started a NG+ without feeling burnt out in the least. Not to mention the DLC and the few hours to get the ability Achievements for my non-main characters. I could happily do it all again.

Lilith was my main. I didn't find the other characters as suited to my play style as her.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I might pick this back up soon. Is it ok to play the DLC? Or should I wait?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think co-op might be even more fun than single player and I normally HATE co-op. Love this game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I might pick this back up soon. Is it ok to play the DLC? Or should I wait?
    Wait for what? It's been out for ages, in fact there was 75% off sale on steam for it just the other day.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    Wait for what? It's been out for ages, in fact there was 75% off sale on steam for it just the other day.
    I have all of the dlc already (GOTY version). Never finished the campaign, so I don't know if I should finish the campaign first, or I could just pick up and play them whenever. That's what I meant to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    I think co-op might be even more fun than single player and I normally HATE co-op. Love this game.
    Single player's kinda boring. The co-op's definitely where it's at.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nah just play the DLC, heaps better than the main story / missions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Single player's kinda boring. The co-op's definitely where it's at.
    Co-op is exactly the same thing, just with your goof ball friend running around getting you into fights with skags when you're busy changing your weapon. It's a lot more fun to play it with someone else than I expected it to be, sure, but if you intrinsically didn't like the solo campaign I wouldn't think it'd be any better in co-op.

Re: DLC—they can be a bit of a bitch on your second playthrough because of the level cap and the fact that the enemies all level up to match you. That's a good thing if you like it more challenging, but I personally got more out of it playing the DLC in the middle of the main campaign to give myself a breather from the main storyline.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I did nothing but play this game for a few months. Played through the main story with a friend and then did all the DLC's by myself. Still gotta finish the last two large arenas in the Moxxi DLC, that shit is boring as hell. Really can't wait for the sequel.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Loved this game. Didn't buy any of the DLC so hit the level cap part-way through the second playthrough, which kinda sucks. Hate level caps. Still, anyone want to play, gimme a shout and I'll bust out my character for some action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I played this game for a month and a half with my friends. Funny story, it was the semester when me and my friend failed it horribly. I wonder why...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I did nothing but play this game for a few months. Played through the main story with a friend and then did all the DLC's by myself. Still gotta finish the last two large arenas in the Moxxi DLC, that shit is boring as hell. Really can't wait for the sequel.
    Moxxi's is boring, slow and too much repetitiveness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Only bad thing about Moxxi's is if you spend hours on the arenas and die on the last round, you're SOL.

I kinda wanted Moxxi and Lilith to hook up, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Only bad thing about Moxxi's is if you spend hours on the arenas and die on the last round, you're SOL.

I kinda wanted Moxxi and Lilith to hook up, though.
    I will fight a mother fucker over moxxi. I AIN'T GON' LIE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone actually been able to play this online on the PS3? I bought an official sony blutooth headset and all communication is incredibly laggy and skips most the time. Apparently you can fix it by using a non blutooth headset and making the audio come through the TV, but then some people online have even said that doesn't work. Surely there's got to be a fix though, they couldn't ignore something this big completely surely?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally finished all the Moxxie arenas last night, shit was boring as hell. Gonna rent this from Gamefly on PS3 so I can play through the main game all over again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gonna take this with a grain of salt, but wouldn't it be nice?

(from the Borderlands 2 page on the Borderlands wiki)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah no one's sure of the date yet. Wikipedia has said it's Sept. 1st for months now, with its source being GameStop...who has April 1st as a date lol.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been hearing september. Wikipedia also had bioshock infinite coming out in June... Not there anymore either.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    September 18th in North America.

2K also announced that fans who pre-order Borderlands 2 from participating retailers will receive access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key, and the Vault Hunter's Relic. The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns to help players begin their journey on Pandora. The Golden Key is an in-game item used to unlock a rare item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2. The Vault Hunter’s Relic is an in-game item that boosts players’ gear-hunting fortune while playing solo or teaming up with friends.