Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah the Mechromancer is free for everyone who pre-orders it, $10 for those that don't...and then there'll be 4 DLC expansions a la the first game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah the Mechromancer is free for everyone who pre-orders it, $10 for those that don't...and then there'll be 4 DLC expansions a la the first game.
    Ah cool. All is well then. Now I just need to finish the first game. So close...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Official site here has been updated with a butt-ton of gameplay videos, weapon specs, etc. etc.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just pre-ordered this. I've never bought a strategy guide before, but this looks cool. I can't remember when the last time I've been so obsessed with a franchise!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Amazon.com emailed me about the deluxe edition. I was sorely tempted but didn't go for it in the end. I did, however, finally preorder the standard edition of the game. I really don't know why it's taken me so long...
    Last edited by Hula; 09-06-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So I finally beat it last night. Did the zombie dlc which was kinda underwhelming. I thought about doing it in the second playthrough, but the required level was 42... So I did in in the first, which was probably a mistake. I just swatted off the zombies AND Ned. Level 36. Zero challenge. Want to the Knoxx one next, but it doesn't seem worth it unless I played in the second playthrough, which would mean I'd have to replay the game just to do it. Meh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Zombie one is pretty easy no matter what playthrough you do it on. But yeah, if you're not gonna do Knoxx on at least the second playthrough then you might as well not bother at this point, the loot won't be worth it on playthrough 1.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Borderlands 2 got a good review from IGN. I really enjoyed the first one and look forward to playing the sequel. I can't believe how fast the ultra loot deluxe version pre-orders sold-out. Now they're listing at $500, and up, on ebay. Crazy! I sprung for the second tier "speical edition" of the game for the DLC, etc. Only one week to go!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just won 1600 ms points on Twitter, that should pretty much seal the deal on getting the season pass. Baller status.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Cool but you're still short 800 MSP, not that it is a big deal.

I have the Season Pass pre-ordered, which gives me the Borderlands 2 soundtrack for free download. So between having the Season pass pre-ordered along with the game I shall be attend the Release Party at my town's Gamestop on Monday at 10:00.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No it's not because I already have points. I was going to get the soundtrack, then I realized it's a video game soundtrack and I'd probably listen to it for 10 minutes and then never again. I believe there's going to be a midnight launch here at a few stores, but screw that...it'll still be there when I get it after work on Tuesday lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    No it's not because I already have points. I was going to get the soundtrack, then I realized it's a video game soundtrack and I'd probably listen to it for 10 minutes and then never again. I believe there's going to be a midnight launch here at a few stores, but screw that...it'll still be there when I get it after work on Tuesday lol.
    Free MSP is always good.

I don't normally go to these parties but fuck it I'm not doing shit Monday night and I'll be damned if I stay home bored, evidently a friend is going so why not join him. I also applied at the same Gamestop and I very well might have the job and be needed there...who knows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Cool but you're still short 800 MSP, not that it is a big deal.

I have the Season Pass pre-ordered, which gives me the Borderlands 2 soundtrack for free download. So between having the Season pass pre-ordered along with the game I shall be attend the Release Party at my town's Gamestop on Monday at 10:00.
    Did you pre-order with Gamestop or elsewhere?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's sooooo good...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Having to wait for the X360 version to be released here in Oz is torture!!!! I want it now!!!!!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    How is it compared to the first one?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Did you pre-order with Gamestop or elsewhere?
    Gamestop.

Got the game last night and free food. I was third in line. Won a box that advertises the game and 3 random game posters (one of which being Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, whoooo hoooo) as well.

Fun times. I'm a level 8 Assassin. Game seems harder than the first but it's so immersive already. I love the Badass Rank.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not even sure what class I'm playing yet. I really liked the Siren class in the first game. But, the assassin looks pretty fun, although I suck at sniping. Didn't get too far with my hunter in the first.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm really tempted to start with the gunzerker but I'm afraid I'll really miss the eventual ammo regen from the commando class mod, or at least I'm assuming the commando will have ammo regen like the soldier did in the first game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I played for about an hour last night, dying to play it again after I'm done with my day. The animations are so SMOOTH. Everything looks fantastic, they really outdid themselves artistically; I always thought the first game was great looking, but it was more or less a unique artsyle covering up a generic wasteland setting, with tons of brown. The first area of BL2 alone blows it away in terms of looks and style.

The writing is also amazing. I don't think I've laughed this much playing a game in a while, I love the characters and dialogue a ton, they really went out of their way to step it up from the static silent NPCs that populated most of the original.
    The guns are fantastic too, the pistols don't sound like shit, and I love that every manufacturer is even more unique, especially style-wise. Each of their guns has a unique aspect to them across all of their weapons (like Tediore's exploding on reload feature) that really helps give character to the weapon selection.

Like I said I'm only about an hour in, but having just come off a playthrough of the first one and having it fresh in my mind, this one is such an improvement already.

Itseems like it is going to be massive.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Good to hear. Can't wait to pick this up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm pumped. After work, and my strata meeting, and bank meeting, and picking up my wife....ITS ON. (for the few hours I'll be able to before more website work) F M L

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Any guys on Xbox I'm friends with (Piko, october or anyone else for that matter): I'm willing and up to playing co-op as no friends I have play with me on this. Really hate flying solo. I'm quite far already but it's ok that I'll backtrack.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah but you're never online.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah but you're never online.
    Me? Never online? Right.....LMAO.

I'm on most fo the day every day usually, it's bad. But no college yet so might as well enjoy the times.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I was joking lol. I get weirded out if I jump on and you're not on haha.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm on my way home now. Going to install it, shower and I'm free to play after. Off tomorrow also. So ik free to co-op.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Me (Maya) and Piko (Zero) hitting it hard.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Any reviews for the PC version of 2?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm keen to do some 360 co-op once my copy arrives (hopefully Friday). GT: XMD5A8000

I'll probably play Siren again in this one since Cataclysm-build Lilith annihilated in the first game. Though the Gunzerker seems interesting too...