Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah the main storyline was pretty easy actually, did it without even dying. Hope the next DLC is a bit harder in terms of bosses. I've resorted to just trying to find all the locations, side quests, and doing Leviathan runs to accumulate money. Almost at 5 million lol.
    Scarlett's pet was so easy to kill. It took like 60 seconds with my one corrosive assault rifle.

If you want someone to help do quests and shite I'll be up to join. Would love to get both achievements.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Finally finished main storyline for the first time (as well as Pirate's Booty). Doing a TVHM run now- want to hit 50 before I look for groups to take on Terramorphous/Hyperius/Master Gee etc. I never managed to have a legitimate fight against Crawmerax in the first game - every group I got into had someone with hacked weapons kill him before I could so much as enter the arena :/ Good for getting powerlevelled, but I want to feel like I'm earning the achievements dammit!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Let me know when you're gonna take on Hyperius. Tried again this morning and he hands me my ass.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Let me know when you're gonna take on Hyperius. Tried again this morning and he hands me my ass.
    I'll help try even though I am a lowly 32 level Assassin.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally hit level 50 this weekend and started the DLC, not real impressed with it so far but it's still Borderlands so it's fun. The god damn Cursed Pirates are a thorn in my side. A friend and I tried Hyperius a couple times, survived for a whole minute one time! That dude is ridiculous, we couldn't even take out a single one of his minions.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Picked up #1 via play station plus. Previously bought on xbox but hated it. Bought on pc last Xmas but never played. Finally clicked. Going to take it slow, then maybe try some dlc. Then maybe sequel.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I can solo his minions easy enough, but once the last one falls he grows to about 100 ft. tall and kills me in one shot.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I take that back. Found a pickup group and we leveled him in under a minute. Then an assassin just drops like a dozen orange and seraph/legendary weapons and gear for me and leaves. Holy shit. A shield with 80,000 capacity and now I'm spec'ed like nuts LOL.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I played and beat Terramorphous with some friends today. I have some sick Level 50 weapons and shields they gave me too. sad thing is I am only a lowly Level 34. Wishing and wanting to get higher quicker but ugh not so easy or fast.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah Terramorphous was easy to solo once I got The Bee. In fact I still use it and my lowly normal Jakobs pistol...dealing out 85-100K per bullet lol. Thinking it may make you a tad OP.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah Terramorphous was easy to solo once I got The Bee. In fact I still use it and my lowly normal Jakobs pistol...dealing out 85-100K per bullet lol. Thinking it may make you a tad OP.
    The stuff I got from my friends gave me a 100k pistol as well. Also an extremely powerful and corrosive sniper rifle. Still need a damn purple mod to get that achievement.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Once you hit 50 they'll start showing up way more often. I've seen at least 4 or 5 now, from Terra, Hyperius, even Hunter Hellquist (where I got The Bee).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I take that back. Found a pickup group and we leveled him in under a minute. Then an assassin just drops like a dozen orange and seraph/legendary weapons and gear for me and leaves. Holy shit. A shield with 80,000 capacity and now I'm spec'ed like nuts LOL.
    Got in a group of 4 last night and we got him down to almost a quarter health once but that was the only time we even got close, you're right about him destroying you if you take out all his minions. We kept trying to leave one or two alive but eventually we would accidentally kill them and he'd get us, or he'd just get us anyway with his ridiculous AOE attack, I can block that with the shield on my turret but it's not always ready to go when he decides to do it. Spent like 30 million in deaths and ammo in a couple hours trying to kill him. Think I need just a little bit better gear and then he should go down. I'm actually not even to that point of the DLC in my own game, have to join my friend's game who's already beaten the story. I think I'm gonna spend some time farming Hunter Hellquist for The Bee, really want to check out that shield to see how absurd it is.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 10-24-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's nuts. I'm trying now to solo the last raid boss Master Gee (he's unfortunately harder than Hyperius and in a smaller area) but once I get back from Seattle I may have to look for a group again.

As for The Bee, it's great but only for bosses, and going for the Amp It Up badass challenge (i just got level 2...gonna be a while lol). It has shit capacity, and takes over 4 seconds to recharge...but recharges in 1/2 a second...which is cool. Also as long as it's fully charged it wrecks shit. To elaborate what I said earlier...I have a good pistol like Space Suicide...but with +56955 amp damage (with no drain), every bullet is doing like 275-300K damage lol. It's pretty OP...but again, lower capacity so it doesn't make you invincible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Oh yeah now that I think about it I do remember seeing that it has crap capacity. My shield capacity is pretty damn good with the one I have plus my skill/badass bonuses, I want to say it's in the high 70k but I can't remember for sure. Still, I want The Bee just to have it, even if it's just to farm bosses for weapons.

Edit: My shield is 57k capacity, I was way off. Anyway I farmed Hunter Hellquist for a little over an hour last night and got The Bee, probably killed him 20-30 times. Then me and a friend farmed The Warrior twice and got the Conference Call, farmed him a couple more times for good measure. Beat the shit out of Terramorphous a couple times with that combo, that shield and shotgun absolutely destroy bosses. Then we decided to take another stab at Hyperious with The Bee and this SMG we have that does a little over 6k damage. We got him down to halfway once with just the two of us but then two other people joined our game and we took him out the third time we tried with a full team. He didn't drop anything good gear-wise except for the Seraph Crystals, farming him and Master Gee for enough of those to buy all the shit from that special vending machine will take forever.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 10-25-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Exclamation

Pretty much sounds like what I did haha. As a fair warning, I have a bunch of crystals and a few weapons...there are only a handful of things to buy with them and they're not even really as good as the gear I already have. Also Master Gee is a prick lol.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    OP? Overpowered?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Pretty much sounds like what I did haha. As a fair warning, I have a bunch of crystals and a few weapons...there are only a handful of things to buy with them and they're not even really as good as the gear I already have. Also Master Gee is a prick lol.
    That's what I hear. Haven't managed to beat Hyperious again, I did the rock glitch for Master Gee but it froze when he died. Apparently that happens 50% of the time when you kill him, lame. I just want to beat him once so I can turn in the mission. The only thing I saw in the crystal store that I would want was the SMG that looked pretty bad ass, could do without everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    OP? Overpowered?
    Yes

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Master Gee was a pig to beat, that's for sure. The group I was in took a few tries to kill him and when we did he dropped like 4 Seraph crystals...whoopie ding. I actually have the Seraph SMG and the weapon I had from a golden key was already better than it lol. Now I'm just doing Warrior runs (with The Bee and a Conf. Call shotgun you can solo him in about 15-20 seconds) and leveling my Mechromancer to up the badass rank until the DLC drops haha...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah The Bee and Conf. Call destroys The Warrior. I think I'm gonna resort to farming him for the Tediore relic that adds 70% magazine size and 30% damage cause apparently using that with the Baby Maker wrecks Hyperious in under a minute.

Edit: Farmed The Warrior and Terra for hours and never got that damn relic. Me and a friend tried Master Gee again last night, got three acid fountains in him then I hid behind the rock taking pot shots at him while my Assassin buddy ran around in the arena. He ended up dying, then there were a billion sand worms that blinked in and out of existence along with Master Gee. Then when he had about a quarter health left everyone completely vanished. Pretty lame that Gearbox made an "invincible" boss that is so damn glitchy.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 10-31-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ok, bad ass rank

mine is 6419 as of this post.

i got the game on 10.01, so ive had it just a month now. assassin is my main man at level 31 and im almost done with my first playthru

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For anyone who didn't see, Gearbox is giving away free 'Halloween' skins for all characters. They just look like yellow/black bee stripes, but hey free is free. All are SHiFT codes and good for 4 days:

Maya
    PC SHiFT Code: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Salvador
    PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

Axton
    PC SHiFT Code: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

Zer0
    PC SHiFT Code: 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C

Gaige
    PC SHiFT Code: W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJWTB-FZK5T-TKKWT-ZJ5B3-X56B9

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    For anyone who didn't see, Gearbox is giving away free 'Halloween' skins for all characters. They just look like yellow/black bee stripes, but hey free is free. All are SHiFT codes and good for 4 days:

Maya
    PC SHiFT Code: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Salvador
    PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

Axton
    PC SHiFT Code: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

Zer0
    PC SHiFT Code: 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C

Gaige
    PC SHiFT Code: W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJWTB-FZK5T-TKKWT-ZJ5B3-X56B9

I was just about to post these. You beat me to it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Between the Warrior and Terra I've spent at least 10 hours farming for that damn Tediore relic I'm looking for, Terra dropped a couple purples last night that got me all excited but they weren't the one I'm trying to get. At this point I'm gonna keep farming until I get it just out of principle.

Edit: Got Terra to drop a purple Tediore relic with +30% damage but I'm looking for the one that has that with +70% magazine size as well, son of a bitch!
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 11-13-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Not sure that I like the sounds of the new DLC, sounds like a good amount of arena fighting which is something the Underdome DLC ruined for me in the first one. I haven't even gone through all five rounds in one of the circle of slaughters in the main game. I finally got someone to dupe that 70/30 Tediore relic for me after farming Terra for fucking hours and hours, me and a buddy can take down Hyperious no problem now. I still have so much to do in this game and these DLCs are just piling it on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mr. Torgue's Twitter account just sent out more golden key SHiFT codes.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sounds like Gearbox got the guy from POWERTHIRST to be the voice of Torgue!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That trailer is bad ass. Glad there's only one raid boss in this DLC, I still haven't beaten Master Gee.