Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Did your friends try entering it from the in-game menu --> Extras --> Shift and then the X button to enter a code? Simply because I was able to score one 3 hours after he posted it, and last night at about 7pm PST my friend Jonny was still able to get one as well. Not sure when your friends tried, just sayin'...he'll post more no doubt. They're trying to put the Shift code system through the ringer to test its stability.
    Yeah they did it in-game. I didn't realize the code was from yesterday and they just tried it this morning so it makes sense that the code was used up. I'm gonna keep an eye on his twitter from now on for more codes.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 09-25-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Playing through the game with matchmaking co-op and fucking shit this is hard. These loaders are such bullet wasters. Ugh.

Just finished "The Man Who Would Be Jack" mission.

Thanks for the code heads up, october. I got another key! Huzzah!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm only like 9 hours in but I am very much enjoying this game. I only put in like 25 hours into the first one but it made me dizzy and there was something missing (most of the time I put into it I put in last week). Regardless, I decided to get the second one for the PC and am loving this game SO much more. The accuracy of the mouse is phenomenally important in this game. I don't really have anyone on PC to play with (did not really play the console with anyone either) but I think this second one works better for those of us who are soloing. I started favoring sniper in #1 so I went with Zer0 in #2. The more I play, the more I think Zer0 is one of the best classes to play while soloing, Axton perhaps has an edge but I played the turret guy in the first game. The sniping is phenomenal and the overall level design really allows for snipers to feel like they are not just "cheating" by being way out in the back. The gun drops really help but what I feel is even better are the ammo drops. I don't feel as frustrated with empty ammo clips anymore, though I do run out of sniper ammo every now and again.

On level design, I am just blown away. The sense of awe and wonder is still there but it feels more tangible. Something is just better. ​The snow levels are a great change-up too (never ran into snow in my brief playthrough of #1). This game very much feels like Uncharcter 2 or Empire Strikes Back. The darker tone, with the player not having to be briefed on the stakes, really allows for some fantastic storytelling. I'm also a HUGE fan of Anthony Burch and his writing is fantastic throughout.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Managed to score one of the 1,000 codes today for 5 golden keys...noice.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I had Twitter open and was ready to quit to SHiFT as soon as I saw the codes pop up, but I was too wrapped up in playing the game and missed out. They all disappeared within 14 minutes :/

Not going to miss out this time. Got the SHiFT entry screen ready and keeping my eyes as glued to Twitter as possible for the second round.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whew, managed to score one of the 5 key codes...they were gone within seconds holy shit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So pissed off... Typed the 360 code out in like 10 seconds of it being released but my SHiFT connection timed out or something when I hit submit. By the time I typed it back out they were all gone. :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Whew, managed to score one of the 5 key codes...they were gone within seconds holy shit.
    Yeah that's fucking goddamn bullshit. I wasn't even 30 seconds after it posted when I typed it and it said Invalid. Fuck off (not you just the vultures of this crap).

He said a massive code redemption this weekend. We'll see.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Is anyone else having this game glitch out on them? I've had it happen twice now where I either can't even see loot in chests/laying on the ground or just can't pick anything up. Last night I also couldn't equip/swap weapons in my damn inventory. The other time it happened quitting out to the menu and coming back in fixed it, I was pretty much done playing last night anyway so I just gave up but it's pissing me off. I've been playing with the same person both times it's happened and it didn't happen to them.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Is anyone else having this game glitch out on them? I've had it happen twice now where I either can't even see loot in chests/laying on the ground or just can't pick anything up. Last night I also couldn't equip/swap weapons in my damn inventory. The other time it happened quitting out to the menu and coming back in fixed it, I was pretty much done playing last night anyway so I just gave up but it's pissing me off. I've been playing with the same person both times it's happened and it didn't happen to them.
    I have not. What are you playing on, 360?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah 360. The first time it happened was after we beat the final boss, I couldn't see any of the loot on the ground and the colors of the level were all fucked up. I have the game installed to my hard drive, it happening once didn't seem like that big of a deal but if it's going to happen all the time that's pretty shitty.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just beat the main storyline at about halfway to level 34. Gonna try to get to level 50 before Dishonored drops on the 9th, and thinking of using one or two of the golden keys sooner than later...not much of a point to get to max 50 and then use them only to get guns that I don't even really like to fight bosses that won't give any more xp anyways.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    So the loot not appearing happened again last night along with a new glitch, I couldn't see any of the damn enemies. Do you think clearing the system cache on my 360 would help this at all? I've never done that before and not real clear on what it does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    borderlands 2 game of the year. fuck mass effect

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just a heads up, they're giving golden keys out like crazy now, I got 2 yesterday and another went up 30 min ago and is good for another 90 minutes.

Currently level 37 so had to use a key just to see what'd happen. Got a rocket launcher that does over 29000 damage. Four hits and a boss (even now in Vault Hunter mode) is finished.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just a heads up, they're giving golden keys out like crazy now, I got 2 yesterday and another went up 30 min ago and is good for another 90 minutes.

Currently level 37 so had to use a key just to see what'd happen. Got a rocket launcher that does over 29000 damage. Four hits and a boss (even now in Vault Hunter mode) is finished.
    Edit: nm. Googled it.
    Last edited by Piko; 09-29-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Google is the friend I underestimate

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah and yet I have not gotten a code besides the first you posted. I wasn't home and missed the last code and ones previous I was unlucky to get them to work for me.

Then there's people like you, october, that have gotten loads. Just is massively terrible.

I HATE my luck.

I haven't even beaten this game yet. Find myself playing other stuff here and there.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Edit: nm. Googled it.
    Oh yeah shit I guess I could've said where to get them, duh. My bad.

@duvalmagic on Twitter for anyone else.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I unlocked a new skin and damn is it awesome. It's white and purple and it's got the corresponding locations for matching my fave Dragonball Z character Frieza. It's rather excellent. Gonna keep it that forever now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally was able to get one of the codes from Twitter. Put me up to 3 golden keys so I used one yesterday at level 37, got two pretty bad ass SMGs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    New codes put up 47 minutes ago:
    WinPC: KJK33-XFZ6H-F3BBT-3BBJJ-WTXR6 -PS3: KTKJT-Z3K9B-FS35T-S35T3-BBKXC -X360: CT5BT-6BCKX-B6F3X-KXTTB-WXHH5

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Even more codes, these good for another 2 hours (until 6pm PST)

WinPC: 5TW33-SRZFH-63J33-BJ3TJ-FXF9F
    PS3: KJCBT-3WCZT-FH3CT-S3CBJ-W3FT6
    X360: KTKJT-Z3K5F-BR63X-K63T3-BBK66

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Why don't they just upload 5 Golden Key codes for a 4 hour interval instead of these random ass times where some can't get them. Would be easier methinks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    They're testing it at different times for different continents to test stress load. Plus, it's them just giving free shit away. Should see the shit Randy is getting flung at him on Twitter by morons who feel entitled to the world.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I've been nabbing all of the 2 hour codes I can get, hoping to grab some purple Class Mods and/or Relics to get the all slots purple achievement. No such luck thus far...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck man, a purple relic is all I need for that achievement lol. Vault Hunter Mode gets you purple and higher class mods like a motherfucker, but relics are rare as fuck apparently.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm swimming in so many purple grenade mods it's not funny. Sucks, because I rarely ever use grenades. Phaselock + Corrosive Ammo SMG + Explosive Ammo Shotgun + Phoenix ability + Spike Shield is really enough killing power, let alone the 5 or so overpowered rocket launchers I've got sitting around.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fuck man, a purple relic is all I need for that achievement lol. Vault Hunter Mode gets you purple and higher class mods like a motherfucker, but relics are rare as fuck apparently.
    Same for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All my gold chest opens have given me shields. Granted the one I stuck with was from it, it replenishes in a second (literally) and was better than my previous one. I also got an Orange rapid fire pistol from the slot machine, it has unlimited ammo, corrosive damage, and shoots really fast; it's now my main weapon.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Not sure if it's been discussed here already or not, but did anyone else notice the music that gets played out in Friendship Gulag sounds a lot like the opening to TPD?