Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Care to party up and do the circle of slaughter achievement sometime? I don't feel like doing it solo, boring shit.
    Yeah I'm up for that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Even more DLC incoming...

The new DLC pack, the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2, will add 11 extra levels to the current player cap, and a new Digistruct Peak Challenge. The pack will also allow players to "over level" the game to make content more difficult for advanced players. No specific release date was given, but Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford confirmed that the pack will be out sometime before October 31 this year. The pack will not be included in the current season pass, and will cost $5. No previous DLC will be required to play.

A planned free update to Borderlands 2 is also set to increase the maximum amount of ammo players can carry, enhance the total number of available bank slots, and boost inventory capacity. All upgrades can be purchased using Eridium, the in-game upgrade resource.

The team also revealed upcoming DLC pack, T.K Baha’s Bloody Harvest. The content will include throwbacks to The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC released for the original Borderlands. The pack will conclude with a boss battle against pumpkin creature, Jacques O’Lantern.

Pitchford confirmed that while some DLC has been in development since Borderlands 2 went on sale, beyond today's announcement, the team is aiming to release one or two more packs in the future.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My only question is did they outsource this dlc (like captian scarlet, tourge and the hammerlock ones) or did they actually develop this themselfs? Because there is a MASSIVE difference in quality between them.

Also, its pretty shitty that Pitchford admitted that they have had dlc in development since the game came out, yet the dump those shitty outsourced dlcs on people that paid upfront for the season pass, so they could rush the shit to market. Dint Captain Scarlets come out less than a month after the actual game came out? CASH GRAB The only thing i use the first 3 DLCs for are the Sandhawk, farming for Tourge Tokens for DP Unkempt Harolds, and the final armory in Hammerlocks for loot boosting. Pretty worthless IMO...

Not suprising, since this is the company that tried to pass off pre-development rendered footage, as actual in game, in engine footage with Aliens Colonial Marines.

I really want to love this game, I really do. My experiences have either been really positive, or just plain horrible with this game. As for this DLC, ill wait till it goes on sale (like the Psycho class, half off a couple weeks ago.)

Also, as for the Tiny Tina dlc, ive stared playing it, and its really really good. The music reminds me of something fromthe Elder Scrolls, and as much as i cant stand Tina herself, its cool that the game just changes whenever she feels like it. Its a shame that the first three DLCs arent this good.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Guess my season pass is null now. Cool. Looks Like I'm going to have to drop another $20.00 on this game before it's all said and done.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wish Gearbox would just go the route of Treyarch or Bungie, and just become a one franchise studio. When they release these POS games that do nothing but flop, then they have to turn around a milk more money out of the games that are doing well, so they can pay the bills. I understand they have to make a profit to stay in business, but come on guys!

edit: so its just not a total bitch fest here, i do like the upcoming upgrades though. more ammo capicaty and backpack slots are always welcome. i hope its more than just one this time for the ammo, 200 shotgun rounds are still not enuf!

also, whats this with "overleveling" the game to make it more challenging?
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 07-20-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It would be pretty easy to uhh, just not....buy it. I didn't pay for that psycho DLC and I'm getting through life pretty well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    It would be pretty easy to uhh, just not....buy it. I didn't pay for that psycho DLC and I'm getting through life pretty well.
    I'm going to buy the actual game DLCs. I'm not wasting my time or money on another level cap which SHOULD be free or with an actual DLC and not a standalone release. I didn't and am not going to waste money on the Psycho class either.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Dude, i thought the same thing until i picked it up....

Now i dont know how I managed!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm fucking loving the Psycho class right now, actually, it got me back into playing this game again. Stoked to hear there's more DLC coming! I don't understand why so many people seem upset that the season passes are used up now though. It's not a "free DLC for life" pass. If you buy season tickets to see a sports team you can't come back and use the same ticket next year. Plus I think I got more than my moneys worth out of it.

I don't see what the big deal is about paying for the level cap increase, either. Is it just $5 like the last one? That's like, 2 cups of coffee. Considering how much game time you'll get out of leveling up to 72, it's probably only costing you a small handful of pennies per hour.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 07-31-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Uhhhhhh....this I like!

No clue when but Borderlands 2 to be on PS Vita.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    They're debuting the new DLC at PAX next weekend too, apparently. Trying to grind my Psycho up to 61 now before that and the level cap raise come out, still having tons of fun with this guy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fuck the level cap, which shouldn't have to be paid for.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...loody-harvest/

However, I am excited for the TK Baha Bloody Harvest DLC slated for an October release. Perfect for Halloween!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the sept 14 community day is besides online interviewers with developers and some skins?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    8 keys up today. For regular key news,
    http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Finally started to play borderlands 2. Probably won't play any dlc unless they're in a good sale sometime (same for borderlands 1 for that matter). I know they're good but I play solo and don't feed that many hours into games. Considering how hardcore you guys are I'm just glad there's still something for the casual gamer.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The next Borderlands game is officially Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (link has gameplay videos, cover, etc)

- Fall 2014
    - Sequel to Borderlands and prequel to Borderlands 2
    - Story is about Handsome Jack's rise to power
    - Pre-gen systems only
    - 4 playable character...all seen before, Wilhelm, Athena, Nisha, and Claptrap (!)
    - Developed by 2K Australia, NOT Gearbox

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't like that Gearbox isn't full-on developing it but who am I kidding, I'm going to play the shit out of this game. The playable characters are pretty awesome, especially Claptrap, that's gonna be ridiculous. Handsome Jack is a great character so I'm definitely looking forward to the story of his rise to power and we finally get to fuck around on the moon and the Hyperion base.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It'll be a copy paste of Borderlands 2. I like the series but unsure about this one.

I'm burned out on Borderlands after the second game but there's enough change here to warrant a purchase. I'd play as Claptrap, as would 90% of the population that is gonna get this game so....kinda bland when I think about it.

As for other details, I find it LAUGHABLE this is for only 360, PS3 and PC. They missed the mark by not automatically including it on 8th gen systems. Unless, they wanna cop out and squeeze sales/numbers by releasing a port for 8th gen systems a year or so later. So I am skeptical if I am even going to bother.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how this game end up being and will 2K Australia bring anything new to the series. Saying that, I'm actually not bothered by the fact that gearbox isn't developing this one, because 2K Australia (was 2K Marin before) has been involved in development of much better games than gearbox. They made Bioshock 2 and they have been part of developing Bioshock 1 and Infinite for example and lately besides borderlands gearbox hasn't really made anything worthwhile.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    ately besides borderlands gearbox hasn't really made anything worthwhile.
    Aliens: Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever, not that you meant worthwhile in good.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Duke Nukem was fucking horrendous....and this is coming from the guy who only spent $3.99 on a used copy

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Aliens: Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever, not that you meant worthwhile in good.
    I really didn’t enjoy those games, not that they didn’t have the potential to be good, but somewhere in the development they just went wrong. The problem with Duke Nukem was that it was in development too long and had too many different studios making it, so it kind of ended up to be this mess and I’m not really blaming Gearbox for this one. You really have to wonder what happened in the development of Aliens, the work in progress/demo footage from 2012 looks much better than the final product. The biggest problems of the game in my opinion is the AI which is just horrible, plot and it really doesn’t feel like aliens game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...el-to-next-gen

They announced the collection, includes the 2nd and Pre-Sequel games. If it included all 3 I might've been more enticed to get it but I doubt I will, I played the 2nd for more hours than I care to admit and the Pre-Sequel isn't all that great. I might get it eventually if the price goes way down.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Randy Pitchford's answer: "We don't know. Maybe if you come back to our panel at 5pm CT tomorrow, we'll have more than that."

The question?

"When or if can we expect any news about Borderlands 3?"

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    it's kind of weird that Gearbox's record consists only of decent Borderlands games and then legendarily awful shit. It's odd... they have this one series that most people like or at least admit that it's pretty good... and then they have awful horrible stuff and nothing but awful horrible stuff. And it's not just bad, it's stuff that's SO bad it's known for being bad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    it's kind of weird that Gearbox's record consists only of decent Borderlands games and then legendarily awful shit. It's odd... they have this one series that most people like or at least admit that it's pretty good... and then they have awful horrible stuff and nothing but awful horrible stuff. And it's not just bad, it's stuff that's SO bad it's known for being bad.
    Gearbox's only claim to fame is Borderlands. Every other game they've made or been attached to has been mediocre or a complete flop.

I honestly am not buying this re-vomit of 2 and Pre-Sequel. Why? I liked the second and played it a fair amount but it's a game I don't find myself ever wanting to revisit.

Pre-Sequel looks like boring dreck with a new paint splashed on it. it easily could've worked as a 20.00 or 30.00 DLC add-on to 2, not a full fledged release. What makes it even more hilarious is the utter refusal they had in releasing it on PS4/Xbox One when it originally released to only re-release it now like I know they would've. Unfortunately for them, they bit the hand that feeds since I slightly recall an interview of them stating it would never see PS4 of Xbox One consoles. Now it is? Liars. Not the first time Gearbox has lied about something either.

I'm done with Borderlands. Only other game that might interest me is Borderlands 3. ONLY if it is something shit your pants amazing or different. Otherwise, I think I'll pass.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    lol yeah right.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    lol yeah right.
    You wouldn't know anyways if I did or didn't since you deleted me from your friends list, broski.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've only played Borderlands 2 and thought it was ok, there was stuff I liked about the game but also things I didn't like. Haven't heard too many positive things about the sequel but maybe later on I'd be willing to get the new Gen version of them, I have the Tell Tale game (got it on sale a few weeks back) which I heard is good but I am waiting for all episodes to release before I touch it.

BL 3 is happening GB has beat around the bush for a while since they are working on some MOBA or something but like all you say lets face it BL is GB's money maker. I'd be willing to check out a third BL but I gotta see what they are offering before biting. Like I said I liked BL 2 and it is the only I have played but I thought it was ok nothing that blew my mind or hyped as some people made it/make it out to be.