Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    How on Earth do you guys get Legendaries and Pearlescent items to drop? I've tried so many, many times and never get a thing. Discouraging, I know they are supposed to be rare but I've never gotten shit. At all. Ever. On Bee drop against Terramorphous, that's it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Pearlescents only drop in ultimate vault hunter mode, if you have it. Legendaries are luck of the draw pretty much, some bosses/mini-bosses have better drop rates than others but you definitely have to farm a lot. In my experience Terra sucks for drops, I don't even bother with him anymore. I got a lot from Pete in TVHM, a lot from chests too. I've sunk a shitload of time into this game though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Pearlescents only drop in ultimate vault hunter mode, if you have it. Legendaries are luck of the draw pretty much, some bosses/mini-bosses have better drop rates than others but you definitely have to farm a lot. In my experience Terra sucks for drops, I don't even bother with him anymore

I have UVHM but haven't dived into it much. Not actively seeking to beat game a third time and alone again for that matter. You or someone else invited me I'd be game. I'm still level 50.

Regardless, I still never got shit like ever from anyone.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Ok in UVHM a good way to get that stuff is to farm the legendary loot midgets that pop out of lootable containers. They are kind of a pain the ass to kill but they have a higher chance to drop legendaries and pearlescents than any other enemy. You do have to get through like at least half the story to get to Good farming spots though. It's tough playing co-op in UVHM cause enemies scale to the highest level player in the party. Think they did that so people can't breeze through by inviting a higher level player. I can give you some norfleets and a 94% Sham so you can shamfleet you're way through it if you want, that's what I did for a lot of it
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 05-01-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ok in UVHM a good way to get that stuff is to farm the legendary loot midgets that pop out of lootable containers. They are kind of a pain the ass to kill but they have a higher chance to drop legendaries and pearlescents than any other enemy. You do have to get through like at least half the story to get to Good farming spots though. It's tough playing co-op in UVHM cause enemies scale to the highest level player in the party. Think they did that so people can't breeze through by inviting a higher level player. I can give you some norfleets and a 94% Sham so you can shamfleet you're way through it if you want, that's what I did for a lot of it
    I see, I wouldn't mind that if you don't.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Difinetely, shoot me a message next you see I'm playing this

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Difinetely, shoot me a message next you see I'm playing this
    Will do, I'm playing it more frequently again as the girlfriend got herself a copy. Hopefully items you got work for me at level 50.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Yep I transferred all my level 50 stuff to an offline mule. You can shamfleet through pretty much all of UVHM with level 50 norfleets and sham. Cheap way to play it but playing the same missions over and over again gets old real fast

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I guess the fanbase and dev team really likes Tiny Tina. I'm fine with that as well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    She gets all kinds of hate on the Gearbox forums which I don't really understand, she's pretty funny. She's not even in the game enough to get annoying. Pumped for the new DLC to come out, give me some new stuff to do.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Overpriced. If it wasn't 800 MSP, I might've spent money to get it. Would be cool to play as him and have all characters but I am opposed to any game developer that sells one character for rip off prices. Fighting games are especially bad at doing it.

Besides, I've beaten Borderlands 2 several times. Don't want to again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Yeah Krieg looks cool but no way I'm paying ten bucks to play through the game again, I've done that enough times. I am looking forward to the fourth DLC though, sounding pretty cool

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tiny Tina DLC - June 25th. The biggest Borderlands DLC ever apparently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey dudes, anyone playing still playing BL2 on PC? I play this with friends but I can always use more people to play with. I'm "caldrax" on steam.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'll add you next time I'm online but I'm giving it a bit of a rest until the new DLC comes out

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New DLC is amusing thus far But I'm stuck and have wasted over $1,000,000 due to having to be revived. One part has a floor puzzle that I cannot fucking figure out. No videos are up on Youtube yet either. Guess I wait.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The ending of the DLC was pretty great...pretty funny and it actually wrapped up the entire storyline of the games entirely. I'd be happy if there never was a BL3 to be honest. It was quite a bitch getting through the end section alone as they kept sticking you in big rooms with just wave after wave after wave of equal level mobs...final boss was fairly easy I guess.

Spoiler: I loved the return of Bloodwing and Butt Stallion...awesome shit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The ending of the DLC was pretty great...pretty funny and it actually wrapped up the entire storyline of the games entirely. I'd be happy if there never was a BL3 to be honest. It was quite a bitch getting through the end section alone as they kept sticking you in big rooms with just wave after wave after wave of equal level mobs...final boss was fairly easy I guess.

Spoiler: How'd you get past the fucking dungeon floor platform part?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Spoiler: How'd you get past the fucking dungeon floor platform part?
    Spoiler: Pretty easy...just have to time it, and let's say the platforms in order are 1, 2, 3 (nearest to you, middle, furthest)...there is a bit of room to go on to 1 as it's coming down, if 2 is up, walk forward off of 1, and then back up a bit (so you're under 1 - and would be crushed if it came back down)...2 comes down, jump on to it, and so on.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Pretty easy...just have to time it, and let's say the platforms in order are 1, 2, 3 (nearest to you, middle, furthest)...there is a bit of room to go on to 1 as it's coming down, if 2 is up, walk forward off of 1, and then back up a bit (so you're under 1 - and would be crushed if it came back down)...2 comes down, jump on to it, and so on.
    Thanks, did the fucking shit on the first try after your post.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Took me about 3 or 4 tries too lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I only did this on normal but I must say, I completely destroyed the Raid Bosses on this DLC solo and in two tries. Fun too.

I have all the achievements minus the Circle of Slaughter related one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

You pretty much summed it up perfectly. The ending was great

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    You know, i havent touched Borderlands since I lost all my skins/heads/badass points with one of their patches. I have the season pass too, but I CANT FUCKING STAND TINY TINA. Stupidist charceter in a video game since Cicero in Skyrim. Maybe if I was younger, i would find her funny. But to me she is just plain childish and really detracts from the game. With that being said, it might be awhile before i redeem my download.

That and i still have a bitter taste in my mouth about this whole game in general. I mean, the quality of the 3 previous dlcs and the fact that gearbox outsourced them, tells me they really dont give a shit about the end result. And the fact that they had the balls to charge 10 bucks for the Mecromancer/Psycho classes regardless if you have the season pass or not. Yes i know the bar was set really high when it comes to DLC because of the first Borderlands, but these dint even come close to any of those! garbage!! 3 quests in the main story line of Hammerlocks? Barley any new weapons? Bosses that MAKE you play co-op or use "broken" weapons to beat? Re-skinned enemies galore? Fuck that shit!!!

I doubt ill ever get another Season Pass again and ill approach anything of Gearboxes with extream caution in the future (ive already attempted to play the abominations that are Aliens:colonial marines and Duke Nukem Forever.

Sory for the rant guys, but ive been pissed off and dissapointed by this game for awhile now. I do feel better now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Bosses that MAKE you play co-op or use "broken" weapons to beat?
    I've only ever thought of it as being as bad as that boss in Final Fantasy XI that even with a huge team you probably won't win.

It's interesting to read your thoughts as to be honest I think I liked the DLC in this game better than in the first game. Maybe I'm just still bitter because I paid for a DLC in BL1 where I had to sit through wave after wave of enemy only to realise I had to switch off and go to work and lose my progress. Eh. Haven't touched it since.

How have you found the game as a whole, season pass notwithstanding? I feel like so much went into the gameplay and missions that it's almost hard to keep track of where the storyline is taking me but it was better than the first game in the sense that I didn't even pay attention to whatever minimalistic plot there was in it.

Edit: Also, thanks to everyone for still hiding spoilers! It's always a shame to not be able to comment in a thread about a game as a whole for fear of having DLC spoiled for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    You know, i havent touched Borderlands since I lost all my skins/heads/badass points with one of their patches. I have the season pass too, but I CANT FUCKING STAND TINY TINA. Stupidist charceter in a video game since Cicero in Skyrim. Maybe if I was younger, i would find her funny. But to me she is just plain childish and really detracts from the game. With that being said, it might be awhile before i redeem my download.

That and i still have a bitter taste in my mouth about this whole game in general. I mean, the quality of the 3 previous dlcs and the fact that gearbox outsourced them, tells me they really dont give a shit about the end result. And the fact that they had the balls to charge 10 bucks for the Mecromancer/Psycho classes regardless if you have the season pass or not. Yes i know the bar was set really high when it comes to DLC because of the first Borderlands, but these dint even come close to any of those! garbage!! 3 quests in the main story line of Hammerlocks? Barley any new weapons? Bosses that MAKE you play co-op or use "broken" weapons to beat? Re-skinned enemies galore? Fuck that shit!!!

I doubt ill ever get another Season Pass again and ill approach anything of Gearboxes with extream caution in the future (ive already attempted to play the abominations that are Aliens:colonial marines and Duke Nukem Forever.

Sory for the rant guys, but ive been pissed off and dissapointed by this game for awhile now. I do feel better now
    dude what really pisses me off about blandz2 is the fact there are significantly LESS guns in it than the fucking first one. Like, there were elemental revolvers in the first one and they were AMAZING. Second one rolls around, THEY'RE GONE. AND NOT TO MENTION THE INVISIBLE FUCKING STABILITY STAT. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW "ACCURATE" YOUR GUN SAYS IT IS BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS SWAYING ALL OVER THE PLACE. 99% of the guns in that game would be so much better if they didn't add that shit in. also the fucking drops in that game are still horrendous as all hell.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i've done so much farming, with or without friends, and it seems like the rarest stuff i get on any sort of regular basis are e-tech guns appropriate for my level. and i'm rocking a level 61 Psycho. i even tried using the vault hunter's relic to help a tiny bit, but nothing really seems to work. which is tough considering that the psycho is one of the few character builds that can solo the boss enemies (not the raid bosses, the regular ones like the warrior) and none of them ever seem to drop legendaries. the only pearlescent i've ever gotten came from someone else in a trade. never saw one in any of my own games. yet, i remember in the first game that legendaries would show up in the gun machines now and again. they were rare, but they seemed to be a lot more likely to find.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 06-30-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Borderlands!

Yeah I've done a ton of farming as well. All of the characters can solo the game bosses, some are just easier than others. Bunker is a joke with a DP Harold. I just ran through Dragon Keep on normal to clean up achievements, I don't feel like fucking with the raid boss on UVHM, had a blast playing through the rest on it though. After that ill be done with this game

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah I've done a ton of farming as well. All of the characters can solo the game bosses, some are just easier than others. Bunker is a joke with a DP Harold. I just ran through Dragon Keep on normal to clean up achievements, I don't feel like fucking with the raid boss on UVHM, had a blast playing through the rest on it though. After that ill be done with this game
    Care to party up and do the circle of slaughter achievement sometime? I don't feel like doing it solo, boring shit.