Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Who would be the "Rick" in this group/show? Does it even have one yet or is it supposed to be Madison? i don't really mean in terms of character i guess just focus/staying power.

As much as i hate to take anything away from a leading lady i can't say i give two shits about that character, honestly it's either Strand, Nick or that Salazar guy, i guess we can't have any Michonne types right out of the gate lol but yeah...

I mean i guess they're all malleable characters, they're going to go through all kinds of shit and it's early days yet i just don't know if I'll ever care much about her as a leader.

Would they Carolize her? i don't know.. perhaps.

She reminds me of Andrea, i hated Andrea.
    I can't stand the Madison character. Totally annoying actress, and stupid to boot.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I loved her on Treme. Her character is fucking insufferable on here though.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Ok, I've got lots of questions about tonight's episode:

- Thomas was bitten on the arm - why didn't he chop his arm off to stop the spread of infection like Hershel's leg?

- Why did the old Mexican guy (I always forget his name) throw that owl pendant into the ocean and not give it to the dude's mother? Did he know something about it?

- What is that fucking owl thing and why is it engraved in a tree?

- Why did the old woman say that he doesn't need to apologise for her son because he wasn't shot in the head? What relevance does that have?

- I'm kind of confused about the whole Strand and going to Mexico thing. What was it all about? How did he know to plan to go to Mexico? Who were those people that shot at them before they arrived? EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME LIKE I'M FIVE PLEASE!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    - oh and why did she poison all those people?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Ok, I've got lots of questions about tonight's episode:

- Thomas was bitten on the arm - why didn't he chop his arm off to stop the spread of infection like Hershel's leg?

- Why did the old Mexican guy (I always forget his name) throw that owl pendant into the ocean and not give it to the dude's mother? Did he know something about it?

- What is that fucking owl thing and why is it engraved in a tree?

- Why did the old woman say that he doesn't need to apologise for her son because he wasn't shot in the head? What relevance does that have?

- I'm kind of confused about the whole Strand and going to Mexico thing. What was it all about? How did he know to plan to go to Mexico? Who were those people that shot at them before they arrived? EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME LIKE I'M FIVE PLEASE!

-Because they haven't seen The Walking Dead and don't know how that shit works.

-See below

-See below

-Had he been shot in the head, he'd be for real dead. She seems to think they are something other than reanimated corpses.

-Strand's man and his family have a compound there. When shit hit the fan, they probably planned on meeting up there. I think they mentioned the Mexican military shooting at that.

-As far as I can tell, the lady is part of some crazy death cult. The villagers were going to try to stop whatever the fuck it is she does but got poisoned before they could. The old dude knows something, obviously.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Still, he should've improvised and cut it off, dayum son. And why does he maintain his Scottish accent when his background and mother are Mexican? Lolwut

So his mom is going to despise Strand now for not eating the poisoned bread and for shooting her son in the head.

Also, fuck Chris. He reminds me of Forest Whitaker with those lazy eyes.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Man I hate this show but I can't stop watching it

Nick, wtf?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I still hate Chris after tonight's episode.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    dropped this shit after they had the gaul to have a "mid-season break" on what I already felt was a mostly garbage spinoff with little buzz that just annoyed me every week. I wanted almost every character to die. I was only watching out of some silly loyalty to the brand. Great decision if I do say so myself.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i guess i'm in the minority here, but i'm fucking loving it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, FUCK CHRIS!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, FUCK CHRIS!
    but are you digging the show? everyone seems to hate it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    but are you digging the show? everyone seems to hate it.
    Oh yeah I dig it a lot more now. I thought this most recent episode was one of if not the best.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It's not the worst thing on television. It's the pacing that drives me nuts with this show. Very long sequences that could all be cut a minute and a half short, awkward pauses in the middle of dialogue, and the characters are all so one dimensional it makes you not give a shit about any of them. Nick is the only character that doesn't really annoy me. He seems to be the only character that has really changed and has shown some sort of intrigue next to the others. Chris is a character that I could not stand, and I still cannot stand, but what doesn't bother me about him is that he has a gritty side to him (Sort of) and just doesn't give a fuck lol. I feel like he is very expendable though... I can totally see him finding a way to get along with everyone again and then BOOM! Gets bitten in some stupid way. I'll still continue to watch, but this season has been a major drag.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Anyone seen that fan theory on YT speculating that the FTWD folks will become the whisperers? Since Nick already always covers himself in zombie blood and shit all the time.

Do you think the producers would go down that route and that's how the two shows end up crossing paths?

Last edited by Ryan; 05-20-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @thelastdisciple brings up a good point: who is the "rick" of this show? And the answer, I'm afraid, is that there isn't one.
    And shows without a strong protagonist get cancelled.
    I'm loving this show, but I know I'm in the minority. Hopefully they have realized that they are pissing away a built in, rabid fan base and decide who's in charge.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well I didn't see that death coming.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Well I didn't see that death coming.
    yeah and now Madison is the "rick."

So the first episode was fucking great, but I felt like parts of this last one suffered from achingly bad writing .
    They have a fucking built in audience of millions of people. Why don't they try a little harder?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Apparently the next episode is about Daniel and is all in Spanish.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Apparently the next episode is about Daniel and is all in Spanish.
    that's okay I guess, as long as it's good, but that's another problem: I feel like this show REALLY needs to find its focus or people aren't gonna keep watching it.
    Like I'm one of the people defending the show and I don't remember who Daniel is. I had to look that shit up

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    that's okay I guess, as long as it's good, but that's another problem: I feel like this show REALLY needs to find its focus or people aren't gonna keep watching it.
    Like I'm one of the people defending the show and I don't remember who Daniel is. I had to look that shit up
    Yeah i completely forget when he parted ways with the group, i think he had reservations about staying at that hotel or something and decided to go his own way or maybe it was back at that crazy lady's place where they all got separated.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    that's okay i guess, as long as it's good, but that's another problem: I feel like this show really needs to find its focus or people aren't gonna keep watching it.
    Like i'm one of the people defending the show and i don't remember who daniel is. I had to look that shit up
    how dare you forget about badass mr salazar!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    how dare you forget about badass mr salazar!
    Appy Polly ogies.
    It's SOMEWHERE in my brain. I need to read a recap of the first two seasons.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, I think that was the best episode they've ever done! Utterly amazing.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, I think that was the best episode they've ever done! Utterly amazing.
    dude that's fucking great to hear!!!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Was I right or was I right??

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Was I right or was I right??
    Salazar went hard as a motherfucker.
    Yeah man, it was damn good. That episode was worthy of its parent show; it totally could have passed as a new character and storyline on TWD.
    So whoever wrote and directed that one, they need to let him keep doing it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well ho-lee-shit at that mid season finale! Dat ending tho.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Man, I don't feel emotionally invested in Madison, Alicia or Nick after 3 seasons, but I am in Strand and Daniel.

That scene of Strand getting back to The Abigail and having that conversation with (I think?) a stranded Russian astronaut was very moving. Is there any situation Strand can't get out of? lol

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Is anyone still watching? This show has almost been rebooted in my opinion; it's a totally different ballgame.
    And it's REALLY hit its stride. I loved the martial law vibe of the first season, and 2 and 3 were kind of hit and miss,but zombie western featuring lennie james that is contemporary with TWD? Yes please!