Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Mr Robot

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Seriously... no reactions to last night's episode?!?!?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Honestly, it felt disappointing.

Part of what I liked about this show was not really knowing where it was going, or what was really happening.

I didn't get that with this episode.

EDIT: I worry that I won't get that at all this season. This "showdown"....I don't know, I feel like this show was built on the deception and trickery. And the one at the end felt cheap.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was floored by the initial death in the cold open. I've missed this show so much and it did not disappoint, from Low's "Little Drummer Boy" cover, to the set-up, I'm looking forward to see how it ends. Mr. Robot has always taken hard turns and I'm sure they will end with a bang; they've always been good at hiding their secrets. I'm going to miss it, but I'm glad it's going out on top.
    Last edited by Ruined; 10-08-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I was floored by the initial death in the cold open. I've missed this show so much and it did not disappoint, from Low's "Little Drummer Boy" cover, to the set-up, I'm looking forward to see how it ends. Mr. Robot has always taken hard turns and I'm sure they will end with a bang; they've always been good at hiding their secrets. I'm going to miss it, but I'm glad it's going out on top.
    Yup, I thought it was great. I couldn't believe the opening. I honestly didn't think they were trying to trick us at all with the ending. It was pretty clear what was going to happen. The fact who you see in the room is the surprise, not the incident that happened.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I guess maybe what bothered me about the cold opening was that I thought we were still doing the recap and was only half paying attention.

We've seen part of that scene before, so I wasn't paying all that much attention to it at the time, because I thought we were still just recapping until it was partway through.

I know it was supposed to be unexpected to do it there, but I was grabbing a drink and settling in to watch when it happened, so the unexpected part of it took away from the impact instead of helping this time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I guess maybe what bothered me about the cold opening was that I thought we were still doing the recap and was only half paying attention.

We've seen part of that scene before, so I wasn't paying all that much attention to it at the time, because I thought we were still just recapping until it was partway through.

I know it was supposed to be unexpected to do it there, but I was grabbing a drink and settling in to watch when it happened, so the unexpected part of it took away from the impact instead of helping this time.
    Yeah it definitely was a recap that just seamlessly transitioned into the new episode. I've never seen that done before; it was like a cutscene from a videogame that became gameplay. I usually do other stuff during a recap as well but decided to watch as it has been a long time since the last season and I actually needed the recap. I started wondering if my memory was so bad that I forgot the scene because it kept going before I finally realized it was the new episode. So, yeah, it's understandable why you might have missed part of it and not got the max impact. But, man, it hit me hard since I just happened to watch from the start.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Spoiler: After everything that happened, Angela getting killed was the logical next step, but it sucks. Really liked her character.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Yeah it definitely was a recap that just seamlessly transitioned into the new episode. I've never seen that done before; it was like a cutscene from a videogame that became gameplay. I usually do other stuff during a recap as well but decided to watch as it has been a long time since the last season and I actually needed the recap. I started wondering if my memory was so bad that I forgot the scene because it kept going before I finally realized it was the new episode. So, yeah, it's understandable why you might have missed part of it and not got the max impact. But, man, it hit me hard since I just happened to watch from the start.
    Yeah, same here. I loved the way they did the transition.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    So... Spoiler: there's apparently a third personality inside Elliot's head? Think it's another character that's been on the show or a new one about to be introduced?? I'm very intrigued...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    So... Spoiler: there's apparently a third personality inside Elliot's head? Think it's another character that's been on the show or a new one about to be introduced?? I'm very intrigued...
    My partner and I literally sat and theorized for like half an hour after the episode ended about this.

Spoiler: The conclusion that we finally settled on is that the third personality is US, the one that Elliot (and now Mr Robot) are talking to in all the voice-over narration.

But I don't know, this show is so good that I have no fucking clue what's going to happen. I love it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    My partner and I literally sat and theorized for like half an hour after the episode ended about this.

Spoiler: The conclusion that we finally settled on is that the third personality is US, the one that Elliot (and now Mr Robot) are talking to in all the voice-over narration.

But I don't know, this show is so good that I have no fucking clue what's going to happen. I love it.
    There are some really good theories on Reddit about what's going on with all that, some of which are pretty intriguing.