Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Robot

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed this show, a lot of cool and/or amazing moments. It does indeed remind you of a film rather than a tv show sometimes with its cinematography and general mood. Looking forward to the next season, interesting to see where they go from here.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    NPR made a list of best TV shows of 2015. Mr Robot took first place:
    http://www.npr.org/2015/12/27/460841...vision-of-2015

1) Mr. Robot (USA) – On the surface, this series is a snaky, unpredictable drama about a disturbed hacker attempting to break the world's biggest corporation. But Rami Malek's performance as hacker Elliot Alderson is a masterpiece of detached charm. You start the series believing this is a story about an eccentric prodigy exposing how corporations control the world. But Malek's Alderson is an unreliable narrator, turning the series into a darker, more intimate mystery airing on a cable channel once known for slighter "blue sky" adventure dramas and mysteries. This is what the face of modern cable TV drama should look like: surprising, revolutionary and revelatory.

That's actually a pretty decent intro for someone who knows nothing about the series but might want to watch it.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Someone got their hands on the BluRay release early and is posting the extras on youtube.

These are all really good. Some of the deleted scenes would have changed the show quite a lot. I'm glad they were left out.

HUGE SPOILERS HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SHOW

Deleted Scenes:

Making Of:

Bloopers/Gag Reel:

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Hey so where can I stream this show?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    shit yes. This show just landed a Golden Globe for best TV drama!

Proof you don't have technically inaccurate comical representations of hacking to make a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Hey so where can I stream this show?
    The full episodes are still available for free here. Hopefully they arent geo-locked or something dumb. http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/episodes

I hear amazon bought the rights, so they should be streaming it eventually.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The full episodes are still available for free here. Hopefully they arent geo-locked or something dumb. http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/episodes

I hear amazon bought the rights, so they should be streaming it eventually.
    Those episodes require a cable subscriber log in I've only seen the first episode, but I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of it once it shows up on Amazon.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @DigitalChaos , we win. We WERE the cool kids talking about the hippest show ;P

So the new season begins on july 13 i think?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @DigitalChaos , we win. We WERE the cool kids talking about the hippest show ;P

So the new season begins on july 13 i think?

Ay now -- I got in on the ground floor of this thing too, goddamnit.

And yep -- the season was extended from 10 to 12 episodes, with the premiere being two episodes presented at once.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So, today's Facebook Q&A got "taken over" by fsociety and all of episode 1 was aired. (EP1 & 2 are supposed to air this wednesday). There are rips of it everywhere, but here is a lower quality rip of the FB stream: [edit:video is dead] This link probably won't last long.

Great episode, but I'm not gonna post anything about it beyond that.

There does seem to be some signs of a possible ARG though. Lots of things hidden in the episode like QR codes and IP addresses that actually go somewhere.

http://i239.bxjyb2jvda.net/
    http://www.evil-corp-usa.com/
    http://www.conficturaindustries.com/
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 07-11-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    aw cool. i just realized that Elliot's friend Leon is played by Joey Bada$$

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Do any of you know what's up with the hex featured in last night's episode? I don't have time to figure all of this stuff out, but I always come to ETS for all of my ARG needs

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So I finally started Mr. Robot and just finished episode 1, loving it so far.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Loving the direction Season 2 is taking so far, with a sharp steer in to the mind of Elliot.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Loving the direction Season 2 is taking so far, with a sharp steer in to the mind of Elliot.
    Totally. I was weary with Season 1 but I love what is happening in this season. Some reviewers were worried that the show creator is writing and directing every episode but so far so good. Glad to see that Elliot is using the computer again.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm not sure about Season 2 yet, it seems a lot slower and a lot less focus is on Elliot compared to Season 1 i find.

So far I like Season 1 WAY more but of course I'm going to see where the rest of it's going to go.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    glad it slightly started to pick up last episode. It better continue b/c I thought the the first 3 episodes were painfully slow and repetitious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I just got into the show and finished the second episode minutes ago. I'm sure somebody else must've mentioned it by now, but the soundtrack by Mac Quayle is just so damn awesome. It's really crazy. It's the closest I've heard to the stuff Trent & Atticus are doing. Experimental, electronic, ambient, it's all in there. 1.1_3-oneor0.wma is an amazing track.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    glad it slightly started to pick up last episode. It better continue b/c I thought the the first 3 episodes were painfully slow and repetitious.
    Absolutely. The 'paradigm shift' scene with his church group was so beyond cringey, I actually skipped through it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Fucking love this show. It's amazing that so many people have no idea it exists. It reminds me so much of Dexter with the narrating and overall weirdness that goes on in the protagonists head. I love the fact that this show can go on without seeing Elliot for a decent portion of each episode. Really hoping this season picks up more, it's been meandering a bit here. The score however is amazing.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i am on the fence.
    i wanted a second season, but at the same time, it seemed to me that the story could be neatly and perfectly sewed up in the first season, even with all its threads and intricacies.
    But they left it open.
    So, dear god, i hope this show didn't jump the proverbial shark already. i was scared of that happening.
    Perhaps. there will be some confluence of all the shit that's going on and we will get a full-speed-ahead, engaging STORY made out of pieces of the bizarre, beautiful, hodgepodge that they are feeding us now.

I have hope. i think it will pick up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    WHoa. Last night's episode was wild. From the looks of the preview for the next episode Elliot might be Jesse Pinkman to Ray's Uncle Jack. I hope this turn in the plot doesn't deviate too much from the overall arch of post 5/9 world of Season 2.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Witnessing all that as it broadcast was the best experience cable TV has given me in a long, long time. This show is such a gem.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well, I did not see this coming... but then, no-one could, right? Alf? :-) Cool.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Though not surprising, it's official...renewed for Season 3.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I couldn't stop laughing the entire time with this past episode. So perfectly done with the parody they went for. This season is still very very eh compared to the first. It's still amazing television, but no where near as interesting as the first.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    agree completely. Not enough is happening, and I'm not even sure what the stakes are anymore, nor what F Society is still even trying to do.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So, I sat through a panel at defcon with all the technical advisors for this show. There is a lot of interesting stuff about all the technical accuracy in the show, but I'll spare this thread as I don't think most of you are into that aspect of it. But I will share this fun bit:

Obama called up the show and told them how much he likes it. Seems a lot of people are being educated about info info security through this show. That's fucking crazy to me. It would be amazing if people who need to be were actually being clued into security through this show (politicians, leaders at large companies responsible for our infrastructure, etc).