Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Robot

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    this last episode was SO dark and intense. i loved it.

also:
    i'm REALLY starting to think that the "other one," as in the other personality, is the viewer, like @richardp said.
    Mr. Robot said something about Eliot's behavior, and how none of us did anything about it- that we just watched him do it. He seemed to be including US, or ME, or whatever.
    i can't wait for the mindfuckery i'm expecting to come out of the end of this thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wow! That was a deeply emotional episode!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    yeah, that was fucking ROOOOUGH, all the way through.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm still crying.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    If any episode of Mr Robot ever deserved a writing award, this was it. Jesus fucking Christ. I can’t imagine how intense the vibe must have been on set while filming that entire episode. Incredible.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    If any episode of Mr Robot ever deserved a writing award, this was it. Jesus fucking Christ. I can’t imagine how intense the vibe must have been on set while filming that entire episode. Incredible.
    i'm just utterly stunned, and, still thinking about the episode.
    the writing was incredible, yes, but the acting was mind blowing too- the performance from the guy who plays Vera was insane.

This show continues to pull off amazing feats. The way this one was structured (like a play, in acts, moving from set to set in the same small location,) is SO inventive. I guess it aired with no commercial breaks. there was no subplot. all of this served to create stellar levels of intensity and tension and emotional weight.

i feel like this episode was nothing short of a masterpiece. I look forward to Esmail's upcoming projects.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh man that was incredible. This is one for the books. Gotta let that sink.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I read that everyone other than the 3 actors and Sam had to leaving the room when they did the script read through for this.

Amazing episode.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Last night's reveal really makes you look at the entire series differently.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Fuck, I can’t wait to watch now. I’ve been so afraid that this show will jump the shark one day, and it keeps on surprising me. Downloading now!

Sincerely still hoping Esmail is involved with the adaptation of my favorite podcast, Alice Isn’t Dead.

Edit: I am caught up now. This show is solid gold. Everything changes. AGAIN.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-18-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow... I'm at a loss for words

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, that was a pretty intense and heavy episode, to say the least, but all three of the main actors involved (Elliot, Vera, Krista) turned in absolutely superb and stunning performances.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow, this is some intense shit. (after episode 8) :-O

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I can't breathe. OH, MY GOD, I CAN'T BREATHE.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Fuckin' Janice, man. Fuckin' Janice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Dom wick tho

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Glad that Janice got some comeuppance, but it felt a bit anticlimactic. Not sure what I was expecting though. Really hope we see more of Dom.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Still can't over the episode before last... some of the best television EVER.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Was someone meant to be Donald Trump in tonight's episode of Mr. Robot? Anyone else catch that?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yep. Trump is in Deus. Which is great because Trump got Doxxed by Elliot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So great, I'm thoroughly enjoying this season. Going to be bittersweet.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Last night's episode honestly felt like the series finale. I genuinely have no idea how this is going to end now, because I was fucking sure the final episode would be them finally taking down Deus/Dark Army. Does anyone know how many episodes are even left?

Also, if whoever has the distribution rights for Mr Robot don't capitalize on a "Complete Series" set that is literally just all the episodes in 4K on a flash-drive. It's easily the most meta and on-the-nose way to release this show once it's all finished.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Does anyone know how many episodes are even left?
    Four, according to IMDb.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    So great, I'm thoroughly enjoying this season. Going to be bittersweet.
    As much as it sucks that the series is ending, I’d much prefer ending on a high note than dragging it out for 8 seasons for the hell of it.

This is one of the few shows that’s managed to bring me back to watching week-to-week, and so far it’s been worth the wait every time. I’m still mildly terrified that it’ll shit the bed right at the end, but that’s been disproven week by week so far this season.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I was literally screaming at my TV during the last five minutes of this week's episode. Fuck. What a rollercoaster.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Other than the "Robin Hood" aspect of what they did to E Corp and E Coin happening way too easily and wrapping up in a neat little bow, this season has been phenomenal.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Other than the "Robin Hood" aspect of what they did to E Corp and E Coin happening way too easily and wrapping up in a neat little bow, this season has been phenomenal.
    I agree, but we’ve still got plenty of time for things to be fucked back up, so I guess we’ll have to see.

Also, many people online are pushing the “omg what if the show is all in Elliot’s head” angle and I just don’t see how anyone would find that ending satisfying, or feasible. I can accept that a similar twist is entirely possible, but him waking up and the whole show being a dream would be such a massive disappointment.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I agree, but we’ve still got plenty of time for things to be fucked back up, so I guess we’ll have to see.

Also, many people online are pushing the “omg what if the show is all in Elliot’s head” angle and I just don’t see how anyone would find that ending satisfying, or feasible. I can accept that a similar twist is entirely possible, but him waking up and the whole show being a dream would be such a massive disappointment.
    Idk , man. It's gonna be SOME sort of absurd mindfuckery, in that vein. And I trust Sam to stick the landing.

He cast Joey Bada$$ and Young M.A., ffs, and the first season was Kubrick meets fight club, and, yeah.

It's gonna work

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So. My 2 cents. My wife and I are in a rough patch that ,ummm, how you say...It might be over?

So, one of the last things we did together before trying this trial separation bullshit, was watch the new mr robot.

And ,holy fuck, dom and darlene. We fucking held each other and cried. Shit was particularly intense for me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

What the fuck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by neorev; 12-16-2019 at 01:10 AM.