Thread: Mr Robot

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Officially renewed for Season 4.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Officially renewed for Season 4.
    I'm sure we have at least a good 5 seasons in the bag at this point unless Sam has a clear end in sight before then.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

SPOILERS FOR REAL

Spoiler: Really though, Fernando was one of my favorite characters ever. I am BEYOND stoked that he's back. Also really glad to be continuously impressed by Leon. Still completely unsure whether he'll end up being an asset or a hindrance, but Joey Bada$$ is actually killing it there.

I haven't been able to put my finger on what it is I like so much about Irving, either, but I think I figured it out - He's a Tarantino character. Tonight really cemented that for me. He's absolutely terrifying, and at the same time I would absolutely watch a "Better Call Irving"-ass spinoff.

It's also starting to look like the funnel of the story is narrowing, and it actually feels kinda satisfying. I'm hoping we can get a full 5 seasons (4 would be cool too, but if there are 5 planned out, but I just want it to play itself out as intended). I haven't felt this show suffer from getting stagnant yet. It makes me feel like we're coming up on a natural final stretch - if we're not already there.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm a total sucker for the use of M83 there at the ending before the epilogue. Epic song, as is most of their stuff.

The story seemed to end up being pretty straightforward for the last few episodes. Other than the constant innter struggle he's been having with Mr. Robot, everything with the hacking plot and it's various players was clean. No time jumps or other craziness they've teased.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It looks like ‘Mr. Robot’ is set to finish after its next season

Now, Slater has revealed that he believes this season will be the show’s last. “I believe that will be the last season. Sam always said it was going to be somewhere in that zone, and he didn’t want to go further than what he could creatively contribute to that storyline,” he told Collider.

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/mr-robot...ason-4-2368145

Christian Slater on ‘The Wife’ and Why ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 4 May Be Its Last

SLATER:Yeah, Season 4, and I believe that will be the last season. (Show creator) Sam [Esmail] always said it was going to be somewhere in that zone, and he didn’t want to go further than what he could creatively contribute to that storyline. So, I think that Season 4 will be it. I think they’re in the writers’ room, as we speak, putting it all together, but I have no idea what it’s gonna be, or if I’m gonna be floating in and out of scenes. I have no idea, so we’ll see what happens.

http://collider.com/christian-slater...fe/#sam-esmail
    Last edited by neorev; 08-17-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    It looks like ‘Mr. Robot’ is set to finish after its next season

Now, Slater has revealed that he believes this season will be the show’s last. “I believe that will be the last season. Sam always said it was going to be somewhere in that zone, and he didn’t want to go further than what he could creatively contribute to that storyline,” he told Collider.

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/mr-robot...ason-4-2368145

Christian Slater on ‘The Wife’ and Why ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 4 May Be Its Last

SLATER:Yeah, Season 4, and I believe that will be the last season. (Show creator) Sam [Esmail] always said it was going to be somewhere in that zone, and he didn’t want to go further than what he could creatively contribute to that storyline. So, I think that Season 4 will be it. I think they’re in the writers’ room, as we speak, putting it all together, but I have no idea what it’s gonna be, or if I’m gonna be floating in and out of scenes. I have no idea, so we’ll see what happens.

http://collider.com/christian-slater...fe/#sam-esmail
    I remember reading that this was supposed to originally be 5 seasons, but if this ends up being the case, I'll be kind of relieved I think.

I love this show, but the ratings have been declining, and I've been worried that the plug would be pulled before the story had been told. A shorter season 4 ending the series would be better than a proper season 4 with a season 5 that never comes.
    Last edited by M1ke; 08-18-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I remember reading that this was supposed to originally be 5 seasons, but if this ends up being the case, I'll be kind of relieved I think.

I love this show, but the ratings have been declining, and I've been worried that the plug would be pulled before the story had been told. A shorter season 4 ending the series would be better than a proper season 4 with a season 5 that never comes.
    Right. I hate to see it go, but I’ll take 4 good seasons over 8 unnecessary and so-so seasons any day.

Besides, gotta make room for the upcoming Alice Isn’t Dead series, and if we’re being honest, I miiight be more excited for that than season 4 of Mr. Robot at the moment. And if Esmail gets involved with it, I have no doubt that it’ll be just as great as Mr. Robot. I only bring it up because Kyle Bradstreet was recently signed on to write and help produce the adapted series. If you’re into podcasts, Alice Isn’t Dead is a FANTASTIC story, with some similar tones to this show, and the final episode drops in a couple weeks. The whole time I’ve listened, what I’ve seen in my mind is shot similarly to Mr. Robot, so color me excited, heh.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-18-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A shorter season 4 ending the series would be better than a proper season 4 with a season 5 that never comes.
    I was really disappointed to hear it may end at 4 (I had heard 5 sometime ago). But, yes, the worst would be a season 4, with no series end, because they planned for a 5 and it was cancelled. This is one of my fav shows. I will miss it!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I thought all the seasons have been great. I am sad to see it go. But I'll be happy to have four solid seasons.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Why do i feel like we're not even getting Season 4 this year at all? bad enough season 3 was pushed back from July to October.

Did Rami's commitment to that Queen movie push it back or because it might be the last season the writing is taking some extra care and time to get it right? Strange that this is the first we've really heard anything about it, doesn't sound like an October premiere is in the cards at all.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Why do i feel like we're not even getting Season 4 this year at all? bad enough season 3 was pushed back from July to October.

Did Rami's commitment to that Queen movie push it back or because it might be the last season the writing is taking some extra care and time to get it right? Strange that this is the first we've really heard anything about it, doesn't sound like an October premiere is in the cards at all.
    http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/mr-ro...cast-plot-news

Filming starts in November, I would say it's certain we won't see it until 2019.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/mr-ro...cast-plot-news

Filming starts in November, I would say it's certain we won't see it until 2019.
    Oh goddamnit.

Well... I do expect it to be fucking stunning.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Season 4 will consist of 12 episodes, and is confirmed to be the final season.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Season 4 will consist of 12 episodes, and is confirmed to be the final season.
    I will very much miss this show.

From https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/...ding-season-4/ :

Here's the statement that Esmail issued, regarding the decision to bring the show to an end:
    "When I first created the world of Mr. Robot, I thought it would be a niche television series with a small, cult following. Over the past three years, it has become so much more, and I am continually humbled by the show’s recognition and by the amazing cast and crew that work tirelessly to help bring my vision to life.

Since day one, I’ve been building toward one conclusion — and in breaking the next season of Mr. Robot, I have decided that conclusion is finally here. Everyone on the creative team, including the amazing people at USA and UCP, didn't want to say goodbye, but we ultimately have too much respect for Elliot's journey to extend past its inevitable ending. Therefore, season four will serve as the final chapter of the Mr. Robot story. To fans of the show: thank you for the past three years, and I can't wait to share this exciting final season with you."
    Last edited by sinspots; 08-29-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    In a way i'm glad they aren't dragging this show more than it needs, but selfishly i would like another two seasons.
    I'm sure declining ratings had to do with it, but Esmail has insisted all the time the story had an ending from the very start, so i will be watching and hoping for more Irving!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

There's a whole ARG going on for season 4 as well right now, for those who are into that sort of thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ARGSociety/

No release date yet though, and I'm so excited for....the waiting feels so tense......but that's how Mr Robot has always made me feel while waiting for another episode, or more information on what's going on.

I can't wait for the next season to come.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I heard the next season was going to be 4 or 5 episodes aired on back to back days during Christmas break, possibly the end of this year or next?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This literally cannot come out fast enough.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Fuck me sideways, it's been almost two years hasn't it?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    They were just recording a scene here in town last week.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm just going to leave this here

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Vol. 6 of Mac Quayle's Mr. Robot score just dropped!

https://macquayle.bandcamp.com/album...ies-soundtrack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today's the day, folks. The 2 year wait is nearly over.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm never going to forget the way I got sucked into this show.

I started season 1 while it was almost finished airing. Over a week or two, I watch all the episodes up to the second last episode, which I watched live. It was an intense roller coaster of non-stop watching, and then I had what I thought was going to be a one week wait for the final episode. But that became a two week wait, for justifiable reasons.

And then when it aired, and it was just 100% not at all what I expected it to be, and it completely blew my mind. It was such a "what the fuck just happened" moment.....

I love this show! Can't wait for tonight!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What it feels like when you wake up and remember tonight is finally the night that the first episode of the final season of Mr. Robot premieres...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Me first five minutes of premiere episode...