Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Mr Robot

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Came across this on reddit recently.

I knew Mac Qualye was influenced by Trent and his scores while writing everything for Mr Robot. But check out this Spotify playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6r...z8XXLFqm5VHDui

It's ordered in a way where you can listen to the Mr Robot track, followed by what this guy believes is the original influence for the track. LOTS of Trent comparisons in here.
    And the list can grow.
    You can easily add 1.3_3-betterthanm0rphine.aac -> Clue Two (Gone Girl)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Came across this on reddit recently.

I knew Mac Qualye was influenced by Trent
    I love this interview where he's told he looks like Trent! https://www.fuse.tv/2017/05/mac-quay...-mr-robot-feud

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just started season 4. Got damn.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm also in the "just watched last season camp", awesome series!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I love this show.
    Gonna rewatch the whole series again.

The final season was great, especially the no dialogue episode.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I just expressed my praise for this show in the what are you watching thread.

***SPOILERS***

This show is the epitome of a masterpiece. A show that pulls at your mentality and emotions like a tug-of-war battle. It explores the levels of how deep someone can hide their true self under thick blankets of dark, horrific moments in their life. What Elliot went through as a child is nothing I can ever relate to, but that reveal of us watching the Elliot that we thought was the real one, just to find out we never really met the real Elliot was so fucking sad man...

But it's Sam Esmails writing and directive vision that puts this over the top for me. Everything has a purpose, the seamless transition between what we are seeing on screen and what is really going on inside Elliots head deserves all the praise. He tricks you without making you feel completely stupid because every couple of episodes you think the show is going 4 different ways until you ultimately see what it was really going for.

A lot of the actors on the show don't have a lot of filmography under their belts, but he was able to extract everything he could from every actor and actress in the roles they respectfully played. The red imagery popping up in scenes where Elliot or another character is going through inner conflict I liked a lot as well, especially the scene where Elliot is talking to Angela through the door at the end of season 3 I believe?

White Rose and Elliot are the yin and yang... The Dark and light.. Only reversed. They both hold onto something to help them cope with their loss and their tragic past and it's their rage that keeps them going, wanting to destroy everything around them. It really is beautiful in a way when you put it into perspective.

The only lingering question I had was the episode where Elliot, Mr. Robot and Tyrrell are lost in the woods (One of my favorite episodes) They keep hearing that weird noise that pops up in the last episode and the ep when Angela was in the room with the little girl. It ends with Tyrrell finding that noise and staring into a blue glowing light smiling. The episode starts with a dream sequence where Dom dreams of hooking up with her online friend, so you are hinted that some things aren't what they seem...

I believe a lot we saw was actually playing out in Elliots head in that episode. There are some wild theories out there about this particular episode, but it was the only thing that didn't quite add up for me.

... To end, every episode having a different intro, along with the carefully chosen soundtrack just adds to the genius.