Thread: Mr Robot

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mr Robot

I was surprised there wasn't a thread on this already. I just watched the first episode on a whim and it was great! It has hints of Dexter, Fight Club, and Matrix in it.

imdb is showing a 9.4/10 rating (on 22.5k users). That places it as one of the highest rated shows right now. Most of the marketing around it makes it seem like some cheesy show, but it's not.

The lead actor does an incredibly good job of conveying the psychologically and socially broken/deviant character. I was assuming all the tech was going to be stereotypically fake/stupid... but it's actually very legit. People who live this stuff are actually loving it, which is hard to do. But you also have plenty of people who don't work in tech/security who are also loving it. I hope they don't screw it up as the season progresses....

Trailer. It doesn't do the best job of conveying the quality of the show, but you get the general concept:

And you can watch the first episode here, if you don't have the USA Network:
    http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/vi...hellofriendmov
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 07-09-2015 at 10:53 PM.