Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Street Fighter

Figured I'd make a general thread for any world warriors out there.

So uh yeah. SFV. PS4, PC. Preorders get you access to the beta.

They announced Ken would be in today, and in other news, the sun will likely rise tomorrow. But he got a major redesign and is looking good:

SFV cast so far: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Bison, Charlie Nash, Cammy, Birdie

At the moment, Siliconera, hallowed leakers of the FF7 remake news a day before it announced, are saying SFIII's Alex, Urien, and Alpha's Karin and Rainbow Mika will be in.

There's a leak list of unknown veracity making the rounds, which popped up shortly before the Siliconera reports:

- Ryu
    - Ken
    - Chun-Li
    - M.Bison
    - Nash
    - Cammy
    - Birdie
    - R.Mika
    - Karin
    - Urien
    - Alex
    Spoiler: - Zangief
    - Dhalsim
    - Juri
    - Laura (New character from Brazil)
    - Rashid (New character from Africa)
    - Zen (New character from India)
    - New Boss

Personally I'm hoping for the coffee percolator that walks like a man, Third Strike's Q. But foremost on my mind now is the fact that the game is just frigging gorgeous.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sakura or I riot.

I want the game and own PS4 but no Xbox One version leaves me salty. I'll just wait till exclusivity runs out.

I also like Street Fighter and always have but I suck major ass at it so playability goes down due to lack of online fun for me.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    New character: Necalli

Looks like he'll play like some weird mix of Crimson Viper/Urien/Blanka with a command grab. Interesting design, kinda reminiscent of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure pillar men.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    hmmmmm...chun li...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I spent a LOT of my childhood pumping quarters into a SF2 machine with my little brother.

When it came out for the SNES, my sainted mother was at the store at SIX AM to get it for us.
    We played that motherfucker non stop for about 1 hours straight that first day, until our parents made us go to sleep.
    We were up at about 5 am to start playing it again.

I've tried some of the newer iterations, but tekken kind of ruined street fighter for me. But i have wonderful memories.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    When it came out for the SNES, my sainted mother was at the store at SIX AM to get it for us.
    We played that motherfucker non stop for about 1 hours straight that first day,
    1 hour?! You madman. How could you manage!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    1 hour?! You madman. How could you manage!

lol it was originally 19 hours, and i MEANT to change it to the more truthful FIFTEEN hours.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I want the game and own PS4 but no Xbox One version leaves me salty. I'll just wait till exclusivity runs out.
    It probably won't. Supposedly, the reason behind the exclusivity is Capcom apparently wanted the game to be cross platform compliant... so PS4 players could play PC players could play Xbox players. Microsoft said no. Same reason why Final Fantasy XIV isn't on Xbox.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It probably won't. Supposedly, the reason behind the exclusivity is Capcom apparently wanted the game to be cross platform compliant... so PS4 players could play PC players could play Xbox players. Microsoft said no. Same reason why Final Fantasy XIV isn't on Xbox.
    I know but stranger things happen.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Soak in your own blood!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Dat ass, etc.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Second new character: Rashid. Andy Bogard, Rolento and Vegeta had an awesome Arabian baby. I'm psyched to play this guy, love the design.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

AAAHAHAHAHAA!

SFA3's coming back in a big big way it seems

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Damn, Chun Li has been in a good paddock. #chunky

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    For Mother Russia, of course:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Laura, a new challenger from Brazil:

"Matsuda" style Jiu-Jitsu. She may have some connection to SFIII's Sean Matsuda.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yogaaaaaaa

And datamining has revealed the first year's worth of extra characters: Spoiler: Guile, Balrog, Ibuki, Juri, Alex, and Urien.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Can't be worse than Slow Fighter 4. 3S and Alpha represent, nigga.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

*sloooowly stepping away*

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Game is out. Pretty iffy about it. Lack of single player is kinda lame. Constant server issues. And the lack of a character select screen during ranked really irks me. I know they're going to flesh things out as they go, but damn.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I saw you were playing it last night, I didn't know it was out already! Kinda want to get it, but I think I'll get hitman instead.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd hold off for awhile. Servers are bad, but they're working on it. Lack of single player doesn't help matters. They're going to add modes as they go, but it's going to be too little, too late by that point.

And the fight point system is a hack. You get your first 100k from the current "story mode", which should really be called Prologue Mode. After this, I'm not sure how you grind them out next month, even with the new mode coming. Online wins only hand out so many (you level up, and can only progress while logged in).

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    not really sure what to think about this... the features aren't there, as people are saying, but the biggest problem is that the net code for the online matches is really bad. The loading time is outrageous as well... maybe this is a cross platform thing w/ PS4 vs PC networking?

also, R. Mika looks like a character designed specifically to piss of Anita Sarkeesian.

...and the new Ken looks like a character from Zoolander.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Net code is a big issue. But it's sting more because of the lack of single player. Network is fucked and you're options are minimal. So at that point, why bother playing? Online is a lot better now. Everything still has a way to go though. If it weren't for the gameplay, it would've been a complete throwaway. Who knows when in march the update is, but hopefully it makes a difference.

And aside from all that, I'm absolute garbage online. To say I'm getting destroyed is an understatement. Think I've won three matches and lost many more.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think I'll pick this up later in June or so when the game is actually finished.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The game looks like it plays amazingly but the lack of content and its issues is a MASSIVE JOKE! What the fuck were they thinking? It baffles me that they didn't just take EVERY feature from the last edition of SFIV (Ultra) and just put V's engine and characters in.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-21-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The game looks like it plays amazingly but the lack of content and its issues is a MASSIVE JOKE! What the fuck were they thinking? It baffles me that they didn't just take EVERY feature from the last edition of SFIV (Ultra) and just put V's engine and characters in.
    I guess the appeal of the game was intended to really target the hardcore fighting game crowd, and move on from there. Ultimately, 99% of a fighting game is all about multiplayer, local and online. Really though, that's why I'm shocked by the abysmal net code. I could really care less about story modes and stuff like that...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'm completely fucking underwhelmed. Just got my 3 consecutive ranked trophy over the space of a goddamned hour and a half of trying to connect to matches and failing 90% of the time. "Prologue Mode" is atrociously bad to the point of making my brain hurt, Survival mode is a painful grind for costumes, and the fight money given is so minuscule as to be considered a joke. It's becoming painfully obvious that the promise to not release multiple versions of the game is going to translate into "push to sell every last bit of content we can manage to".

This thing was tossed out the door half done to meet a tournament schedule. Disgraceful. Back to MKX I go.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I haven't touched a SF game in years so when I went over to visit a friend the other day he had a copy of Street Fighter Zero 3 for the Saturn. Wow, good times.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I still don't have a PS4 so I'll be waiting to play this for awhile. I wasn't impressed with SF4 so I'm not in a big hurry.