Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN on Apple Music

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    As far as the "Copy of a" video, all I could download was 50meg 1280x720 m4v. Is this the highest quality available?

The instrumental tracks I saved are 256k AAC.

In terms of free NIN, this was a pretty good day despite all the whining and fuss. I hope there's a lot more shit added before the 3 month freebie expires.
    Yes, and yes the music is too

I'm sure the next freebie will be in about 3 months, 1 day :P

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    In terms of free NIN, this was a pretty good day despite all the whining and fuss. I hope there's a lot more shit added before the 3 month freebie expires.
    Trent is just being a copycat of Richard D. James.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Artwork anyone?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Cheers Ryan!

Actually, does anyone have the other artwork - the modified white Fragile flower?
    Last edited by millhouse; 07-01-2015 at 02:22 AM. Reason: extra detail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Anyone who wants to download these files in the best possible quality, here's how:

1. Go to the Nine Inch Nails Connect page.
    2. Click "add to my music" beside each song title
    3. Back under the "My Music" tab, click "make available offline" beside each song title
    4. Right click any song and select "show in windows explorer"

There you have it. This only works on songs that are shared for free through Connect, so I believe that it's intentional and completely legal.

thanks. i cant find how to download this, even after reading your step-by-step guide..
    first, i am on windows itunes.

i cannot see "add to my music" beside each song title. this is how it looks for me: http://i.imgur.com/iDRkT8V.png
    the dropdown says: "next track", "add to 'next track' playlist", "new station by artist", "new station by track", "show in itunes store", "share".

do i have to follow trent to make "add to my music" visible?

thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Home from work finally and did the update. I haz stuff to listen to on the train tomorrow!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I hope there's a lot more shit added before the 3 month freebie expires.
    The "connect" feature (where Trent shared everything) is free and will remain free (and you can access it without signing for the free trial). The trial is for the Spotify-like streaming library.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good old Telstra from home

I finally worked out the issue and you can listen to the songs for free once iTunes finally gets updated. Only listened to the Fragile tracks so far. Pretty cool intrumentals and different versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Home from work finally and did the update. I haz stuff to listen to on the train tomorrow!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone else hear a glitch/digi-noise @ 00:39 on La Mer (alt)? I can't be the only one that is annoyed by this.
    Was expecting a minor glitch, but suddenly holy Year Zero on acid batman! Couldn't possibly think of a more ill-timed occurance for that. Lame-arr!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    ... (and you can access it without signing for the free trial). The trial is for the Spotify-like streaming library.
    It didn't let me see "Connect" without making "Apple ID".
    Making Apple ID absolutely wanted my card, then of course it had to charge me, whatever i'll call it a charity.
    But then it didn't let me anywhere close to those playlists without pointing to "Start free trial".
    And then it wanted to ask me about genres i like or dislike, i'm not even sure i want those nin tracks anymore

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    thanks. i cant find how to download this, even after reading your step-by-step guide..
    first, i am on windows itunes.

i cannot see "add to my music" beside each song title. this is how it looks for me: http://i.imgur.com/iDRkT8V.png
    the dropdown says: "next track", "add to 'next track' playlist", "new station by artist", "new station by track", "show in itunes store", "share".

do i have to follow trent to make "add to my music" visible?

thanks for your help.
    You should be able to get it without following. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but I think your problem is that you're in Germany. The German copyright system is probably the only one in the world worse than the US, and it looks like they didn't even build that function into the German version.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    It didn't let me see "Connect" without making "Apple ID".
    Making Apple ID absolutely wanted my card, then of course it had to charge me, whatever i'll call it a charity.
    But then it didn't let me anywhere close to those playlists without pointing to "Start free trial".
    And then it wanted to ask me about genres i like or dislike, i'm not even sure i want those nin tracks anymore
    Yeah, you probably need an Apple ID, which means giving payment info, so that's one way they "get" you. (I think it's the same if you want to use any iOS device.) Other people have been able to play the playlists without signing up (myself included), so it could be a regional thing. Good chance it was also due to the confusing/buggy interface.

Anyway, since you signed up already, make sure you disable auto-renew some time before October 1. Assuming you do that, you shouldn't actually be charged at all even though you have to click a bunch of buttons that say "buy" and "$9.99/month".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    You should be able to get it without following. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but I think your problem is that you're in Germany. The German copyright system is probably the only one in the world worse than the US, and it looks like they didn't even build that function into the German version.
    I don't think it depends on the location - at least in this case. Although I also live in Germany and use the same setup, adding works fine with and without following Trent. Might be some general bug?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where can I found a link to download The Downward Spiral's Intrumentals & Outtakes ? Thx

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    Where can I found a link to download The Downward Spiral's Intrumentals & Outtakes ? Thx
    remix.nin.com

The only outtake of TDS available (afaik) is Liar, which was the demo of Reptile - featured on TDS DE.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    In Itunes, open Account > View My Account, then scroll down to Settings. You should see "Subscriptions: 1" - click Manage. Auto-renewal is turned on by default. I chose to turn off auto-renewal.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    So I waited a day to really mess around with all of this only to discover that Apple has dropped support of Windows Vista starting with iTunes 12.2...

Love you, too.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So why are The Frail and Pilgrimage missing from Trent's playlist again? Yet they do exist?

Actually just read ninwiki and it says Pilgrimage isn't on it.

Why The Frail not on the playlist tho?
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-01-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    most likely just forgot. you know him, he's probably busy digging out more demos and outtakes from his entire discography. *fingers crossed*

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So why are The Frail and Pilgrimage missing from Trent's playlist again? Yet they do exist?

Actually just read ninwiki and it says Pilgrimage isn't on it.

Why The Frail not on the playlist tho?
    They're both on Connect, just missing from the playlist.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    The "outtakes" going around are just the back channels of the 5.1 mix. Instrumentals are all on remix.nin.com like Sheepy said, except TR never uploaded BMWAG or "Ruiner."
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 07-01-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Man, the one time I consider upgrading to the newest itunes, they dropped support for Vista 64 bit. Yes, I know Vista sucks, but I majorly use this PC for listening to music and occasionally streaming movies. That's it. Never felt that stuff warranted upgrading.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So THAT'S why I couldn't get it to work

Ah well, got my .zip

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    TR: This was a thought that I’ve had, and there wasn’t any resistance to this: The idea that we’re going to be better by having exclusive content locked behind our walled garden—it reminds me of the terrible days of, “Here’s the CD’s Target version with two extra songs on it, and here’s the Walmart version.” What do you expect fans to do? Buy them all? It feels disingenuous and it’s a bummer

Quoted for irony. Im glad theres some self awareness.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    TR: This was a thought that I’ve had, and there wasn’t any resistance to this: The idea that we’re going to be better by having exclusive content locked behind our walled garden—it reminds me of the terrible days of, “Here’s the CD’s Target version with two extra songs on it, and here’s the Walmart version.” What do you expect fans to do? Buy them all? It feels disingenuous and it’s a bummer

Quoted for irony. Im glad theres some self awareness.
    Man I love how HM had all the tracks on one version! :P

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Fucking SWEET this Fragile instrumental shizz

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I will hold out GREAT anticipation and desire and hope for getting an album version of Now I'm Nothing. Instrumental or not I'll take it.

Edit:

I already subbed to Apple Music and have them in my iTunes library but my friend is wanting them. Is it possible that someone gracious could provide me the download link that you all are passing around if I ask nicely?

Proof by the way:

Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-01-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Since everyone likes artwork, and Trent & Co. are starting to link to other material, here is some iTunes artwork from one of my accounts.

The files are the original embedded artwork from the .m4a's; they are either 600x600 or 1400x1400 JPEG's @ 1-300 dpi.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I will hold out GREAT anticipation and desire and hope for getting an album version of Now I'm Nothing. Instrumental or not I'll take it.

Edit:

I already subbed to Apple Music and have them in my iTunes library but my friend is wanting them. Is it possible that someone gracious could provide me the download link that you all are passing around if I ask nicely?

Proof by the way:

Sent you a PM.

Why is +appendage so near the end of yours?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sent you a PM.

Why is +appendage so near the end of yours?
    Got it! Thanks!

I chose to put it there haha. I liked the flow of it towards the end. I still had to end the album with Ripe (With Decay) though!