Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Earworm: get that song out of my head!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    it's jingles for me. you know how basic meditation manuals recommend repeating "omm" or "oak" to clear your mind and wind you down? since december it's been tru tv's "don't you want to watch this? these shows are so so good ...".

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

I woke up singing this. It's proof that there's something very wrong with me.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I couldn't stop singing "AAAAOOOW DOES IT FEEEEEEL" over and over; to quiet my brain I made this

https://soundcloud.com/botleysmith/rolling-stone-2017

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

SHUT UP!!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Put the gun in my mouth. Blow my fucking brains out:

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Merry Xmas, @Jinsai

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post

I know for damn sure that this isn't posted in this thread to imply that it's not fucking awesome. Because it is.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Eminem (ft. Pink) - Back Home

although I don’t necessarily want it out of my head...quite the opposite... it keeps playing in my head because I really like it.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I know for damn sure that this isn't posted in this thread to imply that it's not fucking awesome. Because it is.
    Due to the thread title, I see what you mean, but I'd definitely agree with you there. As a matter of fact, I've actually enjoyed and liked just about every single earworm I've posted here. (Aside from the commercials, which I sometimes find slightly amusing if anything.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-24-2017 at 03:19 AM. Reason: On top of that, I'm also a fan of Peanuts anyway. ^_^

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Due to the thread title, I see what you mean, but I'd definitely agree with you there. As a matter of fact, I've actually enjoyed and liked just about every single earworm I've posted here. (Aside from the commercials, which I sometimes find slightly amusing if anything.)
    My post was in jest, fear not haha...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have not heard Gordon Lightfoot since I was a little kid, I have no idea what triggered this or where it is coming from. Gordon lightfoot is stuck in my head. This is so weird maybe I need to not smoke so much weed.

Maybe its Canada calling me for not living up to my promise that if Trump got elected I would move to Canada. So now Canada has sicked Gordon Lightfoot on me, at least it wasn't Celine Dion.
    Last edited by Sister Midnight; 01-19-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Or maybe the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a metaphor for the Trump Administration LOL LOL

(And if you could read Trump’s mind, love lol what a tale his thoughts could tell!)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Or maybe the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a metaphor for the Trump Administration LOL LOL

(And if you could read Trump’s mind, love lol what a tale his thoughts could tell!)
    Thats hilarious, however frightening, could you imagine reading Trumps mind words like "bigly" and phrases like "very very smarter", I think I am just going to have to get on that "Carefree Highway" to get away from Trump.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I don't know why, but for whatever reason, I'm just feeling the Christmas spirit unusually early. Perhaps it's also the loneliness that I sometimes not just feel in general from time to time due to the cold, or even cooler weather/temperatures. Anyway, Christmas Star has been very stuck on my mind as of late, with me being a longtime Home Alone fan anyway. It's one of those songs that also contemplate just how much time has passed, and how much I just can't take back. Another possible yet strong reason for it to be an earworm is to how cutting it is due to being so bittersweet.

And on a much lighter note, the song Doug and Carrie from The King of Queens episode Class Struggle just won't die.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-23-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It's actually been that way just about every Halloween over the last couple of years for me. I also think the Party City commercials actually did the trick.

And well, Happy Halloween Echoing the Sound.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-16-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Omg lol! Those are awesome! Thank you for sharing. My love of all things SpongeBob is forever.

I've been stuck with this one for a while now. Stupid Alexa!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Of all the earworms I've posted so far, I'm actually surprised that I lasted this long without posting Who Let the Dogs Out? by Baha Men. I also don't think that this song will ever leave me, hence being the earworm that it should be.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-22-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The past month has been this:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    If I ever have a song stuck in my head and i want it out I just think about Kokomo by The Beach Boys. Works every time. The Floridaaa keeeeeeys....

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm definitely posting this for the exact opposite reason of the thread's title. (And not that I haven't before, but in this case it really strikes nerves and tugs at heartstrings.)

A friend of mine in middle school gave me mixtape of songs in 2000. I no longer have it, but the song always stuck with me and I remember liking it, but just didn't know who they were. My guess was the Red Hot Chili Peppers at first, and I turned out to be right. (I never became a fan, so I never followed them.) But what gave it away was when I listened to some songs from Californication. I kept getting the lyrics wrong and even the album wrong, not realizing it was from Blood Sugar Sex Magik, so I gave up trying to look up, but sometimes kept trying. I was even starting to doubt that it was in fact the Red Hot Chili Peppers and just kept getting the lyrics wrong every time I looked them up on Google. Thankfully, YouTube recommendations saved the day for me and it turned out to be Under the Bridge, and whoa does it speak to me now much more at 34 than it did when I was 14. I don't ever want to forget it ever again.

It has to be an earworm if it was stuck in my brain for about 2 decades. And well-worth it as it's one of those songs that help me cope with life. I know I got to check out more RHCP, because I also look up music for comfort. (Which is quite normal here as NIN fans, but I'm still just saying that it really sometimes just boils down to that for me as well.)

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-26-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well this one wins the prize for being stuck in my head the longest which is quite annoying, although I do like the song: