The Proper People
    The Proper People 2
    This Is Dan Bell
    Dan Bell / Film It
    Kyde And Eric
    Rambalac

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    started watching Mark Rober more recently. Dude is SMART & focused. I could never put this much effort into something. This was entertaining as heck (NOT fake, NOT a prank):

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Anything that doesn't automatically recommend that I watch interminable neckbeard fapfests or Neo-Nazism. So... very, very few things, certainly not RLM (I dislike their content intensely, but this really is the fault of YouTube's shitty algorithm recommending hateful garbage to keep people watching)

Ah why don't you like RLM? Too neckbeard or is it something else?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ah why don't you like RLM? Too neckbeard or is it something else?
    Super-mega-neckbeard, and by that I mean "condescending, nitpicky, dismissive of other peoples' experiences, downright mean for no reason, sloppy and inconsistent in criticism, blind to the truly awful stuff about things they like". All bad habits to inculcate, and yeah, it's fucking junk food for your brain along with other dunking-on-n00bs idiocy that will forever taint your Recommendations the more of it that you shovel into your faceholes.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Up Up Down Down
    Hot Ones
    Tommy Toe Hold
    Something’s Burning (on ATC)
    Being The Elite

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Rick Beato
    yeah i like Rick Beato too.
    Other channels i watch:
    Doug Demuro - this dude reviews crazy/awesome/weird/expensive cars
    Vulf - Vulfpeck music videos
    Toy Galaxy - action figure/toy collecting for totally grown up people
    Numberphile - very interesting math stuff, makes me realize how much i've forgotten since getting bachelors degree in math 15 years ago, but not necessary to know any of the deep stuff to enjoy
    Steve Guttenburg Audiophiliac - not sure why i enjoy this guy. i've read his audio equipment reviews on CNET for a while and he occasionally has interesting stories. he's not super pushy with his audiophile beliefs and can see the value in cheaper equipment too.
    Nerdist - they let me know what's going on with all the nerd tv and movies and comics and stuff.
    Brick Builder - time lapse lego sets being built. turn off the sound and play some good music.
    Last edited by talkingnothing; 12-27-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tell me what YouTube channels you follow, and I'll tell you who you are? :-) I started using YouTube only thanks to "smart" TV and so far I watch for example:

Digital Foundry
    sonicstate
    The REAPER Blog
    Isaac Arthur
    recordingrevolution
    Kurzgesagt
    Musician on a Mission
    Nostalgia Nerd
    The 8-Bit Guy
    Woody Piano Shack
    Oats Studios
    Simon's Cat
    The Songwriting Academy
    ...and some local stuff like "Rasto Chvala GARAZ.TV" with surprisingly good car videos (very professional for our small market).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Interesting, while watching latest Isaac Arthur video, he mentioned new video streaming project "Nebula" created also by someone from behind Kurzgesagt, and the funny thing is - google can not find relevant "nebula streaming" or similar result for me? (from private window, not personalized... I think?) :-O Bing does. Anyway, it is watchnebula.com, check it out.
    (maybe this belongs to some science topic (paperclip maximizer), also it was mentioned in latest May 24 Linus Tech Tips WAN show)
    Last edited by Substance242; 05-25-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I have to give a shout out to Electric Playground, check them out for gaming news, reviews, interviews etc.

https://www.youtube.com/epntv

EDIT: oh i guess i already named them a page back, oops. well i offered a link this time. i just really enjoy their content it's like professional level stuff (when it's pre-produced, maybe not so much during the live shows lol) and they actually used to be a long running show on TV.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-25-2019 at 08:56 AM.